European MBA - non UK

European MBA - non UK Hi Everyone, I have been a member but have not really participated in any of the discussions. But its better 2 start late than never. :smile: I was trying to look for some info on European B schools but cudn’t …

European MBA - non UK Hi Everyone,

I have been a member but have not really participated in any of the discussions. But its better 2 start late than never. :smile:

I was trying to look for some info on European B schools but cudn't really find anything. It maybe that what i am asking is a repeat question.

I have given my interviews for 2 B schools in Europe - HEC, Paris, France and RSM Erasmus, Rotterdam, Holland. Financial Times Rankings 2006 show both in the top 25 in the world.

I have also had an interview with Boston University, USA.(FT 2006 ranking - 50 )

All 3 have been quite good and I am hoping to get a positive response. Should be getting a response soon in the next 2 weeks.

How would you rate these 3 schools wrt the Placements, job oppurtunities etc.?

From the info I have it seems that all schools r gr8 when it comes 2 Academics and faculty etc. But when it comes 2 placements, HEC is not that gr8 internationally. It is strong in France and moderate in Europe. RSM is also the same though slightly better off. Boston Univ being in US has the best placements out of the 3. Can someone please help me with these 3? The area I am looking at is IT Consulting.

Thanks!
tc
ssg

hi guys,

got an admit from HEC last nite. does anyone have any idea how easy/difficult it is 2 get a scholarship at HEC?

pls lemme know if anyone has any info abt it.

tc
ssg

congrats on the admit...what happened to the other two...
ciao

Thanks. Still awaiting results from the other 2. Boston should have been out by now. Dunno y i haven't got any mail for the Admit / Reject.

RSM will take some time i guess. another 2-3 weeks i suppose. But i am quite +ve abt it.

hi all,
dont know if this thread is still active or not.
Regarding RSM, I can say that if you are not aiming a drastic career change, you have great chances of succeeding post MBA. And esp. so in IT, where there is much demand for people with skills and experience.

hi guys,

got an admit from HEC last nite. does anyone have any idea how easy/difficult it is 2 get a scholarship at HEC?

pls lemme know if anyone has any info abt it.

tc
ssg

ssg, cograts for the admit.
There is already a dedicated thread for HEC related queries :
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/hecfrance-2007-interviews-beyond-25018850

As far as scholarships are concerned, most of the participants do get hec scholarships and this year, the amount has varied from 3K euros to 12K euros.
European MBA - non UK Hi Everyone,

I have given my interviews for 2 B schools in Europe - HEC, Paris, France and RSM Erasmus, Rotterdam, Holland. Financial Times Rankings 2006 show both in the top 25 in the world. From the info I have it seems that all schools r gr8 when it comes 2 Academics and faculty etc. But when it comes 2 placements, HEC is not that gr8 internationally. It is strong in France and moderate in Europe. RSM is also the same though slightly better off. Boston Univ being in US has the best placements out of the 3. Can someone please help me with these 3? The area I am looking at is IT Consulting. Thanks! tc ssg

If you have acquired some IT related experience in the last few years, and seek a career in a closely related field like IT Consulting post the MBA, ... you should have fair opportunities in Europe.

In order to make yourself more marketable to recruiters, please try and learn a European language enough to understand business conversation (German or French will be particularly useful).

You will need to start early on in your MBA program to contact the school's Alumni who work with the major IT, OPS and Process consulting firms.
ssg, cograts for the admit.
There is already a dedicated thread for HEC related queries :
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/hecfrance-2007-interviews-beyond-25018850

As far as scholarships are concerned, most of the participants do get hec scholarships and this year, the amount has varied from 3K euros to 12K euros.

guess u have bumped into an extremely old thread...its dated a02/06 😃
Eccentric001 Says
guess u have bumped into an extremely old thread...its dated a02/06 :-)

Dunno how old the thread is but it is the HEC thread I mentioned in my post.
itsrahul Says

hey guys,

u r right.. this is a pretty old thread... thanks for the inputs anyways...

i had received admits from HEC and RSM and chose RSM. currently am a student in the RSM MBA program. so in case anyone has any questions, u can ask me on this thread or drop me a message.

cheers.
ssg

hey ssg.....me wud like to apply to the Mba prog for the year 2010........how gud is ur coll reagradin placements and career opportunities...........i wud like to go i for career progression....so ur help wud be welcome...also any info regardin the scholarship wud be of gr8 help........thanx in advance.......

itsrahul Says

:huh: :huh: dats precisely the reason i have mentioned the date for u to realise how old it is :-)
The reason i pointed out is that even if u put a link to a currently active thread,quoting an old post, its of no use.!!!!

