ePGDM (2 Years) IIM Kozhikode

Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (ePGP) >> Introduction The Executive Post Graduate Programme (ePGP) in Management is a two year post graduate diploma programme offered on the Interactive Distance Learning platform. It is a co…

Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (ePGP)
>> Introduction
The Executive Post Graduate Programme (ePGP) in Management is a two year post graduate diploma programme offered on the Interactive Distance Learning platform. It is a combination of General Management and Dual Specializations. A first of its kind to be offered in the Asia Pacific region, the objective of the programme is to impart management education to working professionals desirous to develop their career and seeking skills and strategies to take their organizations to the next level.
As an individual grows in an organization, each higher step on his career ladder requires him to have qualifications and skills that commensurate to the role he is assigned. The programme attempts to fulfill the demands of the Indian Corporate for continued training and development of its executive workforce by offering a wide spectrum of courses encompassing all functional areas of management.
The course with over 800 classroom instruction hours provides the participants with skills for leadership in the knowledge economy through an innovative curriculum. The student will have to complete one year general management and choose to undertake any two of the given specializations to successfully complete the ePGP.
During the first year, the programme curriculum focuses on equipping the participants:

with an inside look at each main functional area, its purpose and role
with the ability to understand the economic and regulatory trends
learn various analytical tools and techniques that can give deeper insights in to business
with the ability to take a big picture approach quintessential for senior managers

In the second year each participant will have the choice to specialize in two functional areas from Marketing, Finance, Strategy and Operations Management.
>> Diploma to be Awarded
Participants of the ePGP, on successful completion of the programme, would be awarded the title 'Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management' (ePGDM) by IIMK.
>> Eligibility
The programme is open to all graduates/CA/ICWA having at least 5 years of work experience.
The participants of these programmes form an interesting mix of working professionals ranging from Executive Vice President to Executives from varied backgrounds like IT, Human Resources, Marketing, Banking, Financial Services and Manufacturing. The level of interaction witnessed during the past batches has been quite exceptional and encouraging, thereby indicating the effectiveness of this technology to enhance peer-to-peer learning, considered to be the core feature of any conventional classroom based learning programme. This has enabled them to advance in their careers by way of promotions and better jobs in areas of their interest.
>> Admission Requirements
Admission to the programme comprises two stages. In the first stage all aspirants have to appear in executive Management Aptitude Test (eMAT) designed by IIMK. In the second stage successful applicants have to appear in an on-line Personal Interview.
Appearance at the eMAT is compulsory for all the applicants except those who were already awarded 'Post Graduate Certificate in Management' by IIMK. For successful participants of eMEP/PGCPM, admission is based on their application, performance in eMEP, and a Personal Interview, if required
>> Programme Duration & Structure
The programme would be of two years duration and is structured into two components:
In-Campus Component
The in-campus programme is held at the beginning of each term. The in-campus modules provide participants an orientation towards case based learning, foundation to analytical thinking and orients them to the learning culture of IIMK.
Interactive Onsite Learning Component
This component forms the core of the Programme and covers fundamental, competency related and integrative courses
>> Course Schedule
Tuesday - 6:45 pm to 9:45 pm
Saturday - 6:45 pm to 9:45 pm
Sunday - 3:30 pm to 6:30pm
>> Course Detail
Year 1: : General Management Module (One Campus Visit with each Term) 450 hours
Spread over a year, it covers 27 courses, structured in two terms. Fourteen courses are offered in the first term and the remaining 13 courses are offered in the second term. They are meant to impart management knowledge and skills to the participants covering the latest concepts and techniques in various functional areas of business and management. Faculty from IIMK and distinguished visiting faculty from reputed academic institutions and industry handle these courses
Term I

Quantitative Methods I
Foundations in Management
Management Accounting I
Quantitative Methods II
Quantitative Methods III
Managerial Economics
Managerial Communications
Operations Management
Environmental Management
Marketing Management
Corporate Strategy
OB I
Financial Management I
Corporate Information Management

Term II

Contemporary Issues in Management
Management Accounting II
Supply chain Management
OB II
Business Law
Economic Environment
HRM
Quality Management
Marketing Research
e-Business
International Business
Financial Management II
Management Control System
Year 2: Dual Specialization Module 360 hours

Students would have to choose any 2 of the 4 given specializations Operations Management , Strategic Management , Marketing and Finance. Students will have to choose their specialization at the time of admission.
>> Pedagogy
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage the use of technology. It will consist of a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes and assignments.
Please refer to the Programme Handbook for more details on Programme Requirements
>> Course Requirements & Evaluation
Participants are evaluated on a continuous basis for all the courses. A mix of evaluation elements would vary from course to course. Each course would have a written examination.
Please refer to the Programme Handbook for more details on Course Requirements
>> Programme Fees
All fees payable directly to Indian Institute of Management Khozikode
Year 1Year 2Application FeeRs. 1500/- -Programme FeesRs. 215000/-Rs. 214000/-Books, Study Materials, Exam FeesRs. 34000/-Rs. 34000/-Total FeeRs. 249000/-Rs. 248000/-
The fees do not include the expenses of travel and stay in Kozhikode for the compulsory modules conducted at the IIMK campus in Kozhikode for one week each during each term.
The fees can be paid in the following schedule:
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
11th Sep 2009
November 2009
February 2010May 2010August 2010November 2010Rs. 90000/-Rs. 70000/-Rs. 70000/-Rs. 70000/-Rs. 70000/-Rs. 59000/-
Books/Study Materials Fee + Exam Fees not included in the above installment and may be charged in installments
Mode of Payment
Through Demand Draft in favour of Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, payable at Calicut
Please write your name at the back of the DD
>> Important Dates
Last Date for Submitting Completed Applications 23rd June 2009

