Eller-Arizona , Rice-Jones ,SMU-Cox or Ut-Dallas ?

Writing my first ever post . Have got admits in Arizona-Eller , Rice-Jones , SMU-Cox and UT-Dallas . Would like to invite the group’s alumni genuine opinions.

Writing my first ever post .
Have got admits in Arizona-Eller , Rice-Jones , SMU-Cox and UT-Dallas .
Would like to invite the group's alumni genuine opinions.

Hi pan06,

Atlast I found somebody talking about Eller.

I also have an admit from Eller. And planning to join it. I talked to a lot of students there and everybody said that its a good school with lot of learning. Also the cost of living is very low.

The only downside is since the class size is very small not many(but there are few) companies visit the campus. So one has to be proactive while searching jobs.

The big advantage is the school gives good amount of aid. Recently some alumni have donated $ 1 million for MBA schols.
http://www.eller.arizona.edu/news/2006/03/03_Thomas_R_Brown_Foundation_funds_scholarship_endowment.aspx

Do you have aid? Also tell about your profile.

If money is the biggest consideration UT - Dallas is not a good choice. I enquired about it through a friend and reply was not at all encouraging about the funding scene. Moreover ranked very low.

cheers!
Yogesh

Hey,

I have an admit for SMU Cox. Basically deciding between SMU Cox and Iowa Tippie.

As I see it ranking wise both are equal. Tippie costs half of Cox but Cox's location is better. Kinda confused which to choose. Anybody has any ideas??
Do post

Regards
Shikari

Guys..
I am really sorry to steal ur thread..really apologise.
Just wanted to know..that even after getting an aid..whats the minimum amount of money required to dream about the US MBA (please give the amount in INR)..

I am presently a software engineer..with hardly 8 months of exp....wanted to enquire about the financial things..so that i can prepare myself better...

It would be really helpful if someone can putup a list of B schools...with respect to the scholarship scenario,return of investment and minimum investment required.

Thanks and regards,
Pranay

Hey Pan, Congrats!

I am also applying for eller in the second round (Feb 15 deadline)
GMAT: 660/5.0
TOEFL iBT: 109

Can you help me with some inputs for the "American Expat" essay, don't know really from where to begin...

BTW, what were your scores?