Exact Process for any International MBA admission

Hi All, I am very new to all these MBA admissions and this forum infact. It would be really helpful if you guys could clarify the following 1.Right time for GMAT 2.The application process 3.Is there any interview for internation…

Hi All,

I am very new to all these MBA admissions and this forum infact.

It would be really helpful if you guys could clarify the following

1.Right time for GMAT
2.The application process
3.Is there any interview for international MBAs like the IIMs
4.The placement opportunities

Thanks,
Muthu Ganesh

Hi All, I am very new to all these MBA admissions and this forum infact. It would be really helpful if you guys could clarify the following
1.Right time for GMAT
2.The application process
3.Is there any interview for international MBAs like the IIMs
4.The placement opportunities
Thanks, Muthu Ganesh

1. Generally recommended period is Jan-Jun of the year you apply i.e Jan-Jun 2006 to apply in October 2006 for July 2007 entry.

2. + 3. Check b-school websites.

4. Depends on economies + ranking of the school. Good ecomonies and top school will mean good opportunities.

1. For fall 2007 entry, anytime before October 2006

2 and 3.

1. Fill out the application forms including essays
  2. Submit your test scores - GMAT & TOEFL directly from Pearson and ETS
  3. Fill out your recommenders' names and contact info
  4. Your recommender will receive a link for online filling of recommendation from the B-school or will get a paper based reco form from you.
  5. Submit all these info before the deadlines.
  6. Wait until you hear from the B-schools (interview call / Accept without interview / Reject)
  7. If interviewed wait for Results...
I suggest you search this forum for threads related to "Newbies" like you. Then visit individual B-school websites.

P.s.: Admission process for MBA from B-school abroad and from IIMs are like two poles of the earth.