Fav comic characters

i found some specific characters fan club but cudnt find any comic fan club. whats wrong people no one reads comics these days… well i read them. my favorite is peanuts…good ol charlie brown…simply love it. i also love those comic…

i found some specific characters fan club but cudnt find any comic fan club.
whats wrong people no one reads comics these days..

well i read them. my favorite is peanuts........good ol charlie brown...simply love it. i also love those comics strips in TOI...garfeild, animal cracker, hagar the horrible..

My all time fav was SUPER COMMADO DHRUV

He used to fight within his physical abilities, no superpower stuf bt was very intelligent.

Ram Rahim were also my fav and

yes Angara his body was comprised from best of 7 animal parts .. like sight of eagle, skin of rhino, etc etc

cheers
thanx

i m not much fan those superheros kind of stuff.

My all time fav was SUPER COMMADO DHRUV

He used to fight within his physical abilities, no superpower stuf bt was very intelligent.

Ram Rahim were also my fav and

yes Angara his body was comprised from best of 7 animal parts .. like sight of eagle, skin of rhino, etc etc

cheers
thanx

Hey Pankaj....

I never liked the Raj Comics stuff... almost all their characters were lifted and refashioned from existing and popular MARVEL / DC comics characters...

Their most popular character ...Nagraj was a straight lift from Spiderman who hapens to be my favorite character........back in those days when i was a kid.. i used to read and see everything remotely Superheroic...... am a bigtime Spiderman fan since childhood.. so when Nagraj was launched i was happy that at least one good Indian superhero is being launched... but on reading it I was surprised and shocked... you already know the reason...

those snakes shooting from his wrist to make the so called naag rassi !!(snake rope)
its painfully obvious that Spidey's webs have been supplanted with Nagraj's stupid naags..

Only difference is that Spidey wears a mask and Nagraj doesn't ...cause he has to show off his raised lock of hair... poised like the hood of a serpent...But even that i am afraid looks like its been lifted from Superman... Superman fans will remember that he has a lock of hair showing prominently ....

Super Commando Dhruv too was a concept lifted off from Captain America and a little bit of Batman...

HE was a commando...So was Captain America... He had no powers.... BAtman too doesn't... if i am not wrong he also has a whole Super Commando Army.... that too is lifted from Captain America...

Only good thing about Raj comics was that they were available in hindi.. and so hindi readers could get a taste of superheroes in their native language...

Anyways... i am not against anyone's liking them... i just felt since its a comic book thread... just sharing my bit of trivia...

my favourite is Bugs Bunny.
What's up doc ?

my favourite is Bugs Bunny.
What's up doc ?

i never know there were bugs bunny comics too. though i love that character.

The comic strip I like the most is Calvin and Hobbes. I absolutely love Calvin.
Other comic strips I like are :-

Chubb and Chauncey(Used to be printed in The Statesman)
Beau Peep
and Dilbert

The ones I detest r Garfield and Dennis the menace

And I could never quite get the hang of Peanuts......I mean I dont know what people find funny there.

As for Hindi comics I wasnt a big fan of the superhero stuff. I mean I did read Super comm Dhruv , but that was more an acquired taste.

But I really liked Baankelaal (I wonder if ne of u hav heard of him)

The comic strip I like the most is Calvin and Hobbes. I absolutely love Calvin.
Other comic strips I like are :-

Chubb and Chauncey(Used to be printed in The Statesman)
Beau Peep
and Dilbert

The ones I detest r Garfield and Dennis the menace

And I could never quite get the hang of Peanuts......I mean I dont know what people find funny there.

As for Hindi comics I wasnt a big fan of the superhero stuff. I mean I did read Super comm Dhruv , but that was more an acquired taste.

But I really liked Baankelaal (I wonder if ne of u hav heard of him)

i hav read baakelal. though it was long back so dont remember much.
if u need to get hang of peanut u need to read whole comic. those in newspaper arent much fun. but if u like calvin and hobbes and Dilbert kind of stuff u probably wont like peanut and garfeild kind of stuff. former is more like office humour and latter very, what u can say as childish type. but both are gud.
Love Calvin and Hobbes.... infact there are threads dedicated to Calvin and Hobbes on pagalguy...

Also am a bigtime fan of garfield... coz i really identify with him... i love to eat and sleep and shirk work... basically i love being a jerk...:-)
Though garfield has been trimmed down now.... in the beginning (around 197 he used to be really fat and tubby....

Hey how about some comic characters from Tinkle...

Suppandi... (the colourful lallu)... 😃 😃
Tantri the Mantri..
Shikari Shambu...

Grown up reading them...

~ Gulshan

Jughead Jones....he is damn serious about performing his solemn duties towards mother nature:Eating and Sleeping

East Ka Beast Says
Jughead Jones....he is damn serious about performing his solemn duties towards mother nature:Eating and Sleeping

I second that..
Even I do that... 😃 😃

~ Gulshan
calvin n hobbes definetely top.....his priority lists r way cool.....
archie n garfield r also on.....like some1 said earlier luv garfield as the lazy jerk....
BATMAN was really intresting as a kid....with n without the suit he was a mystery man

The name's Goofy, Just Goofy...with a license to goof around!

I think this character needs a mention, cos the doctrine of Karma says there's a
Goofy in every one of us...so what are U waiting for, just goof around! and don't forget the signature laugh after every goof, ahuhum!

Cheers!

Boondocks!!! Especially now..aaron mcgruder(hope spellings rite) doesnt spare anybody!!! its hilarious...and bold!!!
non compos mentis Says
Boondocks!!! Especially now..aaron mcgruder(hope spellings rite) doesnt spare anybody!!! its hilarious...and bold!!!

never seems to heard this name. what is it?

Phantom, :-)
Baankelal, Dhruv, Garfield, Jughead(Archie)......

zeroidentity Says
never seems to heard this name. what is it?

He is an african american cartoonist...the main protagonist is huey..hes a black kid in white suburbia living with his granpa..who says the darnest things...political issues,,cultural issues, very very funny...very very bold..suspended from most newsppers half the time...recently the sarcasm and critiscism getting a little routine...but still funny..

definitely CALVIN AND HOBBES. they are the best.