EPGP Aspirants, Class of 2010-2011

Hi Everyone, We are current students of EPGP-09010, we are starting this thread to answer your queries regarding the admission process, life @ iimb and any other relevant query. Pl. feel free to post your queries. Admission process will mos…

Hi Everyone,

We are current students of EPGP-09010, we are starting this thread to answer your queries regarding the admission process, life @ iimb and any other relevant query. Pl. feel free to post your queries.
Admission process will most likely start by the early next month.

Cheers !

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply this year. Can anyone go through my profile and advice me if I have a good chance or not.

I am IIT Kanpur BTECH passout and have around 8 years experience which includes 3 years in europe(Germany)(worked for Largest steel industry in colloboration with one of the most reputed research center in Europe) in their simulation software department- Started as an Asscociate and then individually handled the work including interaction with client, requirement analysis and was involved in all Tech discussions with client). In europe I was not in IT . Worked for 2.5 years in India in IT industry with all CMM level 5 companies and held positions of Tech Lead and Project Lead.Frequently visited US during this 2.5 years on B1 visa to client locations for requirement discussions. Currently working in US since last 2 years as Tech Lead as a full time employee of a major US wireless company.

Xth- 90%
Xiith-93%
Btech 6.0/10 CGPA (bit concerned about low CGPA)

I have worked in my 8 year career in Europe, India and currently in US.
Right now I am aiming at 1 year Executive MBA program from top Indian Bschools like IIMB.
My main reason to do an executive MBA is to move up the ladder and would like to view things from a business perspective. Till Now I have been working mainly on Technical aspects of a product( which includes leading a team ) but now I would like to look at that product from a business perspective.
It will be great if you can spend a few minutes and weigh my chances.
Also what is the application deadline for 2010-2011 batch. I have my GMAT scheduled for mid July.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Sumit Jain

Sumit,
Overall your profile looks quite decent.
Just a friendly advice don't unnecessarily worry about whether you have a chance on not. If you are interested in doing MBA and convinced that IIMB EPGP or for the matter of fact any program suits your future goals, just go and give your best shot. Leave a little rest on probability(probability sounds little better than luck).
ATB.
~Kapil
Hi guys,

I am planning to apply this year. Can anyone go through my profile and advice me if I have a good chance or not.

I am IIT Kanpur BTECH passout and have around 8 years experience which includes 3 years in europe(Germany)(worked for Largest steel industry in colloboration with one of the most reputed research center in Europe) in their simulation software department- Started as an Asscociate and then individually handled the work including interaction with client, requirement analysis and was involved in all Tech discussions with client). In europe I was not in IT . Worked for 2.5 years in India in IT industry with all CMM level 5 companies and held positions of Tech Lead and Project Lead.Frequently visited US during this 2.5 years on B1 visa to client locations for requirement discussions. Currently working in US since last 2 years as Tech Lead as a full time employee of a major US wireless company.

Xth- 90%
Xiith-93%
Btech 6.0/10 CGPA (bit concerned about low CGPA)

I have worked in my 8 year career in Europe, India and currently in US.
Right now I am aiming at 1 year Executive MBA program from top Indian Bschools like IIMB.
My main reason to do an executive MBA is to move up the ladder and would like to view things from a business perspective. Till Now I have been working mainly on Technical aspects of a product( which includes leading a team ) but now I would like to look at that product from a business perspective.
It will be great if you can spend a few minutes and weigh my chances.
Also what is the application deadline for 2010-2011 batch. I have my GMAT scheduled for mid July.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Sumit Jain

You can refer to IIMB EPGP for blogs on IIMB Life.

Thanks Kapil.
What will be the app deadline for this year.
Will it be same as last year Oct 2009?
One more question- How does IIMB treat candidates who have switched careers from Non IT to IT?
Thanks,
Sumit

Hey Guys,
I am Hasan...from the current batch of EPGP at IIM B....I too would be available along with Kapil A and some other batch mates of mine to answer your queries about getting into IIM B for an EPGP....so feel free to get in touch....

The application process for next year begins from the 1st week of July...possibly 7th Jul...there will be just one round of admissions unlike last year....i am not too sure about the closing date for the application process....will let u guys know in a couple of days....

