Exclusive coverage of IIMA Confluence by PaGaLGuY.com

Get ready for some exclusive articles about the happenings @ confluence and about IIMA over this entire week. Did we say “Exclusive” ? :: Our resident mod ‘uRmad’ would be travelling to IIMA to cover IIMA Confluence LIVE for us. This woul…

Get ready for some exclusive articles about the happenings @ confluence and about IIMA over this entire week. Did we say "Exclusive" ?

Our resident mod 'uRmad' would be travelling to IIMA to cover IIMA Confluence LIVE for us. This would allow us to bring to you the BESTEST coverage of IIMA confluence done in the history of the fest Articles, interviews, exclusives .. all have been planned for yee folks !

Keeping with our tradition of making sure that the junta is as involved in the decision making about the kind of articles, we are now interested to hear what kind of articles you guys want ? Where else would you get such a freedom ;)

I have an idea.. we could have a series of articles on .. "Know your favourite PGite" ... this way.. we can interview them directly at their bschools! So when it comes to IIMA, who do you want us to interview and what do you want us to ask em ?

Secondly, we would have coverage of the entire fest ..pics and all.

What else folks ... ? We intend to set the standard for web media coverage when it comes to bschools. Its over to you. Ask and yee shall receive

i say snan....the guy has posted some real cool posts of late....

I have an idea.. we could have a series of articles on .. "Know your favourite PGite" ... this way.. we can interview them directly at their bschools! So when it comes to IIMA, who do you want us to interview and what do you want us to ask em ?

Excellent idea. And if the Tees are made before that, we could make them wear it too

I think there are going to be a lot of favourites here. I can't imagine anyone going to IIM-A and missing out guys like Phillip and Snan :P

Arun

Confluence starts the day after tomorrow.. and the Tees won't be ready before that. Will talk to the designer today and try to get a swanky design soon..

Meanwhile folks.. What else in terms of coverage ? ..Anything and everything goes 😁

well....we can ask the guys @ A wat each trade in mba basically consists of...n wat r the future job profiles which 1 can luk at after doin mba in a particular trade...think people givin cat can benefit from a deep insight into this...n who more qualified to ans these than folks @ iim a (i almost wrote pg here )

MadmaX @ Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:11 pm Says
well....we can ask the guys @ A wat each trade in mba basically consists of...n wat r the future job profiles which 1 can luk at after doin mba in a particular trade...think people givin cat can benefit from a deep insight into this...n who more qualified to ans these than folks @ iim a (i almost wrote pg here )

I second that MadMAx....thats an excellant idea.....that wud provide a great insight for all aspirants.
MBA Trade insights and prospective job profiles.....

Subbu has landed into Ahmedabad and is waiting for the festivities to begin... He may start interviewing the 2nd year junta today

Again, more suggestions and ideas wanted 😁

Hey PG,
Here are a couple of my suggestion....

1.How abt asking the ppl in IIMA wot it takes to survive in the best b-school in India.i.e. a survival guide for top b-schoolers.

2.How one can develop their personality to blend in the typical b-school lifestyle.

-murtuza

-Murtuza

Here we go ..

http://www.pagalguy.com/content/view/16/1/

Check out our portal for the first article .. Many more to come .. Happy reading folks! Suggestions, comments .. et al invited 😃

Hey was just thinking can the profs be encouraged to join this forum . we can have separate section for profs where ppl can directly discuss with them .. ???

Now we have 2 PGites covering Confluence. One is subbu and the second is... WAYNE .. He landed up early morning @ Ahmedabad and from what I hear..is pretty busy talking to people. He should be getting a "Press" card soon like Subbu does and would be talking to more people to get you more articles about Confluence and IIMA 😃

Another small article about Day 0 has been put up. This article is pretty small though. A long article about Day 1 will be put up tomorrow morning 😃

hey ppl,
i wonder how many still remember me ??no posts ever since i entered this place....

well i met subbu and wayne today at lunch and boy watay surprise :)
life here is all work and very li'l play as i'm sure subbu will tell u guys :D
but its grt to be back after such a long time

and PG the portal rocks 😁

Same case here...
back after a long time...
met subbu today at the garba ..and found out abt many more PGites who were my classmates and i didnt have a clue...

cheers
psmith

Ahemm....

We are njoying the Conflu here and Wayne & Subbu are in good spirits even after I made them eat breakfast at our mess !!...Followed by lunch and then dinner at the same place !!!...some patience these guys have got !!..hehehe...after yesterday nites loon garba we woke up pretty late at around 10 today....would be off to various talks soon.....the events left for the day are :

12:15 Sapient Corporate Lecture: Mr Peston Bradford

1530 Winning The Cola Wars: Mr. Sripad Nadkarni VP Coca-Cola

1645 Advertising Workshop, Mr. R. Balakrishnan Lowe-Lintas

1830 The Times Group Media Conclave:
Mr. Shashi Sinha FCB Ulka Advertising
Mr. Neville Taraporwalla Country Manager, Yahoo India
Mr. Ajay Bhatia, Mkting Head, ICICI Pru
Mr. MJ Akbar, Editor Journalist, Asian Age
Mr. Arnab Goswami, Television/Media Personality

I'll let the "pressmen" do the honors of enlightening u all!!!

Yesterday was fun too....subbu had written in detail about it..but apart from all tht i had a novel exp interacting with loads of students from various colleges iduring the corporate dinner...at Hotel Grand Bhagwati with all the panelists and select foreign candidates/domestic students. At my table we had an IIM B guy, one ISB, one guy from HAAS,California, one lady from FMS,couple of IIM A grads and one exchange student from Europe. Though the food was average (I never like food from the 3/5 starred hotels the talk was filling !! 😃 ...Nice interacting with all these people.That was and shall remain an important take away from this years Conflu for me !I just can imagin what it will be like in a phoren B School/ even ISB when everyone comes with such deep and valuable work experience. In another table there was a chap from Europe who was a Product Manager with P&G..now; why would i require a Kotler to understand product marketing if I have such a guy in the class !! :)..........late in the nite (means early in the morning actually!!) had a loong chat with a college senior from ISB.....so all in all an eminently valuable day in b school life 😃 .......sorta stuff i wud value anyday far more than the classes !

suhas

In another table there was a chap from Europe who was a Product Manager with P&G..now; why would i require a Kotler to understand product marketing if I have such a guy in the class !! :)..........late in the nite (means early in the morning actually!!) had a loong chat with a college senior from ISB.....so all in all an eminently valuable day in b school life 😃 .......sorta stuff i wud value anyday far more than the classes !

suhas

Hey Suhas, great to hear from you. Actually I was wondering about this. Subbu & Wayne's opinions would be from that of an outsider. Why dont we have some articles from u - or others, within IIMA. Something like take aways from Confluence as such. That would be really interesting. PG, can we publish something like this.. or... not??

It will be nice reading the same programme thro different eyes... it will def be STARK DIFFERENT 😃 It will be great too...

Simba

Folks, 2 more articles are in .. Including the interview with Suhas aka snan aka SooHa$$

Yoo hooo !!! any1 remembers me? 😃

That would be too much to ask, considering i used to use up server space primarily on the Quiz thread.

Met urMad and wayne, and had quite soem revelations frm subbu abt the ppl around me and their nicks on PG... eg dint know shradda was pixie and Sushanth was Psmith, and GuCCi (Gaurav P) was zeitgeist.

We had Sid Basu's quiz today and that was fun.

Anyways, a big hi to every1 and let me get back to the grind after 4 days of great learning and enjoyment.

Final day event covered and posted .. More information n articles once subbu lands back into Hyd

Cheers,