Entrepreneur after IIM.

I want to be an entrepreneur. I tried my hands on it after my engineering but with no success. Result is that today I have a history of starting and shutting down 2 companies in the past 2 years since I graduated. Now that I will be going for MBA …

I want to be an entrepreneur. I tried my hands on it after my engineering but with no success. Result is that today I have a history of starting and shutting down 2 companies in the past 2 years since I graduated. Now that I will be going for MBA (provided I convert my call) I am a bit confused of how to pursuit my goal after MBA. The main causes of confusion are due to the following reasons ;-

1. Given that after MBA I will be in a debt of 20 laks.
2. I want to start my own company with its HQ in Jaipur ( my hometown).
3. If I take up a job after MBA I fear that I will be stuck to it for the rest of my life as already I am 25 right now and need to get married and settle.

Please can any one advise and help me ?
Also I would be great full if someone shares his success story in this regards.

Hey,

You could have a look at a lot of startup accelerators which have come up in India. Have a look at Kyron, they are doing a fab job at mentoring and helping in establishing your startup.

The issue these days is, most of the people who want to be entrepreneurs don't validate their idea due to which their so called companies don't last long. So its always better to validate your company or the idea before starting off.

Considering that you might be in a debt of 20 lakhs, be very sure of the steps that you take. I am sure you know what your personal SWOT is. So, just be a little careful.

All the best in this Regards. India does need good entrepreneurs and leaders in this field. Hope to find you successful in the coming future.
@Ramboram Congrats on your IIMC convert. So whats your plans now regarding entrepreneurship?

@ahivarn

@Ramboram Congrats on your IIMC convert. So whats your plans now regarding entrepreneurship?

joining IIM A . Will se if CIIE at the campus is able to help me incubate a business model.

Hello Ramboram. I'm an IIM Bangalore alum (2005-07). Running my first start-up now, Let me know if you wish to connect. There are many batchmates of mine who have started up or are starting up.

I joined PG today, looking for B school students who want to do something :).

Hey Ramboram,

Congrats on your IIM-A convert. Amazing entrepreneurs have passed out of IIM-A.
Am sure you must be following yourstory.in and nextbigwhat.com

Lets hope to see you in some of the entrepreneur meets across India.