Admission Test - eMAT 5th July 2009

Online Interviews 25th July 2009 - 8th August 2009

Enrolment and Payment of Fees 11th September 2009

Programme Commences on 21st September 2009

>> How to Apply
To apply, please visit Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode. Download the application from the website.
Carefully fill it up and with the required documents: send the application along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,500/- in favour Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode payable at Calicut.
Envelope with the Application Form should be super scribed with 'IIMK - EPGP' and sent to:
IIMK IDL Center,
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode Campus P O
Kozhikode 673 570, Kerala, India
IIMK reserve the right to foreclose applications depending upon exhaustion of seats.
o Originals of mark sheets/certificates etc may not be submitted.
o Applicants will be required to show these whenever necessary.
o If any information submitted by the applicants is not found to be true then and if they are selected and join the programme, then they will be summarily asked to leave the programme.
o The application will be rejected in the absence of any of the above documents.
Please Note
o All the forms should reach IDL Centre, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode by 4 PM on or before the last date
of application.
o Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
o Delay in bank loans etc will be individual's responsibility and no delay will be accepted on this account by the Institute
o No batch change is allowed under any circumstances and Institutes decision will be final in this regard.
o Any delay in reaching the forms due to postal or any other reasons will be individual's responsibility
o Other rules & regulations are part of the application form and are binding on the student

Hello Folks ,

Opening a thread for the Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (ePGP) . This is the I batch of ePGP , and the admission results are announced .Request folks seeking admission to put in their thoughts on the program and how can we benefit from the course.

Regards,
Pratul

Hi,

Yesterday I received the admission letter from IIM-K.
I am from Pune, just wanted to check if anyone from Pune is going to IIM-K on 21-Sep.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Can you please help me in understanding the benefits of the program .
Is the program worth the money and effort spend.
is IDL mode of IIM K widely accepted by the industry ,
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Pratul

Hi,

Pl share your thoughts on this program. How much does it have in the industry. Is it recognised widely. Is it worth spending 5L on the course. Agreed that IIMK will not provide placement, but will the industry give due recognition if someone tries on his own to get placed.

Regards
- Chinmay

Hi All

At least I got some good responses from some eMEP students.

This is only program which offers a PG Diploma among the other similar programmes from XLRI and IIMC. Others provide just a certification.

Considering IIM, I would expect the course to be good, only perhaps the fees is a little high.

Do others have anything to share?

hi...

Can u pls tell me what the exam format is like?
wrt the number of sections , questions/ section and difficulty level..

is it of the same difficulty level as CAT?

Hi Gaurav,

I work currently as an analyst in a leading global HR BPO and consultancy with 5 plus years of experience. I know there are no placements for this course but does industry give weightage to this course while hiring? Since you are doing this course, would like to know what has your experience been? Do you think doing this course can significantly improve ones career prospects?

Thanks

Hi Gaurav,

I work currently as an analyst in a leading global HR BPO and consultancy with 5 plus years of experience. I know there are no placements for this course but does industry give weightage to this course while hiring? Since you are doing this course, would like to know what has your experience been? Do you think doing this course can significantly improve ones career prospects?

Thanks

Hi,

Yesterday I received the admission letter from IIM-K.
I am from Pune, just wanted to check if anyone from Pune is going to IIM-K on 21-Sep.

Thanks,
Gaurav

I am optimistic that lesser people know difference b/w other certifications programs and this program within one year hence its better to cash at beginning. I would like to know the format or any idea about the entrance exam conducted by iim for this. can any one do me the favour?

hyc8d249 Says
I am optimistic that lesser people know difference b/w other certifications programs and this program within one year hence its better to cash at beginning. I would like to know the format or any idea about the entrance exam conducted by iim for this. can any one do me the favour?

I am based in Bangalore and got the call letter to appear for eMAT the test on Saturday, 11th July @ 1000 AM. Any one here going appear for this, please let me know.
NINE EIGHT FOUR FIVE NINE EIGHT NINE TWO NINE TWO.

Best regards,
Senthil

Can any one tell me about the EPGDM from AIMA offered by hughes education? Is this program good enough to attend? I have 3 years and 4 months of experience.

Hi,

I got admission letter for EPGP3 (2010-12) from IIMK. Looking forward to join this program and hope to meet other participants in IIMK campus for on campus module which is starting on 26th September 2010. Please suggest if anyone else is also joining the program.

Regards,
Kshitij Arya

Hi All,

I am Sharad Gupta. I have got admission to EPGP-03 2010-2012, but haven't recieved the hard copy yet.

Request you all to please let me know the follwoing things:

a) From which date the campus classes of the course will start.

b) For how much amount for the first installment the draft has to be made and in whose favour

c) From which date IDL sessions will be starting

Thanks,

Sharad Gupta