Essay type questions... SP Jain

Hi all, I am having a real hrad time pondering over the questions in SP Jain form… Some of the questions are Why MBA, Why MBA before experience etc…? I know a lot of you guys would suggest to write the way I feel it… But, I think a bit…

Hi all,
I am having a real hrad time pondering over the questions in SP Jain form...
Some of the questions are Why MBA, Why MBA before experience etc...?
I know a lot of you guys would suggest to write the way I feel it... But, I think a bit of manipulation won't hurt...
So, please gimme some pointer/ links/ answers to the questions...
@Mods --- I tried to search the archives for similar stuff but was over whelmed by the search results. Did check 10-15 of 'em but none of them were close to my search... Wud be highly grateful, if you cud plz post the links from the archives to help me out!
~SM

Would also appreciate if been-there-done-that guys take a note and advise accordingly...
~SM

You could check mine at :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cat2k2/message/2626

The next year i.e 2003 I wrote some vastly improved ones. But both the times I was dinged (not even a call for the GD process) hence I don't know if there is a flaw which I am not able to see.

Seriously HTH!! It was painful going through the archive of cat2k2 😛

Arun

On hindsight....this doesn't seem to be of much help to anyone :)

Arun

Hey Guys!
We need more help...
Wanted to bump this topic up so that more guys could see the topic and answer to the questions...
Mods and current students please take note of the topic and kindly reply...

Hey Guys!
We need more help...
Wanted to bump this topic up so that more guys could see the topic and answer to the questions...
Mods and current students please take note of the topic and kindly reply...

Hey Man,
I would suggest you to take a notepad and start writing whatever comes in your head for a particular question. Just write for 15 odd minutes. u would have a page full. Then read it - most of it you will find crap and start cutting it out with a pencil.
Lo and behold you wil have your personal answer.

Another thing - dont try to copy something - let it be as original as u can make it. There is nothing wrong in saying 'I do not do any volunteer socila work , but I plan to build a scool for unpriviledged children someday'.

Try to keep your answers realistic. the guys who will be reading your answers are extremely experienced and they can see thru your answer in a jiffy - don't make the mistake of trying to fool them - be honest and sincere - it will make a greater impact.

Now do this - take the first qst - ponder for a while - then start writing.
Write at least 5 points and elaborate them - do this excercise sincerely for 20 mins per qst - in the end start reading and you will see what you have written is trivial - work on it and improve.

Cheers to honesty man cause sincerity 'ALWAYS' pays !!

Sam

I have pondered and written a lotta stuff...
I also know that 'faking up' things is not the right way to go...
But, some inputs are really really welcome...
More importantly, for the question, why an MBA without experience...

I have pondered and written a lotta stuff...
I also know that 'faking up' things is not the right way to go...
But, some inputs are really really welcome...
More importantly, for the question, why an MBA without experience...

Tell me something about u'r self - u'r background and all

I can hep u out
Me an Engineer working for last 1 year

I am a Comp Sc. fresher... prep for CAT...
Q : Why do you think that I am in a more advantageous position than a guy like you who's working for a year now...
I'll shortly mention all the questions that are in the form... I am not gonna 'COPY' it outrightly...

hey its really very difficult to fill this form ........but one should fill this form as better as possible.bcoz i"ve heard that some boyz r called even before cat just by reading these essay type question.

abhi

I am a Comp Sc. fresher... prep for CAT...
Q : Why do you think that I am in a more advantageous position than a guy like you who's working for a year now...
I'll shortly mention all the questions that are in the form... I am not gonna 'COPY' it outrightly...

Okay,
Good - what do u plan to do in life - do u know what MBA is all about ?
Answer these - u will get your own answers
1. Where do u think u will be in 5 / 10 years from now.
2. Wat do u think MBA gives u ??
3. Do u think enng isn't your area of expertise ? if yes how cas u be sure MBA will be
4. What specialization u wanna take and why

these were some things they asked me at XIM interview last year - i could not convince them as i really had no clue - i was about to join Toshiba in B'lore and i wasn't serious about MBA.
I would recommend u to do some self analysis and see why u wanna do MBA - no one can tell u that so try figuring it out u'rself.
And one more thing - i hope i'm wrong - but u seem to be asking for spoonfeeding - don't do that buddy cause where ever u'll go - it will have to be u all the way - no one will help u and no one get u out of the pond -

Take care and all the best for the BILLI 04

adios,
sam

I am asking for the answers or kinda draft for the answers so that I can get a hang of the things... so , that I can get varied ideas...

I think the best option is to be yourself...the guys who screen the forms at spjain will be people like you and me who have filled the same forms to get thru.....and in anycase they are not expecting Gods to be answering the questions or do they?

in anycase SP is off my list....for now atleast !

Hi Saurabh,

These questions are always interesting because they make u think about Why MBA etc etc. It asks u questions which u havent asked to urself. So, now is the right time. There are lot of things out there in the web. See if u can google something, maybe some key phrases etc etc.

There is just a recent thread in the GMAT section. There are some real good comments from htowner. See if that helps. 😃

Try searching SPJAIN on the forum itself. Also, search for SOP (Statement of purpose) on the forum. There is one Art of writing SOP with a lot of ppl pitching in. See if anything strikes ok.... 😃

Cheers

Hi all,
Can any of the guys from SP Jain confirm whether we have to strictly conform to the 100 word limit or the length of the essays should be such that they r legible 2 the reader?
please enlighten.

bye...

Are question on the form different from what they are on the net. Because I didnot find a question pertaining to why MBA before experience.

Hi all,
Can any of the guys from SP Jain confirm whether we have to strictly conform to the 100 word limit or the length of the essays should be such that they r legible 2 the reader?
please enlighten.

bye...

Hi CATManiac,
Im from S P Jain...

The 100 word limit is binding for the offline form too

Hope that helps

Neonic

I'm wondering whether you apply because you really like it or it's just an option. If you really like it, just put all your admiration into the essay. Think well on it, find the best points and tell about them. If it's just an option, do pretty the same, but just imagine you like it. Basically lie. When I wrote my essay, I was into my study, but was too scared, so I found https://essay-writing-services.reviews/domywriting-com-review/ and asked them to write that for me. Worked out perfectly!

If you have been looking for tips to write a good dissertation or just need help with some paragraph or it or with a whole dissertation, check out this https://prime-essay.net/grade-winning-dissertations  You will definitelly get help with any writing.