ESSEC MSc Management : 2011 intake

Hi, All ESSEC MSc Management aspirants please discuss here regarding selection process or about the program. I have just applied to session 1 (deadline 29 oct). Anyone else applied to session 1? Also has anyone done enough research about t…

Hi,
All ESSEC MSc Management aspirants please discuss here regarding selection process or about the program.
I have just applied to session 1 (deadline 29 oct).
Anyone else applied to session 1?
Also has anyone done enough research about the feasibility of Msc program (flagship program of ESSEC)?
I am also really confused about ESSEC versus HEC versus ESCP Europe (ranked 1st in FT rankings!), anyone can compare these 3 schools?

Hi,
All ESSEC MSc Management aspirants please discuss here regarding selection process or about the program.
I have just applied to session 1 (deadline 29 oct).
Anyone else applied to session 1?
Also has anyone done enough research about the feasibility of Msc program (flagship program of ESSEC)?
I am also really confused about ESSEC versus HEC versus ESCP Europe (ranked 1st in FT rankings!), anyone can compare these 3 schools?

Hi!!
Though I havent applied to ESSEC, I am in the process of applying to Warwick, Bath, Cranfeild, Rotterdam, HEC, and Strathclyde for my MSc in Marketing.
This would be a great way to compare and collate information.

More about you??
GRE/GMAT scores??
Work Profile??
Acads??

See you around!!
Akshay Vannery.

shortlisted for interview.

anyone else out there?

hi,
I have also been shortlisted for the interview. :D
my interview is 2morow at 12, when is your .
what is your profile??

Hi,

If you have been shortlisted can you state what your GMAT score is? And a little bit about your profile, it'll really help to know what kind of profiles Essec is looking at.

Thanks and Regards

my gmat score is 680.
profile-
Final year B.tech, IIT Delhi.
interns- HSBC Bank, Barclays finance, Rites India
10 months part time work experience in an startup
decent extra currics.
regard!!

Don't take rankings too seriously. The reputation that comes with HEC is in a different league, though ESCP and ESSEC are not far behind but if you have an option go with HEC.

Hey ,
got Admit from essec !! 😃
any one else out there ??

Hey guys.. Congratulations to all those who have been selected and best wishes to those applying. :cheerio:

I am a current ESSEC Grande ecole student(1st year MSc in Management) and would be glad to help you with your queries.

Hi, I have a query. Essec states that a 4 year undergrad degree is required in order to apply. Can you confirm the same? The reason is that I have a 3 year BBA degree, so is it absolutely necessary for me to study for another year before I apply?

Hey guys.. Congratulations to all those who have been selected and best wishes to those applying. :cheerio:

I am a current ESSEC Grande ecole student(1st year MSc in Management) and would be glad to help you with your queries.

Hey lots of queries !!
1) Can u please share your profile? would be of immense help.
2) any tips before applying
3) which are the good schools that one can apply acc. to u
4) what is the placement scenario?
5) i have six mnths exp. at cisco. BE comp 66% 12th 82.3% 10th 89.2%
6) any experience u would like to share which would motivate us further !!
7) how long can we stay in europe after grad ? does the visa get renewed?
whats the aid scene and living expenses scene?

sorry double post

Hey

I have a query regarding placements for Indians. My current level of French is DELF A2, and obviously we wont be fluent in French by the time we graduate, so how is the placement scenario for Indians? I already have a great job and ESSEC admit, so unable to decide between these 2.
If possible can you also quote the packages of Indians who have just graduated? (this will be of great help for me to determine my opportunity cost)

hey, :cheerio:
Thank you so much for helping us out. I would also like to know about the placements of recent indian graduates.
Also if you can tell something about apprenticeship, what kind of offers are there and what kind of profile are the companies generally looking for ( in case of indian students )

also, since we wont be speaking fluent french, do we have any chance of getting apprenticeship?

Raahat Says
Hi, I have a query. Essec states that a 4 year undergrad degree is required in order to apply. Can you confirm the same? The reason is that I have a 3 year BBA degree, so is it absolutely necessary for me to study for another year before I apply?

Hey Raahat. I checked with the Admissions and they said they would consider students with 3-year degrees.
Hey lots of queries !!
1) Can u please share your profile? would be of immense help.
2) any tips before applying
3) which are the good schools that one can apply acc. to u
4) what is the placement scenario?
5) i have six mnths exp. at cisco. BE comp 66% 12th 82.3% 10th 89.2%
6) any experience u would like to share which would motivate us further !!
7) how long can we stay in europe after grad ? does the visa get renewed?
whats the aid scene and living expenses scene?

Hey Cricket!!

1. Good acads, 2 yrs work-ex, Gmat 680, good and diverse extra-currics(football and not cricket )
Received admits from MiM - IE and ESSEC..
2. Tips-
a. Good GMAT score b. Honest essay c. Honesty in the interview
3. If you are talking about MiM; IE, ESSEC, HEC, RSM come to the top of my mind ..
4. Placement.. There is actually nothing called as placement outside India..
There are networking days with International recruiters from top firms like Google, Amazon (No Facebook yet ;-)).. Finding jobs is tougher in Europe than in India.. One really has to carve out one's niche..
5. Good
6. ESSEC has a number of associations which really help identify ones managerial traits and characteristics, identify ones weaknesses and strengths; identify ones interests and pursue ones goals fearlessly.. There's the ESSEC Ventures where people start everything from Spirulina capsules to Agribusiness projects in Africa with the help of professors.. There is no limit..
7. Depends on the individuals skills and expertise in a specific area, likeability with employer etc .. The Visa does get renewed.
8. A fair number of students get aid from the French Govt scholarships.. Few students get the ESSEC Excellence scholarship..
hey, :cheerio:
Thank you so much for helping us out. I would also like to know about the placements of recent indian graduates.
Also if you can tell something about apprenticeship, what kind of offers are there and what kind of profile are the companies generally looking for ( in case of indian students )

Hey VVJ/Eurodreams..

Apprenticeships are possible without fluent French.. Of the few Indians who have been to ESSEC, 2 of them have apprenticeship offers(Without French.. Fluency in French is a huge advantage nevertheless). Internships are fairly easy to find and they could be converted to apprenticeships..

Unfortunately there is nothing called as Placement when one leaves India.. That may be for a good reason though as it leads us to find our motivations.. ESSEC equips us with all the skills to drive towards our self-made goals..

There is no specific profile as such.. Once at ESSEC, one follows his/her own career according to one's own goals.. There are all kinds of Companies coming to the campus and each one needs a different type of candidate/personality..
Hey

I have a query regarding placements for Indians. My current level of French is DELF A2, and obviously we wont be fluent in French by the time we graduate, so how is the placement scenario for Indians? I already have a great job and ESSEC admit, so unable to decide between these 2.
If possible can you also quote the packages of Indians who have just graduated? (this will be of great help for me to determine my opportunity cost)

Salaries vary widely based on experience.. There is nothing like placements.. DELF A2 is pretty good dude..