English Prep for SBI+Nationalized bank PO.... according to recent trends

Post here high level verbal ability questions only according to recent trends of bank po

1. It is often said that good actors can get out of a play more than the author has put into it.

A. A good actor, bringing to a part his own talent, often gives it a value that the layman on reading the play had not seen in it, but at the utmost he can do no more than reach the ideal that the author has seen in his mind’s eye.

B. In all my plays I have been fortunate enough to have some of the parts acted as I wanted; but in none have I had all the parts so acted.

C. That is not true.

D. He has to be an actor of address to do this; for the most part the author has to be satisfied with an approximation of the performance he visualized.

6. This is obviously inevitable, for the actor who is suited to a certain role may well be engaged and you have to put up with the second or third best, because there is no help for it.

(a) BACD (b) DACB (c) CADB (d) DCBA

Being (A) a short holiday (B) we had to return (C) without visiting many of the places (D)

151-155:Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions. (A) Yet, it was no doubt underwhelming from the largest contingent of Indian athletes at the Olympics ever.  (B) When India won six medals at the 2012 London Olympics, it was considered a watershed moment. (C) Four years hence, on the back of heightened expectations and hopes of a double-digit tally, how should a return of two medals from the Rio Olympics be assessed?  (D) The performance was expected to provide a springboard for future successes. (E) An outright dismissal signifying a certain regression may be too simplistic, for there were a few near-misses — Dipa Karmakar and Abhinav Bindra both finishing fourth, Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna losing the bronze medal match, the women’s archery team coming close, and men’s hockey showing substantial improvement.  (F) The significance of this accomplishment lay in the fact that until then the country had earned a sum total of just seven individual medals.

Is there any separate thread for computer section? 

Pls do post computer questions here https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ibps-cwe-vi-computer-awareness-46939153 as it ll be useful for preparation. 

I bade him (1)/ to submit all the important documents (2)/ before he left (3)/ for the meeting.(4)/ No error (5).

(a) Some serious complaints of theft/ (b) have been made against the new manager /(c) and they needs to be looked into seriously by the management./ (d) No error 

(a) Artificially sweetened drinks/ (b) poses a serious heal th /(c) threat to children./ (d) No error 

(a) Everyone of the films/ (b) you suggested/ (c) are not worth seeing./ (d) No error 

(a) The teacher as well as his students are injured in /(b) the accident which occurred last night /(c)near the bus stand./(d) No error 

Question 56 In the following question, four sentences are given that may/may not have error(s). Find out the sentence that has an error. If all the sentences are free from error, select option (e) all correct as your answer. (A) Kunming is known fondly to its two million inhabitants as the City of Eternal Spring. ( B) More than 97% of all the water on earth is in the oceans, so finding new usage for salt water has huge potential. ( C) Let go of the ego and talk to more people, build good relations with people. ( D) In late 1991, four young condor were flown by helicopter to a high ridge in a sanctuary. ( E) All correct

FIND ERROR

The scenery of Kerala _  very charming

• is
  • are
  • has
  • will be

0 voters

Find Error

Water _ necessity

• has been
  • is
  • are
  • will be

0 voters

Can anyone tell me from where I can prepare my verbal error detection and correction of all types for bank po?