Engineering Management anyone?

Hi, I just got an admission into Case Western Reserve University’s Master of Engineering Management Program :: :: . This came as a sigh of relief after the CAT debacle:neutral: . I am sure both the university and the course are new for mo…

Hi,

I just got an admission into Case Western Reserve University's Master of Engineering Management Program . This came as a sigh of relief after the CAT debacle:neutral: . I am sure both the university and the course are new for most of the people .

For beginners, CWRU's business school is listed in Financial Times 2005 in global top 50. Also CWRU's engineering school is ranked 40 in US News 2007 rankings. So I am not complaining about CAT.

The course is mainly focused on technology entrepreneurship. It's a one year program and I think I got an admit due to high GRE score and extracurriculars. By the way placements are decent with companies like Accenture, IBM, Newell rubber, Ford, Texaco, Seagate etc. recruiting students managerial roles.

Does anyone have an idea about this program or MEM programs in general. Please reply. Right now, I am thinking of finishing this program in 1 year, work for 4 years and then do a 1 year MBA. What say?

I am also waiting for a reply from Dartmouth for the same program and University of Illinois @ champaign for Masters in HR:satisfie: .

best regards,
vijay k