Executive MBA - Seeking Guidance & Counselling.

I am an IT professional with 14.5 years of total experience and currently employed in India’s 2nd largest software firm in the capacity of a senior manager. Have been thinking about doing 1 year full time MBA for quite some time but have not bee…

I am an IT professional with 14.5 years of total experience and currently employed in India's 2nd largest software firm in the capacity of a senior manager.

Have been thinking about doing 1 year full time MBA for quite some time but have not been able to get myself down to GMAT prep. due to the diverse opinions being provided about the value of an the course in India.

My thought process and goal for doing an 1 year full time MBA is below:-

1. Preferred B-Schools: IIMs and ISB. However, I have been told that ISB for my experience level will not fetch me a great value. Not in a position to afford B-Schools in abroad.

2. Career progression / growth resulting in higher packages.

3. Enhance my leadership capabilities

Pls. let me know if an 1 year full time MBA will help me achieve my above goals. Your inputs will help me decide on my future course since I am looking at only doing a full time 1 year program - Have to quit my job !!