Fall 2008 Admits - PG Delhi/Noida/Guragon Meet

I’ve started this thread to help coordinate and plan for the Fall’08 Admits - PG Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida Meet … Basically, this is an attempt to move the discussion out of the Fall 2008 Admits thread as it seemed that we all were spamming th…

I've started this thread to help coordinate and plan for the Fall'08 Admits - PG Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida Meet ...

Basically, this is an attempt to move the discussion out of the Fall 2008 Admits thread as it seemed that we all were spamming that thread.

Okay here's the list of people who have already expressed an interest in attending this meet

columbia10admit (She's the one who started this intiative ..so kudos to the lady)
nagpalkunal
yepsee
mbaus2008_01
lucifersnemesis

Of course the numbers are few ... So what i'm gonna do is that i'll go and announce this thread on every Fall 2008 XYZ School Admit thread ...sorta like an ad campaign.

Would request others to also do the same.

While 31'st March has been a suggested date ... i will be traveling on that day ...so how about the next week end (Pretty pleezz). Additionally, i have been saying this for quite sometime now ...lets do this is the mid of next month as by then most people would have finalized their colleges.

Purpose of this meet:

To meet fellow PGites ofcourse, exchanges notes on loans and Visa issues, and basically to start NWing .... (time to get into the MBA grove people...), AND have fun while doing all this

Proposed Venues:
QBar in CP (this is the defacto venue for most Bschool type meets -- i vote for this one... its pretty nice)
India Habitat Centre
Delhi Haat,

Learnings from previous meets:
People say they will turn up BUT finally they don't and generally they do not even inform others of their inability to attend. So this time we exchange mob numbers via PMs and then we nominate one odd people who shud be informed in case u cannot attend.

yaay! finally this thing seems to be on track 😃 thanks, lucifersnemesis!

for the benefit of anyone who hasnt read my (admittedly very few) posts -
i have admits from columbia (clearly 😛 ) cornell, ISB, emory and vanderbilt. also apped to stern and yale. attending columbia. have a 700 GMAT, just under 3yrs financial services wkexp, and an eco undergrad from DU.

I'm ok with any weekend you guys pick, lets make it somewhere in south/central delhi - CP? - so that it would work for most people? i guess the place can be decided later once we have a fix on the date and time.

I've started this thread to help coordinate and plan for the Fall'08 Admits - PG Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida Meet ...

Basically, this is an attempt to move the discussion out of the Fall 2008 Admits thread as it seemed that we all were spamming that thread.

Okay here's the list of people who have already expressed an interest in attending this meet

columbia10admit (She's the one who started this intiative ..so kudos to the lady)
nagpalkunal
yepsee
mbaus2008_01
lucifersnemesis

Of course the numbers are few ... So what i'm gonna do is that i'll go and announce this thread on every Fall 2008 XYZ School Admit thread ...sorta like an ad campaign.

Would request others to also do the same.

While 31'st March has been a suggested date ... i will be traveling on that day ...so how about the next week end (Pretty pleezz). Additionally, i have been saying this for quite sometime now ...lets do this is the mid of next month as by then most people would have finalized their colleges.

Purpose of this meet:
To meet fellow PGites ofcourse, exchanges notes on loans and Visa issues, and basically to start NWing .... (time to get into the MBA grove people...), AND have fun while doing all this

Proposed Venues:
QBar in CP (this is the defacto venue for most Bschool type meets -- i vote for this one... its pretty nice)
India Habitat Centre
Delhi Haat,

Learnings from previous meets:
People say they will turn up BUT finally they don't and generally they do not even inform others of their inability to attend. So this time we exchange mob numbers via PMs and then we nominate one odd people who shud be informed in case u cannot attend.

i have admits from columbia (clearly 😛 ) cornell, ISB, emory and vanderbilt. also apped to stern and yale. attending columbia. have a 700 GMAT, just under 3yrs financial services wkexp, and an eco undergrad from DU.

I'm ok with any weekend you guys pick, lets make it somewhere in south/central delhi - CP? - so that it would work for most people? i guess the place can be decided later once we have a fix on the date and time.

Hi All

I thought we were meeting on 30th? I am ok with 29th too though.

And I would opt for IHC. Its been a while since I went there :)

Time please?

Cheers
Hi All

I thought we were meeting on 30th? I am ok with 29th too though.

And I would opt for IHC. Its been a while since I went there :)

Time please?

Cheers

Hi Kunal,

I will be out of town till the 31st ...so i had requested that we meet on some other date ..like say the next weekend.

Moreover, we are only 5 people right now ...how about waiting for some more time to let the numbers swell up. Most peole will have closure in about a week ...
Hi Kunal,

I will be out of town till the 31st ...so i had requested that we meet on some other date ..like say the next weekend.

Moreover, we are only 5 people right now ...how about waiting for some more time to let the numbers swell up. Most peole will have closure in about a week ...

I understand. However i am out next weekend so that's out for me.
Perhaps the weekend next to that? But that would require some planning since I am already in the middle of some arrangement for people in the NCR for GMAT preparation.

Will chip in with my updates soon

Cheers

Thanks columbia10admit..for the initiative..n ur application brief...its truly some list ..gets us a nice perspective on attendees

Jokes apart...even i wud like to attend this meet..but since i am comfortable with any of the above talked about dates.. i wudnt add further to the ensuing confusion ..cheers

Hi..
Nagpalkunal (ross, Chicago admit), sage-of-iim-aha (a darden admit), some others and I are meeting on Sunday for brunch in south delhi.. this isnt the official meet but who ever wants to join is more than welcome to come 😃 we can have the official meet sometime later when it suits more people.. but for now if anyone is free to spend an afternoon whining about the app process and celebrating its happy outcome come! 😃 you can PM me for more details.

Hi Guys,

I am Varun from Delhi. I have admits from USC (Marshall), UC Irvine and Georgia Tech with full schols.

If the meeting (or another like it) is on please let me know.

Thanks.

Hello...I am residing in Gurgaon and have an admit for the MSCM program in Ross. I am looking forward to meet people in NCR.I would be really glad to contact anyone else an time

Cheers to all hope that ll gets what they want and many more show up in this group 😃