Edinburgh MBA - class of 2010

Hi, I have been waitlisted for Edinburgh MBA. Has anybody else been waitlisted/confirmed for Edinburgh. Please provide inputs about Edinburgh vs Strathclyde vs Glasgow MBA. Waiting to hear from Strath and Glasgow. -Sandeep

Hi,

I have been waitlisted for Edinburgh MBA. Has anybody else been waitlisted/confirmed for Edinburgh. Please provide inputs about Edinburgh vs Strathclyde vs Glasgow MBA. Waiting to hear from Strath and Glasgow.

-Sandeep

Hi,

I have got an admit too
Do u have any inputs wrt scholarships?

Hi Karthik,

Can you please post your profile........and let us know what is the median gmat score fo this school.

Cheers,
F

Hi Karthik,

Can you please post your profile........and let us know what is the median gmat score fo this school.

Cheers,
F

I am not sure about the median GMAT score but I have 3 years of work ex in Indian IT with good acads and good ec. I have score 700 in my GMAT

Hi,

I got a Conditional Admit from Strathclyde MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 !

If anybody else has got through, let's team up for preparations to land up in the UK ....

For Edinburgh MBA, I still have to upload the References on Letter Heads to the Online Application ....

Regards,
Lovejoy Kiljoy

Hi All,

I am also preparing to apply for Edinburgh MBA for 2010 batch. Just started on my SOP. Having a hard time of it.
Can you guys please post your profiles?

Mine:

About 4.5 years exp in IT. Will be 5.5 by the time i start the course
Descent academics
Good extra-curricular
I am scheduled for GMAT on 1st Feb.

Any insigh/help for people who have been short listed/conditional offers will help me immensely.

Thanks

Naveen

Hi,

I have a conditional offer from Edinburgh.
Has anyone here accepted an offer from Edinburgh for 2010 intake?

Regards,
Clangorous

Hi,

I have a conditional offer from Edinburgh.
Has anyone here accepted an offer from Edinburgh for 2010 intake?

Regards,
Clangorous

Congrats clangorous!! Can you plz share your profile?

Thank you MBAAspirer.

I work for an Indian IT Company as an analyst. I will be completing 6 years (4 years in India and 2 years in UK) shortly.
My academics have been consistent (70%+). I hold an Engineering degree from a Bengaluru college affiliated to VTU. My GMAT score is 650.
Other Leisure and interests include Cricket (Played county when in UK, represented university during college days). I do take part in quite a lot of social activities - Rural reach programs, Language classes etc. Hobbies also include theatre, acting in TV Serials and Movies.

Regards,
Clangorous

Thank you MBAAspirer.

I work for an Indian IT Company as an analyst. I will be completing 6 years (4 years in India and 2 years in UK) shortly.
My academics have been consistent (70%+). I hold an Engineering degree from a Bengaluru college affiliated to VTU. My GMAT score is 650.
Other Leisure and interests include Cricket (Played county when in UK, represented university during college days). I do take part in quite a lot of social activities - Rural reach programs, Language classes etc. Hobbies also include theatre, acting in TV Serials and Movies.

Regards,
Clangorous

Hey,

i will be putting in my application very soon. My GMAT is on 1st Feb, so i am not sure if i will get an interview call before that.

Can you share some info about your interview? What else is pending in your application? Is it because you have not sent English/GMAT score that your admission is conditional?

Naveen,

My interview is scheduled sometime shortly (which is the only condition in the offer). :)
I gave my GMAT last year and rest of the stuff is done. Will share some information once the interview is through. Hoping things work out.

Regards,
Clangorous

Naveen,

My interview is scheduled sometime shortly (which is the only condition in the offer). :)
I gave my GMAT last year and rest of the stuff is done. Will share some information once the interview is through. Hoping things work out.

Regards,
Suhruta

Hey Suhruta,

Thanks for the info. And all the very best for your interview. Hope you ace it!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I now have an unconditional offer from University of Edinburgh Business School.
If any one else has accepted an offer, please let me know.

Regards,
Clangorous

I now have an unconditional offer from University of Edinburgh Business School.
If any one else has accepted an offer, please let me know.

Regards,
Clangorous

Hey Clangorous,

Congrats. So have you made the deposit also? Can you let me know about the interview process and some questions?

Naveen

Thanks Naveen.
I got my offer yesterday and have not done anything about it yet.
The interview process was more like a discussion.
It was mostly hovered around my work experience and my future plans post MBA.

Regards,
Clangorous

Thanks Naveen.
I got my offer yesterday and have not done anything about it yet.
The interview process was more like a discussion.
It was mostly hovered around my work experience and my future plans post MBA.

Regards,
Clangorous

Cool. BTW, how is the job scenario in UK now? Strangely, i am not finding placement reports for any of the college for the previous years. Do you have any idea?
BTW, i have deffered by MBA plans for next year.

The job scenario in UK from what I hear through my friends is still patchy. I too was looking for placement reports but could not find it. Considering the state of the economy, the placement reports for last year must be disappointing (I am assuming this to be the reason for non-availability of any reports).

The FT Rankings for 2010 are out and the average 3 year ranking of Edinburgh is 77. Its gone down a few ranks on the year rankings and is now around the late 80's.

Anybody in the group who has accepted or has been offered a seat?

Hey Clangorous,

Congrats buddy for the admit!!

when did you apply and how much time did it take to get the interview call after your application got completed?

Hey ag_tou,

Thanks. I initially applied for the 2009 intake but as the seats were full by the time I applied the university asked me if I could defer my application for 2010 intake. So my application was made in June 2009 itself but considering the economy back then I decided to defer my MBA admission by an year. I would not be a correct judge for the time the university takes to respond but I feel it is around 3-4 weeks.

Regards,
Clangorous