Eller (University of Arizona) Fall 2010

Dear All: This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the ELLER MBA starting FALL 2010. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful. I’ll start with myself:- Profil…

Dear All:

This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the ELLER MBA starting FALL 2010. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful.

I'll start with myself:-

Profile:- 710/4yrs/IT
Decent Acads and Extra curriculars
Average Community Work

Reasons for Choosing Eller :
1) Good IT Concentration.
2) Promising employability prospects - Especially for IT.
3) Decent funding options.
4) The Arizona weather :)

atb !
Varun

Hey arun,

I have got an interview call from Eller this 10th.. Did u apply or are u applying for Eller

Hey arun,

I have got an interview call from Eller this 10th.. Did u apply or are u applying for Eller

I will be apping in R2 dude...Let me know your profile..an ur reasons for choosing eller :)

Varun
I will be apping in R2 dude...Let me know your profile..an ur reasons for choosing eller :)

Varun

Reasons pretty much the same ..660/4.5/4+ in it

Guys got an admit in Eller 😁

aragon@ora Says
Guys got an admit in Eller :D

congrats man ! al d best ! expecting any schol ?

Not sure but as per history of pagal guy I have seen that ppl with my profile got some schol... Also U of A is very generous in awarding schols.... I am expecting to get some schol... Will let u know when the snail mail comes... But the real prob is that I have to accept this admit by Jan 15 and I have couple of results lined up by feb 1 ... Have to lose 500$ if I accept.. I ll decide based on the schol..

Lemme know if u have any issues while completing or apping for Eller.. ATB for the application process...

hey...

i too got an admit in eller... wanted to wait till the decision before i cud post anything....

my profile - 700/5/3.5 yrs in IT/Toefl-117

i got a GA too... any of u guys have any idea regarding how a GA works out in Eller?

And what is it about the deadline to accept the admit? There was nothing on my admit mail that said anything about the deadline. Where did u find the deadline? I'm waiting for Kelley's decision by mid jan.... and Smeal's interview is scheduled for Jan 5th.

@karthik85 Congrats man ... How did you get to know about GA man ? Did u receive the courier that mentioned the details about the GA ? I got the admit but they did not mention about the GA or sth.. Then prob I was not awarded anything 😞 ..

Dead line is Jan 15th man... I think I have mentioned this in my last update... Hmm hope I get some schol .. ATB for ur other apps.

well... they had mentioned in the admit mail that they were offering me a graduate assistantship!

i did see ur post about the Jan 15th deadline.... but what confuses me is where u found the deadline.... cos neither the mail nor the application website has anything about the deadline!!! I have not accepted... and im not sure what to do.... my other apps are not gonna come thru before jan 15th!

@karthik85 I have called Marisa Cox (Dir of Admissions Eller) and she is the source for the information.. Sorry I forgot to mention the Source.. Oh then I dint receive any GA in that case 😞

so... what does a GA mean in Eller?

if its a substantial waiver, i might go for eller.... otherwise i need decide whether to make the initial payment or not!

and dont be too quick in deciding that u didnt get a schol..... previous years posts in this forum suggest that u gotta contact them directly to find out the exact scholarship details... so i wud suggest u call them and talk..... I might myself do that to find the details, as they have mentioned only GA and nothing about the schol in the email.....

@karthik: called the school man they say any schol details will be mentioned in the email and since u dint get one u dint get any information... This is bad man ... Can you point me to the links of prev eller posts which say about the contacting of adcom if any schol details are not mentioned... Man this is bad they say 95% of ppl are given funding and I cant see any of this to be true :(.

Hi Guys,

Even i have an admit from eller. I have no info about GA on the mail. But the mail says scholarship details are posted and they asked me for my mailing address. Even i am not sure about the jan 15 deadline. I havent applied much .. but still jan 15 deadline is too short time to decide i guess.. But first let me wait for the letter to arrive..

Congratulation to all who have admits
I was put on waitlist without an interview and i really don't know what that means..havent heard schools putting ppl on w/l for interviews..
any body who can throw some light on this?

@ IIMblacki07 : According to the last year's numbers the following is the case with the wait listed applicants.

Applicants wait-listed during the last admissions cycle: 13
Wait-listed applicants admitted for the semester to which they applied: 7
Source:
University of Arizona: Full-Time MBA Profile ? BusinessWeek

So I see a great chance of you being accepted. Just keep in touch with the adcom and show your interest in the program call them once or twice in a month and inquire. Also send another reco in addition to the two that you have already sent. Probably this should help.

@puys: Did any of the admitted guys get the snail mail ? I did not receive any mail except the mail from usps saying keyshia has requested some post to be sent.

Thanks,
Aragon

Hi guys ,

I received the post sent thru USPS a couple of days back.. No info about schol in that mail.. Anyone received any financial aid info yet?

- Selva

I din't get the mail 😞 ... when I go to the track option of the USPS I find the below message:

"Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
"

I am not sure if the mail got stuck somewhere or they din't post it or sth. Have to call them in the evening. Can any one let me know if they too are facing the same scenario or any pointers of what it could be ?