Fee for SPJIMR's cert. International MGMT + MBA from ESB-Reutlingen University

Recently, those who have applied for SPJIMRs courses would have received an email introducing SPJIMRs 8 month certificate program in international management + MBA International Management from ESB-Reutlingen university (after further 6 months cou…

Recently, those who have applied for SPJIMRs courses would have received an email introducing SPJIMRs 8 month certificate program in international management + MBA International Management from ESB-Reutlingen university (after further 6 months course in germany).

SPJIMR says that the course fee for SPJIMR part is Rs. 7 lakhs and if you chose for further 6 months study in ESB Reutlingen, the course fee is further Rs. 5 lakhs (with scholarships of upto Rs. 3.5 lakhs subject to GPA)

If the scholarship part is assumed automatic, then the course fee is 8.5lakhs.

ESB charges Euro 4500 (around Rs. 2.7lacs at current rate) as course fee for entire course (if you do at ESB-Reutlingen independent of SPJIMR)

Further, about the scholarship of Rs. 3.5 lakhs, if we get that, the fee payable to ESB would be Rs. 1.5 lakhs for 6 months, which is more than what is paid per semester (if we divide ESBs fees for the entire course by the total number of semesters).

I do not understand the logic of fees for this program from SPJIMR when the entire program is available from the same university at a much lesser amount.

ESB Business School - international Management, international Business - Bachelor, Master, MBA, MSc: study fees

The above page has information for fees from ESB for its MBA in international management program.

Fee structure is : 7l (spjain 8 month tution fee) +50 thousand (spjain 8 month accomodation) +5 l (ESB fee for 6 months) +1.5 l (accomodation at ESB)=14 l
scholarship 3.5 l
total fee 10.5 l
are u going for this program????

I would rather go for MBA international management in ESB. The fees is only Euro 4500 (Rs. 2.7 lacs) for the entire course.

With this information, I don't it makes sense to go for SPJIMR advertised cert. in international mgmt + mba reutlingen. Rather go for the solo original MBA international MGMT program in ESB for the entire course.

What say.

dont knw how kum th fees is so less for a european mba degree program....do u have any info on placement figures of ESB....the salary statistics for this program etc....how good is thisESB??

European business schools do not provide placement statistics as Indian Business Schools do because of strong data protection laws.

ESB Business School - international Management, international Business - Bachelor, Master, MBA, MSc: co-operation partners

The above link shows the companies which recruit from ESB.

Course Fees in Germany is more often than not much less than their counterparts in Europe. You can find many free programs as well.

Now coming to the program offered by SPJIMR, if we can trust SPJIMRs program, then we can also trust ESBs program. SPJIMR trusts ESB for placements in germany.

have u got selected anywr else???or luking frwd for this program.....today is alst date for form submiision...

I am not applying for SPJIMRs program. I might apply for ESB directly.

Any idea how many people were emailed regarding this course , the criteria?
My friend had applied to SPJain , but dint get the email.

but ESB is asking for knowledge of German language also if we apply directly.

alok bansal Says
but ESB is asking for knowledge of German language also if we apply directly.

I have not come across such a requirement but if it is, one can take a basic german language course which will take around 2 to 3 months to finish.

I am trying to say that the fee charged by SPJIMR is illogical and exorbitant.
I have not come across such a requirement but if it is, one can take a basic german language course which will take around 2 to 3 months to finish.

I am trying to say that the fee charged by SPJIMR is illogical and exorbitant.

Even i feel the same that fees is exorbitant. Although i did applied for the program....does anyone has info regarding wen list of shortlisted candidates will be announced?
rbhatia4u Says
Even i feel the same that fees is exorbitant. Although i did applied for the program....does anyone has info regarding wen list of shortlisted candidates will be announced?

What prompted you to apply for the program? SPJIMR's brand name? They have not and cannot produce ESB's placement statistics and given wrong information for the fees of the ESB program. It is illogical to trust them and to apply for the program.

I had a few email exchanges with Dr. Debasis Malik which I have reproduced below

My first email to him after I received first email from him

Dear Dr. Malik,

Total program cost is Rs. 13,50,000 + accommodation cost in Mumbai = approx 15,00,000/-

In this amount of money, people can get MBA from far better schools than ESB.

Sorry to say this, but SPJIMR has got it wrong.

Raunak Maheshwari

To which he replied

Dear Raunak:
Thanks for your email.

I think you can be a bit more positive in your thought process.

First of all, we are providing a scholarship of Rs.3,50,000 to all deserving candidates who quality the basic eligibility criterion of selection and entry into the program. This brings the cost directly to Rs.10,00,000. SPJIMR provides accomodation and we also have our own mess for food. The total cost of this should not exceed Rs.50,000 for the 8-months of your stay. Hence, your total cost of the program should not exceed Rs.10,50,000.

I am sure you are aware of the revised fees that the IIMs and the other better B-Schools in India are charging. Keeping that in mind, I do not think this is a very high amount, especially when SPJIMR will also help ESB for placements of candidates who decide to work in India, after completion of the MBA program.

