Fall 2006 gang!!!

Hello people, This thread is for the people looking to appy for the fall 2006 admissions. Looking to take or have taken their GMAT. I am looking to take my GMAT in October. I know its bit late but I am willing to take that chance …

Hello people,

This thread is for the people looking to appy for the fall 2006 admissions.
Looking to take or have taken their GMAT.

I am looking to take my GMAT in October.

I know its bit late but I am willing to take that chance than have a bad score cause i really don't have 10,000 bucks to spend on the damn test again.

Score Target: 800

Universities - In order of preference:

1. Stanford
  2. Wharton
  3. GSB, Columbia
  4. Tuck
  5. ISB
  6. Yale
  7. New York University: Stern

8. Northwestern University: Kellogg

9. MIT: Sloan

10. UC Berkeley: Haas

Preparations:
Yet to begin. Need to start from scratch... you know HCF - LCM :)
Will start this saturday

Cheers!!!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I'll be apping in a coupla months - GMAT 720, Acads - so so , Work ex - even more weird so

pagalguy Says
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I'll be apping in a coupla months - GMAT 720, Acads - so so , Work ex - even more weird so

Hey pagalguy, what happened about your waitlisted name at wharton?
Whay universities are you looking at this time?

soon i will be putting up Fall 2006 deadlines of all the rounds for...
  1. Stanford
  2. Wharton
  3. GSB, Columbia
  4. Tuck
  5. ISB
  6. Yale
  7. New York University: Stern

8. Northwestern University: Kellogg

9. MIT: Sloan

10. UC Berkeley: Haas

It is surprising not all universities are replying to my emails. I guess they themselves have not decided on the deadlines and thats the reason they are not replying...

Count me in...

GMAT - yet to take (june 6th is the day)

Acads - Bcom Grad from Blore uni ; PG diplomas in International Business and Investment Banking.

Diploma in German from MMB.

Work experience - currently 2+ yrs...will obviously be 3+ by fall 2006.

Target Instis:mm..havent come up with a list as such, just decided that i wud be applying to instis of 3 categories :

1. Instis where I have a gr8 chance.
2.Instis where i have a decent chance of making if i dont screw up too bad.
3.Streches

So, am just wondering if i should spend time thinking abt the instis now or should i just wait till i am thru with gmat.

Anykinda gyan is welcome.. :)

Cheers.

Hi Nivedita,

My 2 cents..You should have a list of your top 5 preferred school ready before you take the GMAT. Infact preferably you should have a grid of schools depending on the score that day, as it does fluctuate at times.

This list of 5 can change in the longer run however you have the option to send your scores to 5 institutions for no extra charge except the examination fee before you leave the examintaion hall or within a week( I think!) of your exam on a printed form, so you save $140 right away. Even if this is not a huge figure for you to waste too much time researching you would atleast do justice to your GMAT prep.(esp. RC) as you would have read so much that your ability to scan through reams of marketing material would be phenomenal :smile:

So, am just wondering if i should spend time thinking abt the instis now or should i just wait till i am thru with gmat.

Anykinda gyan is welcome.. :smile:

Cheers.

Hi Allwin,

Forgive me for spilling the beans ( I guess everyone knows your real name anyways from the sample advt :smile:. I heard you on CNBC and I recall the interviewer spilling the beans there ( this is happening too often nowadays :smile: that you have an admit from SBS-Oxford and a waitlist at Wharton. Your message sounds like you are planning to give the schools in US another shot for fall'06. Is that the reason to pass on the offer from SBS or I am assuming too much here ? I wd understand if u wdnt like to talk about the real reason on the forum but all the best for any decisions you make as I am sure you would make the best ones.From what I saw on the interview I can imagine you setting the highest goals for yourself and making all the right moves to get there :smile:

pagalguy Says
pagalguy Says

ok first :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

why are u giving up/have given up oxford. 😞
Told everyone.. head of this forum going to oxford 😞 ..

think u must be following ur statement. "each year stakes/target (dont remember the exact word) keeps getting higher"

Only Wharton and no other college!!!!

ATB

Yes, I decided against Oxford due to personal & professional reasons and it was extremely tough a decision.

pagalguy Says
Yes, I decided against Oxford due to personal & professional reasons and it was extremely tough a decision.

Hmm... even Said goes chucked, okey okey. Allwin, please share your professional reasons atleast. If at all no 'Omerta' binds you.