Dont worry about your profiles and just apply with complete confidence...any info u might need about IIM B we would be there to help u...our Term 2 exams just got over today so u will find a lot of my batch mates on PG...:p...so catch them before the grind for Term 3 begins...

adios....Hasan

hi guys

since iimb looks for 7 years min experience, are there any cases with less 7 years full time work ex..i will be completing 6.5 years by dec 2009

hi guys

since iimb looks for 7 years min experience, are there any cases with less 7 years full time work ex..i will be completing 6.5 years by dec 2009

Hi Amar,
7 years is 'THE' criteria for the admissions....there is no one in the current batch with less than 7 years as on the course start date...u shud be completing atleast 7 years when the course begins....i will still check with the EPGP office and confirm...

Hasan

Along the same line, are there people in the current batch with masters degree and less than the 7 years work experience?

RS

hi guys

Thanks Kapil.
What will be the app deadline for this year.
Will it be same as last year Oct 2009?
One more question- How does IIMB treat candidates who have switched careers from Non IT to IT?
Thanks,
Sumit

sumit, As per my experiences from R1 there is no advantage or disadvantage either way.
Along the same line, are there people in the current batch with masters degree and less than the 7 years work experience?

RS

7 year is minimum exp. irrespective of one's degree.
Thanks Kapil.

How satisfied are you with IIMB EPGP, given that it is a new programme without a dedicated infrastructure, unlike the case with IIMA or ISB?
How about academics? Are you guys happy with the quality of the academic experience?
Has IIMB EPGP been able to meet the expectations you guys had before joining the programme?

What about placements?
Given that you guys have such a high average work experience, given the current job market conditions, aren't things going to be difficult?

Nothing1954, Good to see you back.
I think it's a misconception that we don't have a dedicated infra. EPGP has its own admin office and a separate placement office with dedicated staff. On academic side as well Program chair has handpicked better of the faculty for EPGP.
Placements we will get to know.

Sorry, I am not able to give details. At airport and running out of battery

Hi,

I am aspiring for EPGP for 2010-2011 batch. Here's my profile:-

1) 10+ yrs exp in the industry (1.5 yrs Manufacturing + 8.5+ IT)
2) Highest degree Masters in Science (MS) from USA
3) BTech from UP state Engg College
4) Acads:-
a) CGPA 3.75/4.00
b) BTech 72.4 %
c) XII- 78.7%
d) X- 77.5%
e) GMAT 630
5) Lots of extra cirr. activities (like house captain, cricket captain, Diversity Lead while in US both studying and working there)

Please suggest if with this profiel, I stand a chance to get the i/v call or need to give GMAT again?

Thanks & Regards
rin_ekt

Can any body please suggest on my profile?

Hi rin_ekt,

You have a good workex complimented with strong extra curricular activities. You stand a good chance but my only concern is you will be competing in the IT pool. Currently, 50% of our class belongs to IT but from the admission perspective it is by far the most competitive pool. Considering you are in the IT pool; your GMAT score, current average is 705, seems to be on the lower side. But again you can compensate for the lower GMAT score with your acedemic and extracuricular achievements.

Best of Luck !

Thanks
Suminder

Friends,

Admission process for EPGP-II has started. Please visit IIMB website for details.

Best of Luck.

Best Regards
Kapil

Thanks Suminder...I will try my luck this time...if can't get admissions this time...will retake the GMAT for the next batch

Hi Kapil,

What is the lowest GMAT score for the current batch? Is there any arrangement with banks for study loan without collateral security? In case there is, what is the maximum amount one can avail?

B/Rgds,

alpha.scorpion

Friends,

Admission process for EPGP-II has started. Please visit IIMB website for details.

Best of Luck.

Best Regards
Kapil
Hi Kapil,

What is the lowest GMAT score for the current batch? Is there any arrangement with banks for study loan without collateral security? In case there is, what is the maximum amount one can avail?

B/Rgds,

alpha.scorpion

Lowest GMAT score was 590.

Yes we had arrangements with SBI and HSBC and Syndicate Bank for collateral free loan. Limit was 20L for syndicate bank and HSBC and was 15L for SBI.