EPGDIB from IIFT though Hughes

Hii room Hope all doing well. i am a working professional from software industry having more then 4 yr working experience. I am plaaning to do an MBA from a reputed intitude and heard about the executive PG diploma program from IIFT delh…

Hii room

Hope all doing well.

i am a working professional from software industry having more then 4 yr working experience. I am plaaning to do an MBA from a reputed intitude and heard about the executive PG diploma program from IIFT delhi through Hughes.

Can anyone please let me know how is this course. is this add any value to my career? Is its really a diploma course or just a certification?

Any feedback will highly appreciated.

Its just a certificate , it adds value but not a substitute for an MBA. Since u want to do an MBA go for it . if not this course is of use.

Anyone applied for the EPGDIB through Hughes?

The closing date was 15 September 2009 and no news from them ever since.
No receipt mail nor any rejection mail.

I got selected for the IIFT EPGDIB through VSAT.
Anyone else out of the 140 members here?

I am from Mumbai.

got selected for the IIFT EPGDIB through VSAT. I am a pure technical guy, but want to switch at managment level. Is this course helpful for me?
guys please help..:banghead:
I am from pune.

got selected for the IIFT EPGDIB through VSAT. I am a pure technical guy, but want to switch at managment level. Is this course helpful for me?
guys please help..:banghead:
I am from pune.

Since this is a specific specialization in International trade and business, it will only help you, if you are looking at a career in International Business.
hsetirritesh Says
Since this is a specific specialization in International trade and business, it will only help you, if you are looking at a career in International Business.

Thanks Ritesh.
I am very much interested in International Business, but my concern is ----- Companies are ready to accept me as a International Business consultant only by completing this course, as a have no past experience in this field ??????
Thanks Ritesh.
I am very much interested in International Business, but my concern is ----- Companies are ready to accept me as a International Business consultant only by completing this course, as a have no past experience in this field ??????

I have no knowledge about the future prospects after completion of this course, neither have I come across anyone who has done this.

I am doing this purely for theoretical knowledge,since I am already working in the field of logistics.

Surely, after completion of this course,companies will consider you as an IB potential, though at what level, is not something I can forecast.

i too got selected in EPGDIB VSAT 09-10 from IIFT an going to join at Thane center Mumbai.... hope to c u guys

I got selected for the PGDIB course from IIFT and planning to join.Is anybody from Bangalore koramangala center?.Please write to me.

I got the below mail from IIFT with reference to the accomodation. Looks like another hole in the pocket. Anyways copying the mail that I received.
Quote:

Dear Participants,
This is with reference to your e-mails regarding the booking of accommodation during campus classes from 14th 19th December 2009 for attending the classes of first term of EPGDIB (thru VSAT) 2009 2010 programme.
As it would not be possible for us to arrange the accommodation in IIFT Hostel, we got in touch with some of the nearest Hotels & Guest Houses. Finally we have got the excellent property at Gurgaon by the name of Hotel Smart Villa.
SMART VILLA Hotel is ideally located at M11A/1 & 6 adjacent to DLF Square Building, Phase-II, Gurgaon, at National Highway 8. Hotel is 10 kms away from the airport and is close to the most happening malls and multiplexes at Gurgaon.

They are offering us very special package for this bookings:-
Rs. 2800/- net per day (twin sharing basis- Rs.1400/- per day per participants) inclusive of bed tea, brake fast, pick up & drop at IIFT.
Their facilities at a glance are: -

108 air conditioned deluxe & super Deluxe Rooms
24 hr room services
100% power back up with silent genset
In-house catering
Mini bar Colour TV with multi channel
WI-FI Connectivity in all rooms (Complimentary)
Direct dial STD/ISD in all rooms
FAX and INTERNET service
Same day Laundry service
24 hours Transport and travel related service
Doctor on call
Arrange for airport pickup & drop/railway station pickup & drop, at very reasonable rates
Hotel Smart Villa
M11A/1, DLF City, Phase-II,
(Behind DLF Square Building), Gurgaon
Tel 0124- 4015141, 42, 43

1. E-mail:- hotelsmartvilla@ gmail.com
    Visit us at www.hotelsmartvilla.com
    wrong www details.

If you are interested in SMART VILLA Hotel, kindly send your confirmation for booking of room latest by 5th December 2009 thru return email so that we will book the room for you at Smart Villa Hotel at Gurgaon. Please also indicate your schedule of arrival & departure.
They can also make the arrangements for pickup & drop from railway station/airport at very reasonable rates, if informed in advance.

