ESSEC admits 2008

Got an admit from ESSEC Business school ,Paris today. Looking for those who have applied to ESSEC /waitlisted/ already admitted/ current students to share thoughts. Could not find any other thread for ESSEC. Any one?

Got an admit from ESSEC Business school ,Paris today. Looking for those who have applied to ESSEC /waitlisted/ already admitted/ current students to share thoughts.
Could not find any other thread for ESSEC. Any one?

Hi praveenkster,

What is your profile like ?
Iam considering applying to ESSEC. Do you think its late?

Hi deeps

My Profile:

GMAT : 730
Work Ex: 2 yrs (by June)
Acads: Ok (IIT ,mech)
Extra curriculars: excellent

Its never too late ??: ..prepare a good application and submit it by 30th

all the best

cheers

praveen

Thanx praveen..
i will do that.

Hi deeps

My Profile:

GMAT : 730
Work Ex: 2 yrs (by June)
Acads: Ok (IIT ,mech)
Extra curriculars: excellent

Its never too late ??: ..prepare a good application and submit it by 30th

all the best

cheers

praveen

Hi

I too have an admit from ESSEC for Sep 2008.

Profile:

B.E (Anna Univ,Comp Sci)
Work Ex- 2yrs in June
GMAT-730

Good to find someone from here with an admit:)

Hi praveenkster,

Are you waiting for other admits or you are planning to take up ESSEC....

Regards,

Vishnu

hi Vishnu,

Congratulations for ur admit.

Most probably I am going to join ESSEC. What abt u?

So were u R2 or R1 applicant.

I applied in R2.

cheers

Praveen

Hi guyz.. i am also plannin to apply to ESSEC before the 30th..my brief profile..female..2 yrs wrk ex in Financial Research..710 gmat...but was not too sure abt the school as it is not ranked...also since its in France the language also seems a problem..how are u all plannin to handle that..plus finally..is it really worth it?? ...no offence but since i have my doubts here i thought will check with others...pls tell what u guyz think...

Hey i'll give u my take on ESSEC...it's a private school and it's one of the top b schools in France...it's got a good track record with respect to placements and internships....with respect to French, i think you can follow the entire program in english...but whether it fits your bill is something which you must decide....

schumi_pete Says
Hey i'll give u my take on ESSEC...it's a private school and it's one of the top b schools in France...it's got a good track record with respect to placements and internships....with respect to French, i think you can follow the entire program in english...but whether it fits your bill is something which you must decide....

Thanks for the response schumi_pete...ya ive been thinkin about this and cant seem to decide still..with the deadline coming closer i dunno whether to apply or wait for fall 2009 and apply to NUS and ISB n al...considering they are ranked..and i wud wanna work in India asap after my Mba...ofcourse essec wud mean wrkin abroad for 1 yr or 2 since ill spend so much.damn dunno how will i decide...my profile..2 yrs wrk ex in financial research..710 gmat..female..
cant decide man...ufff
Have u guyz with 2 yrs wrk ex considerd applyin anywher else or is essec the sure thing

well, in my case i have a reasonable amount of fluency in French....so it made sense to stick to France...personally, i believe that 2 yrs of work ex is not sufficient for ISB....it may be enough NUS though...but I think you are right about the working abroad part...choosing ESSEC would mean that you might have to work in Europe or US for a couple of years...though I don't see any reason for you to have any trouble in coming back to India after that...

Hi singhsh

It seems ur too much worried about rankings ..i agree that rankings are an important indicator for a good program but its not the only thing. ( i mean i won't just say that ISB is better than Kellogs just because FT says so).. for me its reputation in the industry is what really matters and ESSEC has it it is definitely in the top 3 french MBA programs and in WSJ rankings (which is based on recruiters feedback) it ranks 7th in the world. Again rankings should just be one of the criterion for ur selection. You should look into whether the school is good fit for u or not depending on ur further career goals.
personally I found ESSEC to be a perfect fit for me in terms of its curriculam flexibility , exchange programs and internship opportunities.

coming to ur second part language would not be a hurdle but it will definitely be an added advantage if u know french . I myself don't know french but will learn in India plus they have prep course in september for that

if ur planning to work in India u might want to consider ESSEC's tie up with IIM Ahmedabad u can earn a dual degree frm thr.

think thru ur options and apply accordingly
U always have an option of defering ur admit :)

ESSEC is definitely better than NUS but ISB might be better if u wanna work in india

@ESSEC u'll have a good chance as they r consciously trying to increase thr intake frm India

Hope this helps

cheers

Praveen

Hi Praveen,

I agree with u about the rankings...ESSEC is definitely among the best in business in France...and it's placements record is excellent.....I had applied to the Masters' programs in HEC but I've decided to take up ESSEC......do u have any info regarding the accomodation in ESSEC....

Regards,

Vishnu

they will send the details of the accommodation once all the admits have been completed.. all the international students are given accommodation on campus...u can refer the website for the various acco and their rent

Housing - Life at ESSEC - ESSEC Business School

oh ok....does that mean will we get our offer letters only after the R3 results are declared????

Probably they'll send the admit letter in another 10 days time (if u got ur admit in R2)

rest of the documents they'll send after the R3 admits are over

Did u apply for eiffel schol?

Hi Praveen,

I did not apply for the Eiffel schol....i think u must be a R1 candidate to apply for it..

correct me if i am wrong...do u have any idea bout off campus accomodation at ESSEC??
Cheers,
Vishnu

no man i don't have idea abt aco outside ESSEC but in their letter they have mentioned that the international students get "priority" allocation of residence on campus

Hi...

I heard ESSEC also has a tie up with ITM- degree will be joint one... SOrt of like an European degree, is that any good?

ITM :: The Institute for Technology and Management

Hope some1 can guide me onthis...