Fall2010 Admit:For 1)Mngmnt/Strtgc Consltng 2)General/Strtgc Mngmnt roles in Tech Cos

Hi Everyone, I thought of starting a new thread for those MBA Aspirants who are planning to apply in Fall 2010 Admit Cycle for a post MBA career in either Management/Strategic Consulting or General/Strategic Management roles in Technology Com…

Hi Everyone,

I thought of starting a new thread for those MBA Aspirants who are planning to apply in Fall 2010 Admit Cycle for a post MBA career in either Management/Strategic Consulting or General/Strategic Management roles in Technology Companies.

It would be highly helpful if this particular category of junta can come together for a more focused discussion on school shortlisting and other application strategies.

While contributing to this thread, please mention the following aspects. Add to the list if something important is missing

1) Mention Your Profile
2) Mention target Profile after MBA
3) Mention schools that you are considering - also mention the +ves and -ves that you have noticed about that school.

Please try to add to the thread as you continue to evaluate more schools. That would help us to create a good strengths & weakness repository.

Let me start with my details:

1. Will have around 5 years of experience by 2010 Fall.
    GMAT - 680 ( Giving it again in July first week)
    BE in Computer Science from NIT - GPA 3.2 ( Heard form some credible sources that 60% can be considered as 3 and hence approxed it to 3.2)
    1 year International Experience
    Have been working as a team lead for the past 3 years
    Very Good EC in College but not much while working
    No Community Service
  2. My first option is to get into Management/Strategic Consulting and my second option is General/Strategic Management roles in Techology firms. Hence I am trying to short list those schools that are strong on both consulting and technology recruitments
  3. I just started the school evaluation process and currently going through Tepper.

Tepper +ves

Good consulting and technology recruitment.
Good focus on core concepts and quants.
Smaller student body

Tepper -ves

Cosigner required for Internations students loan
Heard scholarship/grant amounts are usually not that great
Hi Everyone,

I thought of starting a new thread for those MBA Aspirants who are planning to apply in Fall 2010 Admit Cycle for a post MBA career in either Management/Strategic Consulting or General/Strategic Management roles in Technology Companies.

It would be highly helpful if this particular category of junta can come together for a more focused discussion on school shortlisting and other application strategies.

While contributing to this thread, please mention the following aspects. Add to the list if something important is missing

1) Mention Your Profile
2) Mention target Profile after MBA
3) Mention schools that you are considering - also mention the +ves and -ves that you have noticed about that school.

Please try to add to the thread as you continue to evaluate more schools. That would help us to create a good strengths & weakness repository.

Let me start with my details:

1. Will have around 5 years of experience by 2010 Fall.
    GMAT - 680 ( Giving it again in July first week)
    BE in Computer Science from NIT - GPA 3.2 ( Heard form some credible sources that 60% can be considered as 3 and hence approxed it to 3.2)
    1 year International Experience
    Have been working as a team lead for the past 3 years
    Very Good EC in College but not much while working
    No Community Service
  2. My first option is to get into Management/Strategic Consulting and my second option is General/Strategic Management roles in Techology firms. Hence I am trying to short list those schools that are strong on both consulting and technology recruitments
  3. I just started the school evaluation process and currently going through Tepper.

Tepper +ves

Good consulting and technology recruitment.
Good focus on core concepts and quants.
Smaller student body

Tepper -ves

Cosigner required for Internations students loan
Heard scholarship/grant amounts are usually not that great

hi sanarian84,

i think its a great idea

wonder why u did not receive a single post reply as yet !

I'm in the same boat !!!

GMAT 710(Q47 V40) 4th attempt

Work Experience: Currently 3.2 years; 4 years at matriculation

I spent the entire term working for one of Asias largest software exporters. I worked for clients based out of India, UK and USA. I worked as an assistant systems engineer, systems engineer and a business architect for each of the past 3 years.

Achievements at work:

Awarded 100% Customer Satisfaction by the Additional Commissioner of Income Tax.
Conferred with the Best Propeller award for training associates in the Proactive Program for Learning (PROPEL).
Accredited by the Human Resources for presenting a paper on Information Security that helped associates to minimize security incidents.
Adjudged the Best Defect Prevention & Causal Analysis Prime, an award granted for efficient defect tracking.
Felicitated by the Head of Northern Region, for leading a team of 14 associates in the annual cultural confluence of one of the biggest Indian Conglomerates.

Academic Qualification

Bachelor of Engineering (Information & Communication Technology) 2002 - 2006
From Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University, Manipal (Karnataka) with a CGPA of 3.3/4.0

Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Central Board of Secondary Education) 2001 - 2002
From Mount St Marys School, New Delhi, with an overall score of 75.4 %

Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Central Board of Secondary Education) 1999 - 2000
From Mount St Marys School, New Delhi, with an overall score of 82.6 %

Community Service

DCWA (Delhi Commonwealth Women's Association) - Have been teaching computer basics and English conversation classes for kids of all age groups, housewives and senior citizens, for the past one year.
PROPEL (Pro-active Program for Employee Learning) - Organized 5 sessions aimed at team coherence .These sessions enable associates to hone their team building skills.
As part of MAITREE The corporate sustainability arm of my company, successfully organized outbound trips to slums and old age homes. Provided health awareness and consultation sessions to the underprivileged.
Co-Curricular Activities

Received professional training in rappelling, archery and shooting from the National Adventure Foundation, New Delhi.
Adjudged 2nd runner up, in university level Mr. Personality Competition, 2005.
Led the rock band-Solstice, as lead singer, in 2 inter-college competitions.
Led a team of 57 students in initiating the Club for IT interaction for Information Technology department.
Won 6 awards in inter/intra college fests. Worked with the student council for organizing technical events for IEEE.
Have won 12 awards for music, debating and calligraphy in school.
As member of the student editorial board, led the HINDI Editorial section of the school magazine, 2001.
Worked with the student council for organizing inter-school competitions and symposiums.
Represented the North Zone in Earth Day Declamation Competition conducted by the DELHI MIDTOWN TABLE in 1996.

Career Objective:

To work as a consultant in an IT consulting firm and strive for innovative ways to sell technology services and products to offset the dynamic consumer demands.

Since I want to move over IT Consulting/Marketing/Strategy and consider Return on investment to be a pivotal factor in deciding my B school, I have selected the following Scholarship friendly MBA Programs:

The Plan:

Krannert: by 1st November
Fisher, Ohio State University: by 15th November
Boston University School of management: by 15th November
ISB: by 1st December
NUS: by 1st December
Georgia Tech: by 15th December.