Expert OPinion!!!!

Hi fellas!!! I am anxiously lookign forward for a rational opinion … I am presently in a Catch22 situation… The situation is… As per my previous plans…i had thot to appear for an entrance exam called CAT in india…for …

Hi fellas!!!

I am anxiously lookign forward for a rational opinion ..

I am presently in a Catch22 situation...

The situation is...

As per my previous plans...i had thot to appear for an entrance exam called CAT in india...for the premier MBA institute IIM...soo beign in this situation ..i have been workig in parallel for both the exam CAT and GMAT....jus lurking around with 87 to 91 in CAT mox

bt some how have been gettin a feeling that its better to go full throttle with GMAT prep..since with this dual choice...coz i wud not be able to put in MAX effort in any of the domains(CAT or GMAT) ...
soo wat i wud be lookign forward for is....
ADVANTAGES To DO AN MBA overseas relative to doing it in INDIA..
i would be looking for some concrete evidence or facts figures..that u are able to pronounce ur opinion upon...
coz since studying in an UNIV in AMerica mite end up costing me Thrice the amount it costs to do an MBA in india....so there have to be certain HEAVY advantages that can completly outweigh the option of doing in india....
my credentials are

Work Ex::2.5Yrs..
Educational Background :::I.T now workig in a NON-IT domain..
organisations::::HP(Hewlett Packard ) and presently ACcenture...
and i can fit my slf in to the GMAT bracket of 730-770..
Gmat date :::8December
Another thing....(Rather its js another motivation to Bombard this GMAT) ..i have a little on the lower side GPA ...
wat do u suggest..an extremly out of the ordinary GMAT score ..OUT of the ordinary Extra Curriculars wud be able to
cover this lower GPA..
realy looking forward for ur expert opinions.been trying to brain storm..bt i thot i need expert help on this...
wat do u say
Looking forward for ur reply
thank u
ps:::Do apologise for this Mile long mail

I'd suggest you don't be trigger happy on the keyboard! You've opened 3 threads on the same topic.

cud u say that again (in more simplified english) "PLs"

Reported to admin. for closure of 2/3 threads posted on the same topic.

wowww!!! a great initiative....wonderful work!!!!

to be very honest with you I dont think you are going to get any construcitve opinions unless you mention what your short and long term career goals are. Secondly, where do you plan to settle down- India or abroad.

With a vague question you are going to either a) get no replies b) get very vague replies that will confuse you even more.

really appreiciated this candid opinion...
abot the long term goals...it has to be more in to consulting since presently with Accenture...wud want to stick around with them post MBA...
Abot india or abroad...
wud want to work overseas for a decade or soo then come back to motherland...
(i knw i am being brief..its js dt there is a queasy feeling of revealing too much bot goals..some superstition i hav..though being in the 21st century)
(bt do u thing this wud suffice)

come on guys...jump in ...i realy need to make a decision today by 10pm

SKII Says

2.5 years is too little for an MBA, you'll need to (in my opinion) do at least 4 years. Give the GMAT for now and try maximizing your score, then achieve some progress within your career in Accenture. Having this on the CV is worth something only when you have the progress and successes to show along with it.

That said, if consulting is where you want to go, target the US Top 10 for a 2007 or 2008 entry, with INSEAD (France or Singapore depending on desired post MBA work location) for the Jan 2008 entry.

^^

That about sums up what I would have said as well.

SKII Says

The Why, Where, When query of the MBA is something that cannot be got by 10PM from a couple of feedbacks from a forum. I do not know you. Neither can someone else- unless they have ESP.

My advise- do not be in such a hurry, u have an excellent CV, build on it- till you can answer the Why, Where and When query yourself, instead of having to come on a forum, most of us are wet behind the ears wannabe MBAers- with limited exposure to career guidance.

Cheers