Erasmus Mundus

Hi I just graduated three months ago from Delhi College of Engg and am working with one of the biggest FMCG company in supply chain. I was planning to go for an MBA after a good work experience. However, the huge cost involved made me think a…

Hi

I just graduated three months ago from Delhi College of Engg and am working with one of the biggest FMCG company in supply chain. I was planning to go for an MBA after a good work experience. However, the huge cost involved made me think again. So now , I am contemplating with the idea of applying to business related programs which are available through Erasmus Mundus scholarship scheme. However I am confused whether it would be a good proposition or not??

The Pros for EM prog:
1. If I get through, the prog would be 100% funded.
2. Get to travel to different countries for every semester (I love travelling) and meet new people.
3. Get 3 degrees by doing just one Masters.

The cons:
1. The Universities are not the top ones.
2. The program is not "MBA", it would be something more specialized , more niche.

So in terms of job opportunities, would the Erasmus Mundus masters be good?? Or working for a few more years and then an MBA??

hi,

you got the relevant details. that's good. regarding your questions

you can do masters only in Erasmus mundus program and not the course you want. make sure your interests matches with the programme they are offering. i think you will be doing this course in europe, and i heard from many people that Europe is not good option for MBA related course. (but it is recognized in Europe, as u might understand) if you do MBA in Europe , you must learn one of the European languages to get job there. In europe companies select people for MBA related positions only if you have experience. so what you can do is continue with work, you get familiar with yourself, career goals, and other things after that apply.. it is not important that you settle first but settle best. dont worry about the title MBA, MA it doesn't matter. much luck.