Best wishes,
Debasis

To which I replied

Dear Dr. Debasis Mallik,

Further to my previous email, The fees of MBA international management from ESB-Reutlingen is Euro 4500 which at current rate is around Rs. 2.7lacs. This is the course fee for the entire course. They have this on their website and they have confirmed this to me in an email.

Why would then anybody apply for certificate in international management + mba international management from spjimr?

Thanks and regards,

Raunak Maheshwari

To which he replied as follows (last email)

Wonderful discovery!!!! I must say.
Please go ahead and apply to ESB directly.
I am sure if you have collected this info you must have also collected the info that MBA in countries like Norway and Spain is literally free.
Good luck and best wishes,
Dr Debasis Mallik

What prompted you to apply for the program? SPJIMR's brand name? They have not and cannot produce ESB's placement statistics and given wrong information for the fees of the ESB program. It is illogical to trust them and to apply for the program.

I had a few email exchanges with Dr. Debasis Malik which I have reproduced below

My first email to him after I received first email from him

Dear Dr. Malik,
Total program cost is Rs. 13,50,000 + accommodation cost in Mumbai = approx 15,00,000/-
In this amount of money, people can get MBA from far better schools than ESB.
Sorry to say this, but SPJIMR has got it wrong.
Raunak Maheshwari

To which he replied

Dear Raunak:
Thanks for your email.
I think you can be a bit more positive in your thought process.
First of all, we are providing a scholarship of Rs.3,50,000 to all deserving candidates who quality the basic eligibility criterion of selection and entry into the program. This brings the cost directly to Rs.10,00,000. SPJIMR provides accomodation and we also have our own mess for food. The total cost of this should not exceed Rs.50,000 for the 8-months of your stay. Hence, your total cost of the program should not exceed Rs.10,50,000.
I am sure you are aware of the revised fees that the IIMs and the other better B-Schools in India are charging. Keeping that in mind, I do not think this is a very high amount, especially when SPJIMR will also help ESB for placements of candidates who decide to work in India, after completion of the MBA program.
Best wishes,
Debasis
To which I replied
Dear Dr. Debasis Mallik,
Further to my previous email, The fees of MBA international management from ESB-Reutlingen is Euro 4500 which at current rate is around Rs. 2.7lacs. This is the course fee for the entire course. They have this on their website and they have confirmed this to me in an email.
Why would then anybody apply for certificate in international management + mba international management from spjimr?
Thanks and regards,
Raunak Maheshwari

To which he replied as follows (last email)

Wonderful discovery!!!! I must say.
Please go ahead and apply to ESB directly.
I am sure if you have collected this info you must have also collected the info that MBA in countries like Norway and Spain is literally free.
Good luck and best wishes,
Dr Debasis Mallik

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for the inputs.
Even i have researched the same b4 applying to program.
I was shocked to see entire fees for MBA from ESB germay is 2.7 Lacs.

Regarding what prompted me to apply?
Its obviously SP Jain brand's name. Well i do have some concerns over placements and where i will end up after completing my MBA.

I am still exploring over the same and till date i donot have any substantial info regarding the same. So hoping we guys can collect some info and post the same over in this forum.

Meanwhile , have u applied for the program?
Hi Raunak,

Thanks for the inputs.
Even i have researched the same b4 applying to program.
I was shocked to see entire fees for MBA from ESB germay is 2.7 Lacs.

Regarding what prompted me to apply?
Its obviously SP Jain brand's name. Well i do have some concerns over placements and where i will end up after completing my MBA.

I am still exploring over the same and till date i donot have any substantial info regarding the same. So hoping we guys can collect some info and post the same over in this forum.

Meanwhile , have u applied for the program?

No I haven't applied for the program.

Why don't you ask SPJIMR for placement statistics of ESB in terms of numbers (which I don't think they will provide)

BTW, the amount of money they are asking, you can get MBA from far better schools in UK in that kind of money (probably you will need to add a little more)
No I haven't applied for the program.

Why don't you ask SPJIMR for placement statistics of ESB in terms of numbers (which I don't think they will provide)

BTW, the amount of money they are asking, you can get MBA from far better schools in UK in that kind of money (probably you will need to add a little more)

Well i will definately ask abt placement stats and a couple of other things if i am invited for interview.

kindly drop me a mail abt list of colleges u r talking abt in UK if you dont mind.
My mail id [email protected]

Thanks,
Raman
Well i will definately ask abt placement stats and a couple of other things if i am invited for interview.

kindly drop me a mail abt list of colleges u r talking abt in UK if you dont mind.
My mail id [email protected]

Thanks,
Raman

London Business School - fee around 33lakhs
Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester (18 months), City, Cranfield - fee around 23 lakhs
Lancaster, Bradford - fee around 16 lakhs

Rankings you can check on FT.

I replied here so that it can benefit other people as well.

I got a call for interview. Interview dates are 21-22-23 may.
Is there anyone else here who got the call for interview?

I totally agree with the concerns regarding the exorbitant fees being charged for this programme.
Can anyone please throw some light on the prospects of doing this course. How are the placements and in which sectors....

Thanks in advance