Engineers for counselling ??

Hi ppl … I know many ppl who r engineers (or frm technical background) and wish to do some counselling work as a part time hobby (some ultimately make it full time too :astonished: !!). But as is oft heard, a degree in psychological counselli…

Hi ppl ..
I know many ppl who r engineers (or frm technical background) and wish to do some counselling work as a part time hobby (some ultimately make it full time too 😲 !!). But as is oft heard, a degree in psychological counselling (or similar courses frm arts stream) is required as a first step to get started in this field.

Jus wanted to know frm u ppl if someone has more details or comments on the same. Also, posts frm ppl who r involved in any counselling work or such community service r most welcome.

Thanx,
Rohit

HI frend
this is sachin... Im a engineer presently working in wipro technologies and have given CAT twice and will be giving it again this time and i optimistic to crack CAT this time....
I'm looking for some community service/counselling in bangalore.
Im available for counselling if anybody needs it as i was involved with all this in my college level. so do revert
apka apna sachin

Hi ppl ..
I know many ppl who r engineers (or frm technical background) and wish to do some counselling work as a part time hobby (some ultimately make it full time too 😲 !!). But as is oft heard, a degree in psychological counselling (or similar courses frm arts stream) is required as a first step to get started in this field.

Jus wanted to know frm u ppl if someone has more details or comments on the same. Also, posts frm ppl who r involved in any counselling work or such community service r most welcome.

Thanx,
Rohit

Catabull.... What is this... engineers.. & counselling... what kind of counselling are u talking about????

Simbaaaa
I'm looking for some community service/counselling in bangalore.
Im available for counselling if anybody needs it as i was involved with all this in my college level. so do revert
apka apna sachin

Sachin.. not really sure what u are talking about.. but if u are ref to community service at Bangalore... U can check this thread for more details.... 😃

http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=3345
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/happy-birthday-lucky-ali-25003902

Simbaaaa
:
can someone clarify what kind of counselling is being talked about here?
i am from the engineering background and would be glad to help...
:

hi,i m doing my engg.
and am in final sem
though i have also cleared cat with 95.53 prcentile.
also i hv got thru 2 lbsim.i would be glad to help and do wat i can.
plz explain wat is this all abt.
rahul

if u are essentially saying that you like councilling or people who like councilling etc and would like to make out a career of the same then would recommend them to take a course in HR, pschycology etc.

If you are interested in making a group for councilling for engineers or something similar, then please be more specific

wht type of counselling r u talking abt? well if u really want to be in this counselling field , then i guess u shld form some sought of a community of engineers where they can help out fresh graduates (technical graduates )who after getting out of college r quite disturbed on finding themselves on road without no job in hand , so even if some yrs back they had dreamt of being in top b-schools of india , there dreams get shattered when after 4th yr they find themselves being tagged as "engineer but still sitting idle".so tht dumps their aim of getting into a top b-school , n then they decide to go for a job hunt n get settle down with any job n after they rinto job ,their once upon a time aim becomes a history in most of the case cuz many of them find it diff to continue their cat preps with the job. so the best thing u can do is open such a centre which can guide the fresh graduates for nt going for the temporary happiness of gettign a technical job anywhere just for having the job sake thing in their life ,instead of it motivating them , for chasing their dreams n in believing the line "will get it no matter wht".so this way u won't be needing a degree in psychological counselling n ur wish for doing counselling will be fullfilled .
Hi ppl ..

Thanx,
Rohit

can somebody tll me what kind o counselling r u talkin about myself in 3 rd year mech engg.