: Unquote

I have confirmed my stay here. I have asked for the end time on 19th Dec. so as to decide whether to book return journey on 19th evening or 20th morning.
I got the below mail from IIFT with reference to the accomodation. Looks like another hole in the pocket. Anyways copying the mail that I received.
Quote:

Dear Participants,
This is with reference to your e-mails regarding the booking of accommodation during campus classes from 14th 19th December 2009 for attending the classes of first term of EPGDIB (thru VSAT) 2009 2010 programme.
As it would not be possible for us to arrange the accommodation in IIFT Hostel, we got in touch with some of the nearest Hotels & Guest Houses. Finally we have got the excellent property at Gurgaon by the name of Hotel Smart Villa.
SMART VILLA Hotel is ideally located at M11A/1 & 6 adjacent to DLF Square Building, Phase-II, Gurgaon, at National Highway 8. Hotel is 10 kms away from the airport and is close to the most happening malls and multiplexes at Gurgaon.

They are offering us very special package for this bookings:-
Rs. 2800/- net per day (twin sharing basis- Rs.1400/- per day per participants) inclusive of bed tea, brake fast, pick up & drop at IIFT.
Their facilities at a glance are: -

108 air conditioned deluxe & super Deluxe Rooms
24 hr room services
100% power back up with silent genset
In-house catering
Mini bar Colour TV with multi channel
WI-FI Connectivity in all rooms (Complimentary)
Direct dial STD/ISD in all rooms
FAX and INTERNET service
Same day Laundry service
24 hours Transport and travel related service
Doctor on call
Arrange for airport pickup & drop/railway station pickup & drop, at very reasonable rates
Hotel Smart Villa
M11A/1, DLF City, Phase-II,
(Behind DLF Square Building), Gurgaon
Tel 0124- 4015141, 42, 43

1. E-mail:- hotelsmartvilla@ gmail.com
    Visit us at www.hotelsmartvilla.com
    wrong www details.

If you are interested in SMART VILLA Hotel, kindly send your confirmation for booking of room latest by 5th December 2009 thru return email so that we will book the room for you at Smart Villa Hotel at Gurgaon. Please also indicate your schedule of arrival & departure.
They can also make the arrangements for pickup & drop from railway station/airport at very reasonable rates, if informed in advance.

: Unquote

I have confirmed my stay here. I have asked for the end time on 19th Dec. so as to decide whether to book return journey on 19th evening or 20th morning.

Dude this is a waste of your time & money. I suggest looking at part time from reputed schools. The Part time of JBIMS isnt bad at all
dsouzahit Says
Dude this is a waste of your time & money. I suggest looking at part time from reputed schools. The Part time of JBIMS isnt bad at all

So you are trying to say that IIFT is not a good school? What if I want to waste my time and money?

If you think a course from IIFT can be comparable to one from JBIMS, then I see no reason why anyone would even consider your views.
Both are offering different kind of courses.

The History, Geography , Civics that I learnt in school was also a waste of time and money at that point of time, but today it does help in some way or the other, consciously or sub-consciously.
So no education is a waste of time.

FYI, I own an International Logistics business and this course is surely a value addition for me.
So you are trying to say that IIFT is not a good school? What if I want to waste my time and money?

If you think a course from IIFT can be comparable to one from JBIMS, then I see no reason why anyone would even consider your views.
Both are offering different kind of courses.

The History, Geography , Civics that I learnt in school was also a waste of time and money at that point of time, but today it does help in some way or the other, consciously or sub-consciously.
So no education is a waste of time.

FYI, I own an International Logistics business and this course is surely a value addition for me.

Dude, I am not against doing IIFT. I am against doing IIFT through Hughes.
dsouzahit Says

Hey anyone need a partner for the stay during the campus visit starting from 14th to 19th DEC .... Amitesh Here.....

Hi,I have also booked the smartvilla.May be after reaching IIFT we can meet and share the room - Raja

Does anyone have a confirmation from iift/hughes for the hotel smart villa stay?
There is no correspondence regarding time ( I think 9 am) or place of registration, etc.

Does anyone have a confirmation from iift/hughes for the hotel smart villa stay?
There is no correspondence regarding time ( I think 9 am) or place of registration, etc.

There was a email from Hughes about a technical orientation program,belwo the copy of the same.But I couldn't attend and not sure what is that about.Did any of you attended that and can you let me know what is that about?

"Dear All,

This is to inform you that the Technical Orientation of EPGDIB-02 is scheduled to be on Monday 7th Dec09 from 6:30 pm 8:30 pm.

-Raja

Raj200> I attended the orientation. It was just about ,how the online classes would be held and how hughes would support, etc etc. Nothing much you missed there.

I am from Mumbai and flying to Delhi on 14 Dec. morning 6 am flight. What about you?