Hi Although I did some research on the various options available ; but I would require your comments / feedback on the part-time / evening MBA options in delhi ncr . Following are options that i see ( in my order of pref … these can ch…
Although I did some research on the various options available ; but I would require your comments / feedback on the part-time / evening MBA options in delhi ncr .
Following are options that i see ( in my order of pref ... these can change) :
1) IIT Delhi
5) IIM-L Noida Campus
Criteria for my decision would be :
1) Timings and location : I work in delhi and gurgaon ( have 2 offices .. so can go anywhere) . Hence noida seems to be far off . Also FMS has daily classes in evening
2) Learning Experience
3) Fees : This is a important factor for me . While MDI and IIM-L charge arnd 9 lakh ; IIT offers the course in 4 lakh and FMS much below than that.
4) Flexibility : Since I do travel sometimes .. hence institutes like IIT-D offer student to take a semester break ( thats what i read but need to confirm)
5) How successful have students been in terms of shift to roles they wish after the program .
I have 8 yrs of experience in technical consulting and hence looking for a good management degree to accelerate .
Can someone please send in their comments / feedback / findings .. so that it becomes easy for me to come out of dilema ..
Any response on this ? I know majority of ppl in this group are full time aspirants 😁 anyone who is in same boat as me :?
I was pretty much in the same boat last year. I am a working professional and was looking at part time education options. I had evaluated the certificate courses from IIM's, IIFT, FMS and MDI part time and finally joined Sunstone Business School. Please find my reason below:
1) 1 yr Certificate courses dont add much value to your resume. Also, since the classes are held at Hughes Center you dont get the feel of a class. Lastly, the faculty at IIM's treat this batch as foster children (atleast this is what I read in some posts earlier). Full time MBA is the flagship course of IIM's
2) IIFT - 1 yr - Some of my seniors did it from here and it might be good if your intent is just theory based learning and understanding concepts:
3) FMS - 3 yrs - Evening classes - thrice a week - Can you manage the time?
4) IIM-L campus at Noida (Exec MBA) - 3 yrs - 3 yrs per me is a very long time and in part time education to sustain the motivation is tough.
5) MDI - again 3 yrs
So I went with Sunstone Business School. I am the third batch and the alumni are already going places. The learning pedagogy is problem based so you actually get to learn via solving business problems. Its been a good learning experience so far.
The add on benefit with SBS is that they have a career support cell which is absent in most part time education courses.