Edinburgh/Nottingham/Lancaster/Manchester

Hello, I would be really glad if you could help me with the choice of university for an MSc Finance/Investment in the UK. I am looking at a long term career in Investment Banking and other related areas including Asset and Risk Managem…

Hello,

I would be really glad if you could help me with the choice of university for an MSc Finance/Investment in the UK.

I am looking at a long term career in Investment Banking and other related
areas including Asset and Risk Management, Investment management, Analysis of capital markets/Financial Services. However I am willing to adapt myself to suit the needs of financial firms/consultancies although this would be my second preference. After the completion of my MSc Finance, I intend to work in an IB before pursuing my MBA Finance or doing my CFA. I am very keen on working in the UK after the completion of the course since the rate of repayment of the loan will be quicker in the UK when compared to India and moreover the IB scene in India is restricted more to the back office work and is only in its developing stages. I wouldn't mind working in South East Asia.

I have received conditional offers from Lancaster, Edinburgh and Nottingham and Manchester.

Ideally I would want the university to have helpful faculty and good links
with the industry resulting in good career opportunities. I would also like the university to have a good brand name.

I am really confused and would be delighted if some one could post the
advantages and disadvantages of the universities and rank them in the order of preference. Thanks

Cheers,
Amaresh

Hi,
Have you sought any admission consultancy such as theChopras etc?
Pls advise
jladip

What information do you require?

The info I was looking at is whether you are consulting any admission consultancy services.... is it worth seeking

You can leave out Lancaster and Nottingham. Choose between Edinburgh and Manchester. Remember, Manchester is good at the MBA level. However, it's not too good for MSc Finance.

On the other hand, Edinburgh will get you a 2 year work permit, a similar reputation in Europe, and a similar quality of teaching.

Did you apply to Cass, Imperial, LSE?