Executive or Regular MBA

Hi All,I am b.Tech Graduate from BIT,Mesra,Ranchi and passed out in 2008 from ECE branch(with 67%, 12th -61% and 10th -68%).Basically i am from Jaipur.I am working from last 4.5 years in IT industry and in jaipur in private IT company.Now i am l…

Hi All,

I am b.Tech Graduate from BIT,Mesra,Ranchi and passed out in 2008 from ECE branch(with 67%, 12th -61% and 10th -68%).Basically i am from Jaipur.I am working from last 4.5 years in IT industry and in jaipur in private IT company.Now i am looking for MBA.I want to took guidance that for which MBA i should go and basically what is difference between 1 year Executive MBA and Regular 2 year MBA.Is executive is also equivalent same as 2 year Regular MBA.In future also i want to do job in jaipur only due to some reasons But yeah i can do 1 year Executive MBA from any good B-School .Now i m fed up of coding so want to do MBA and want to change stream and want to work in management work.It can be either Telecom company,IT company,Bank, etc etc.

Can any one guide me pls .

@Ani_Ana

Hi All,

I am b.Tech Graduate from BIT,Mesra,Ranchi and passed out in 2008 from ECE branch(with 67%, 12th -61% and 10th -68%).Basically i am from Jaipur.I am working from last 4.5 years in IT industry and in jaipur in private IT company.Now i am looking for MBA.I want to took guidance that for which MBA i should go and basically what is difference between 1 year Executive MBA and Regular 2 year MBA.Is executive is also equivalent same as 2 year Regular MBA.In future also i want to do job in jaipur only due to some reasons But yeah i can do 1 year Executive MBA from any good B-School .Now i m fed up of coding so want to do MBA and want to change stream and want to work in management work.It can be either Telecom company,IT company,Bank, etc etc.

Can any one guide me pls .

Not sure how an executive MBA would help you. Let me give you a bit of perspective on the different formats of MBA's - US universities (it should be the similar vat other places as well):

1. Executive MBA : Gives a snapshot of the different aspects of business. Is not thorough and is advisable for candidates who have around 10 years of experience and have worked in the different areas of business. Usually has classes on weekends. Even if its regular, it would still not be designed to be thorough.

2. 1 Year MBA : Is a full time MBA course, which is completed in 1 year.e.g Lally MBA completed in 3 semesters, Fall, Spring and Summer, gives students options of 4 taking electives in addition to the core courses. Internship is not allowed in this format as students take the summer semester instead of the internship.

3. 2 Year MBA : Is again a full time program, which is completed in 4 semesters - Fall, Spring, Fall, Spring. This type of program gives students more electives to choose. Students usually do an intership in the summer semester

Hope this helps...😃

Lally School Of Management & Technology

Admissions

I have done B-Tech (ECE) from a private college in haryana from Kurukshtera University. I was passed out in 2006 . My academics score are BTech - 70.6, 12th - 54.8 with one year flunked, 10th - 80.6.

I am working in IT industry for almost seven years now and want to pursue One Year Regular MBA in INDIA. I gone through threads that were on same topic and got the point that I need to take GMAT exam for that. But I am unsure that with kind of academic score what kind of colleges I can target for.

Please advice.

I am from commerce background and planning to do MBA.A friend of mine suggested that S P Jain Global MBA programs are pretty good.But I am confused between what to choose regular MBA or EMBA? What is the difference between both?