Have a nice day!! 😃

thats really early planning man... good luck for that..

regarding scholarships - last year was the first one for number of scholarships to be announced. none of the indians got it... (don't ask me the reason since no one knows it)

wrt the placements - if u have knowledge of a european language and/or have working rights in EU, its a HUGE plus and makes ur life a lot easier... otherwise things are quite challenging...

hope the above helps...

cheers
ssg

thats really early planning man... good luck for that..

regarding scholarships - last year was the first one for number of scholarships to be announced. none of the indians got it... (don't ask me the reason since no one knows it)

wrt the placements - if u have knowledge of a european language and/or have working rights in EU, its a HUGE plus and makes ur life a lot easier... otherwise things are quite challenging...

hope the above helps...

cheers
ssg

Hi ssg
I have an admit fro mHEC and inteviews t hapen from RSM. U choose the later among the two in ur case right? wat made u take that decision?
Also since apart frm these two I dont have much choice? How challenging is very challenging in terms of job scenario for both the schools(HEC,RSM).
Do Indians do not get jobs at all or manage something after fair share of struggle?(1,2,3 months). Option of coming back to India?

Hi,

Both are good schools. i chose RSM for the following reasons:

1. HEC - French is a must. RSM and Netherlands in general are tolerant towards English speaking people. Though for the jobs if you know Dutch, your chances do increase a lot.

2. RSM is on the HSMP list. HEC is not.

These were the main reasons for choosing RSM over HEC. But i would advise you to get in touch with someone from HEC as well who can give you a better view on HEC.

RSM - the job scene is challenging... European language proficiency is a big plus. Indians do get a job, but it may not necessarily be their dream job. the struggle can be 3-6 months after graduation. And option of going back to India is definitely one of them if you cannot sustain the costs of living in Europe for a long time being jobless.

HEC, from what i have heard, is quite similar in that respect. The knowledge of French is a must for practically all jobs which makes it a bit more difficult.

good luck.

cheers
ssg

Hi,

Both are good schools. i chose RSM for the following reasons:

1. HEC - French is a must. RSM and Netherlands in general are tolerant towards English speaking people. Though for the jobs if you know Dutch, your chances do increase a lot.

2. RSM is on the HSMP list. HEC is not.

These were the main reasons for choosing RSM over HEC. But i would advise you to get in touch with someone from HEC as well who can give you a better view on HEC.

RSM - the job scene is challenging... European language proficiency is a big plus. Indians do get a job, but it may not necessarily be their dream job. the struggle can be 3-6 months after graduation. And option of going back to India is definitely one of them if you cannot sustain the costs of living in Europe for a long time being jobless.

HEC, from what i have heard, is quite similar in that respect. The knowledge of French is a must for practically all jobs which makes it a bit more difficult.

good luck.

cheers
ssg

Thanks ssg. Its a good info. However, having no other option, probably I will have to choose between these two schools.If RSM happnes that is (currently only HEC admit).

Hey ssg,
What is your take on IE ( instituto de Empressa ) ranked 11th on ft.com

Hey ssg,
What is your take on IE ( instituto de Empressa ) ranked 11th on ft.com

Hi ssg
I am in a similar position as you. Have HEC and RSM admit. Want to decide on one of them and more sowith respect to the cost(consideriing scholarship) and jobs scenario perspective.
My mail Id is : [email protected] Could you share ur id on this mail id of mine? Have some queries. And you wud be the best person to answer.

Thanks

hi,

sorry for the delay in reply.

It may be high ranked but am not too sure about the placements. i would advise you to check the placements for international and non-Spanish speaking students. i am assuming that you do not speak spanish. in case you do, it will be really helpful for you in placements.

This is strictly my opinion. Someone from that school will be able to guide you better.

hope it helps.

cheers
ssg