eMEP at IIM Kozhikode

Has anyone done the Executive Management Education Programme (eMEP) from IIM Kozhikode? Its a certificate one year PG Certificate program. It consists of 240 instructional hours through the IDL mode (Interactive Onsite Learning) and 50 hour…

Has anyone done the Executive Management Education Programme (eMEP) from IIM Kozhikode?

Its a certificate one year PG Certificate program. It consists of 240 instructional
hours through the IDL mode (Interactive Onsite Learning) and 50 hours of Direct Classroom Learning at IIMK.

Can somebody provide more info about its usefulness and recognition.
And how different it really is from a distance MBA?

http://www.iimk.ac.in/emep/emep_main.htm
http://www.iimk.ac.in/emep04_brochure.pdf

Veer.

Hi,

I know some people who've done it. It is usually done not for the degree, but more 4 the learning. No placement assistance is given 2 e-MEP students. Most of the people i know who've done the programme had heavy wrkex and were in middle or Snr mgmt already. But it is a hectic programme and not easy 2 pass unlike most long-distance programmes. The class thru video conf idea seems 2 b good - that is the feedback i've got. Hope this helps.

Ravi

Hey Everyone!
m a new joinee to this forum...
even i want to kno about this executive MBA thing and whether other IIMs offer these too and whether they r residential or not???
Please Help Me..
Yash

Hey Everyone!
m a new joinee to this forum...
even i want to kno about this executive MBA thing and whether other IIMs offer these too and whether they r residential or not???
Please Help Me..
Yash

AFAIK IIM blore, cal, XLRI are some of the institutes offering this course...but would like to know how worthwhile it really is.
my understanding is that it is useful only for ppl who are already into some management position where this course will supplement their experience....
can anybody throw some light as to how this compares with a full time course for a person having around 7 years work ex (in software)....

I was at the AUndh Center of HughesNet Global Education (http://www.hnge.com) enquiring about the eMEP program. The intake for the 08-09 batch has not started yet. From what I understand from my peers and accomplices, the program is worth the money spent.
The ROI is not immediate, but it does signal your current/prospective employer about your seriousness towards the career. Since, there is no placement assistance, I'd assume a program like eMEP can help a candidate to understand the fundamentals of Management and apply it to his/her current job role and function.
I plan to appear for the eMEP for the 08-09 batch. Let me tell you guys, its not easy to get into the program. One has to have good reason to pursue this program (SOP), appear for an aptitude test eMAT (executive Management Aptitude Test) and only then you make the cut. The total intake is about 150 candidates and apparently more than 1500 people applied for the 07-08 batch. Eventually the intake was 120 odd and 90 were able to complete the program.

Has anyone done the EXECUTIVE PROGRAM IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
(EPBM - 11)
from IIM Calcutta?

Its a certificate one year PG Certificate program conducted through HughesNet

Can somebody provide more info about its usefulness and recognition.
And how different it really is from a distance MBA?

HughesNet Global Education - Management Programs from premier B-Schools >> Post Graduate programs >>Global Education

Hi Ravi,

Do u know how u can prepare for the eMAT? Is it of the same level as the CAT? Also, do u refer the same bokks as for CAT?

Hi Seniors,

Do any one know about eMEP at IIM Kozhikode?

My friend with 10 years workex wants to do it.

It will be great if you can provide the details of the eMAT exam, type of questions etc.

Thanks,
Devarajan

This is one of the best programs available, provided you have the zeal to study, DO NOT compare these program is other Online Or Distance programs as If you dont study you will not pass, Its a cerification from IIM.

Executive Post Graduate Certificate in Operations Management (EPGCOM)  any leads about this program? It is a one year certification programme from IIM K. Please suggest if I go for it? Or should I do a distance learning Executive MBA from IMT Ghaziabad. Please respond. 

Is the BITS PILANI WILP MBA In Digital Business is good programme to enroll . Pls share your experience

Is the BITS PILANI WILP MBA In Digital Business is good programme to enroll . Pls share your experience