executive MBA after 5 yrs work exp.

Hello Folks, Come December and I will be completing 5 years in IT industry. For the last 5yrs, I had been working as an Oracle Applications Database Administrator. Hence, I have strong technical experience but absolutely no Domain related expe…

Hello Folks,
Come December and I will be completing 5 years in IT industry.
For the last 5yrs, I had been working as an Oracle Applications Database Administrator. Hence, I have strong technical experience but absolutely no Domain related experience.
I'm looking forward to pursue 1 yr executive MBA.
Kindly help me by letting me know, if this would be a wise move from my end? Will I receive a good job offer after the MBA program or will I have to settle for less as I am lacking in domain knowledge.?
Your advice would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi Oyester,

IIEMT (Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Management and Technology) offers Intrapreneurship Programme (Executive MBA) targeted for working professionals to climb up the corporate ladder. Courses are taught by real-life entrepreneurs and business consultants with decades of business experience. The advantage is that, you will get a holistic business view which is of paramount importance when climbing up the ladder.
An executive MBA will definitely help but, along with degree, it would be more advisable to have a real-time knowledge of how things work at a higher level.

Call Sushmita at 9702447442 for more details. You can also visit
http://www.iiemt.org/course-intrapreneurship.html

Hi guys,

I m new in this forum. i going to join NISM's certification in financial engineering & risk managemnet along with MBA in Finance with SMU (sikkim manipal) from distance. so that i can switch in Investment banking..Is this combination worth for me or you suggest any other..
Plz advise me.
Thanks in advance..

My background is:
Bsc. in Maths.
having 4 yrs experience in insurance industry in sales with parent organisation.

For everyone's benefit. The One Year Full Time MBA (IIM, ISB) etc is a regular MBA. Not an executive mba which is a part time course. There is nothing called a Full Time Executive MBA. Full Time MBA can be One Year regular MBA (the only format offered in Europe) and 2 year regular MBA (primary format offered in USA)

Candidates please read below for clarity-

http://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/2012/10/04/executive-mba-in-india/

@oyester Hi there,

You have a good years of experience now in IT .... and to get a stable career MBA is the best option.... well i can suggest "Hughes Global Education" were after completion you are certified from IIM'S depending upon the course you opted.

Since you are serious about your career growth its better to do from a premier institute were u wil be a part of IIM'S...

Rest is your call

Thnks
Tamanna

I was looking out for a thread like this.. I have 3.5 yrs of experience.. Can i go for PGP 2yr Program in IIMs with 4 yrs of experience?? I got in to top IIMs last year but could not go due to personal reasons. I am wondering if I join PGP 2yr course after 4 yrs of experience will be equal to 1 yr executive MBA program with 5 years of experience . Please help me out .

Hi Vinoth2030
Executive Management courses can be done from IIM'S too .... Hughes global education is a institute were u can try one of ma frnd hav done Certifiacte programs from hughes and nw doing well in his job too.. 😃

Check out the website of some of these universities if you want more information about the admission process and fee structure in the MBA program. These universities having A++ ranking among the best B-SCHOOL:-
1)FMS
2)LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY
3)XLRI
4)SYMBIOSIS UNIVERSITY...etc....

Hello...Next week i will be completing 4 years of IT experience. After thinking of further future opportunities and postponing CAT appearance for the last couple of years I finally decided to take the plunge for next year CAT/GMAT with "desperate times desperate measures" mindset. Now, the question is next year i will be completing 5 yrs of work ex - so should i go for 1 yr executive mba or 2 yrs regular mba? Want to get some guidance in this regard and also with respect to prep and colleges to target. Thanks.

I have more than 5 years of work experience in the field of marketing and branding. I would now like to pursue MBA but I am confused where to apply for college. I have zeroed down to Australia, UK and Singapore but I am still unsure. Help!

Hi Folks,

I will be completing my 4 years of experience in IT industry in coming February. I am still confused whether to go for executive MBA program from IIML Noida campus or to go for full time classroom course. Please suggest and share your experience.

suggest me top mba college for executive mba as i m having 2 years business exp. and currently working in project based manufacturing company from 1 yr 4 months. as i m focussed to top 20 india b school for executive mba.