Rick.
pagalguy Says

doesnt SBS has deffered admission. I think they would be more than happy to accept u in their Class of 2007 .

Must have been really hard to forgo such an opportunity and go thru the same process next year.

ATB

Me too am aiming for fall 2006.....

will definately try to get into the Best....

ATB to all of us

Hi Vipin,

Thanks.

I Guess I will go ahead and send my scores atleast to the back up colleges :).

Cheers.

University deadlines people...
updated 21st May
updated 25th May

1. Stanford

(Anticipated)- Round One: October 19, 2005
- Round Two: January 4, 2006
- Round Three: March 15, 2006.

1. Wharton

(Anticipated)Round One - Aprox. October 2005
Round Two - Aprox. January 2006
Round Three - ???

1. GSB, Columbia
Only One Round - March 01, 2006

1. Tuck

???

1. ISB

Only One Round - Jan 6, 2006

1. Yale

Round 1 October 27
Round 2 January 12
Round 3 March 16

1. New York University: Stern
Round 1 December 1, 2005
Round 2 January 15, 2006
Round 3 March 15, 2006

1. Northwestern University: Kellogg

???

1. MIT: Sloan

Round 1 November 2nd
Round 2 January 11th

1. UC Berkeley: Haas

Round 1 November 4, 2005
Round 2 December 12, 2005
Round 3 January 20, 2006
Round 4 March 10, 2006

Can anyone help me fill the ???
Apparently Kellogg and Tuck deadlines will be available in August

Cheers!!!

Hi

GMAT Score - 750
Acads - Good, (not top ranked university) but excelled in my college having around 120 students
Work profile - 8 years experience in software development co., good progression in co., currently Project Manager, managing multiple projects and team of around 45 persons
Good international exposure - professional interaction with Japanese clients for requirement gathering, business discussions, etc.
Have learnt Japanese language and know enough to get by in daily life..
Applying to:
Wharton
Stanford
Chicago
INSEAD
ISB

May include a few more schools in this list...

Will try to make the best of my apps...:)

Hi!

I am a S/W enginner working for a MNC in Bangalore (3+yrs work ex).
I am writing CAT this time and also taking GMAT on 20th june.

I have a question regarding application to US B-schools (for Fall 2006).

Is applying before the round1 deadline (oct-nov) really important? In other words, does an applicant (intl applicant in particular) hv a better chance of getting in if the application is complete before the round 1 deadline?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi!

Is applying before the round1 deadline (oct-nov) really important? In other words, does an applicant (intl applicant in particular) hv a better chance of getting in if the application is complete before the round 1 deadline?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

By applying in oct-nov you are giving yourself the greatest chance of getting into a b-school as none of the seats are occupied. After the first round a majority of the seats are occupied and unless you have outstanding academics, an outstanding GMAT Score and stellar extra-curriculars you don't have a chance... take your pick...
Hi

GMAT Score - 750
Acads - Good, (not top ranked university) but excelled in my college having around 120 students
Work profile - 8 years experience in software development co., good progression in co., currently Project Manager, managing multiple projects and team of around 45 persons
Good international exposure - professional interaction with Japanese clients for requirement gathering, business discussions, etc.
Have learnt Japanese language and know enough to get by in daily life..
Applying to:
Wharton
Stanford
Chicago
INSEAD
ISB

May include a few more schools in this list...

Will try to make the best of my apps...:)

Hi obelixous,
Please spare ISB for people like me... :)
ISB will welcome you with thier arms open :)

Cheers!!!

Hello people,

As decided I started studying this saturday... took my second mock test ever and studied math after about 8 years... (some achievement)

Score was pretty poor, 410 on the Kaplan but that was totally impromptu and still better than the test I had taken a month back, it was the IMS GMAT (CAT) i score a poor 300 there...

But i still found the math pretty simple... Yes english is very dicy but I guess once I know what the basic principle of taking the verbal is i should do well.

The biggest problem I am facing is exhaustion. I get exhausted giving the test and start feeling bored... Any good suggestions on that??? It is the biggest hinderance I am facing as far as giving the GMAT is concerned...

looking forward to hearing from you guys/gals

Cheers!!!

Submit your app, ONLY when you are happy that you've done a good job on them. No point in hustling them for any specific round. That said, R1s and R2s and pretty doable and manageable as well. R3s - don't bank on them.

Hi!

Please let me know.

Thanks!