Emory (Goizueta) applicants-- 2009

Hi all, I am starting this thread for applicants to Goizueta Business School, Eory University. I know there is an excellent thread on Emory Students taking questions. But let thread be there for official gyan… Let us discuss our intervie…

Hi all,
I am starting this thread for applicants to Goizueta Business School, Eory University.

I know there is an excellent thread on Emory Students taking questions. But let thread be there for official gyan.. Let us discuss our interview experience and apping process on this thread..

~SS

Hey...

did any of you get an interview invite yet??

Aggy

Hey...

did any of you get an interview invite yet??

Aggy

Yup.. Got an invite for an interview with the adcom.
The interview is scheduled for this Saturday in Delhi :angel:

I have an interview on 4th of December at Hyderabad. Finished my application and submitted it as well

My interview is on 2nd Dec at Mumbai.

riturajesi Says
My interview is on 2nd Dec at Mumbai.

Have u completed ur application?

Yeah ..But then There is also a fast track mechanism where they call prospective students based on their Score and Resume. Couple of my friends got an interview call like that ..

Does the interview need to be completed within the stipulated round deadline?

nvivek81 Says
Does the interview need to be completed within the stipulated round deadline?

AFAIK, unless you schedule an interview at an admissions event or at campus, the interviews r by invitation only. So i don't really think that you shud worry abt completing interview by a particular deadline..

Also, with the concept of rolling admissions that Emory follows, the deadlines r not that stringent... The deadlines mentioned r mostly for indicative purposes so that applicants have an idea regarding when they should expect to hear from the adcom once they submit their appss..
Ppl can apply and get admits even the last deadline mentioned!!
AFAIK, unless you schedule an interview at an admissions event or at campus, the interviews r by invitation only. So i don't really think that you shud worry abt completing interview by a particular deadline..

Also, with the concept of rolling admissions that Emory follows, the deadlines r not that stringent... The deadlines mentioned r mostly for indicative purposes so that applicants have an idea regarding when they should expect to hear from the adcom once they submit their appss..
Ppl can apply and get admits even the last deadline mentioned!!

thanks quizophobic for the info.
Just got this mail from Emory.. Probably a sign of 'ding'!

Greetings from Goizueta Business School!
We received your request for an interview in Bangalore on 12/6/2008. As you know the availability of in-person interviews in India is limited and you were not selected at this time for an interview. You will automatically be placed in consideration for a telephone interview after your application has been submitted and reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

We look forward to reviewing your application.

Sincerely,

MBA Admissions Committee
Goizueta Business School
Emory University
Just got this mail from Emory.. Probably a sign of 'ding'!

Not actually..
It's only natural that many ppl r going to reuest this interview and with half of the day occupied with teh MBA fair, they have just another half a day to accommodate as many applicants as possible.. (maximum 15-20 in a city i guess)

So it's just that they hav got all the slots filled by the time they saw ur request. Also the slots r being filed on basis of ur resume n GMAT scores.. If u feel that u hav compelling stories, they go only in ur apps..

So go ahead n apply!!:angel:
Gud luck!!
Not actually..
It's only natural that many ppl r going to reuest this interview and with half of the day occupied with teh MBA fair, they have just another half a day to accommodate as many applicants as possible.. (maximum 15-20 in a city i guess)

So it's just that they hav got all the slots filled by the time they saw ur request. Also the slots r being filed on basis of ur resume n GMAT scores.. If u feel that u hav compelling stories, they go only in ur apps..

So go ahead n apply!!:angel:
Gud luck!!

Well.. I already applied in R1. 😃

All those, who had scheduled the interview, must have got the mail.. But for the benefit of others,who have not got the update yet:

In wake of recent updates in Mumbai, Adcom has suspended its trip to India..

All those, who had scheduled the interview, must have got the mail.. But for the benefit of others,who have not got the update yet:

In wake of recent updates in Mumbai, Adcom has suspended its trip to India..

i was supposed to attend the interview in Hyd and got shortlisted. but dint get any mail from the Adcom
nvivek81 Says
i was supposed to attend the interview in Hyd and got shortlisted. but dint get any mail from the Adcom

Okay.. it seems that i generalized Delhi event cancellation mail.. Just called up one of my friends in Hyderabad.. EVen he didn't get any such mail..

I just hope that they don't cancel the india visit and include Delhi in their itinerary once they're done with Hyd..
(Not sure whether they'll include Mumbai though, AFAIK, their venue was supposed to be Taj, the main point of action in the terrorist attacks.)
Okay.. it seems that i generalized Delhi event cancellation mail.. Just called up one of my friends in Hyderabad.. EVen he didn't get any such mail..

I just hope that they don't cancel the india visit and include Delhi in their itinerary once they're done with Hyd..
(Not sure whether they'll include Mumbai though, AFAIK, their venue was supposed to be Taj, the main point of action in the terrorist attacks.)

Does that mean that Hyderabad and Bangalore will have intvs and Delhi and Mumbai will be deprived of the privilege?

Oh is it only for Mumbai and Delhi ? From their mail I thought their entire trip was cancelled !! What if they suddenly come up with a plan of doing Delhi and Mumbai after assessing the situation next week ?

nvivek81 Says
Does that mean that Hyderabad and Bangalore will have intvs and Delhi and Mumbai will be deprived of the privilege?

I feel it simply means that they are taking time to re-assess the situation.. With Delhi event scheduled on Nov29 and Mumbai on Dec1, they didn't have time to reconsider their plans.. Hyd and Bangalore event r on Dec4 and Dec6 respectively.. They still have time to rethink whether or not they want to come to India.

paglakahinka Says
Oh is it only for Mumbai and Delhi ? From their mail I thought their entire trip was cancelled !! What if they suddenly come up with a plan of doing Delhi and Mumbai after assessing the situation next week ?

I really wish that they do so!! Don't want to miss a chance for a f2f interview!