Durgapur PG Meets Season 2010-11

Hello Puys… :: From this year onwards, we will be having PG Meets in Durgapur, the Steel City. :: Durgapur is a rapidly developing city, known mostly for its steel plants. But recently, it is also developing into a Premier Educat…

Hello Puys...

From this year onwards, we will be having PG Meets in Durgapur, the Steel City.

Durgapur is a rapidly developing city, known mostly for its steel plants. But recently, it is also developing into a Premier Education Hub attracting students from all parts of West Bengal and outside. In fact, it is currently the 2nd choice of most students in West bengal when it comes to selecting a college. :)

Currently it has Colleges in all departments- Engineering, General, Medical, Law, Management, etc. So no wonder it has many MBA aspirants as well..

Considering that in mind, I had a talk with Rohit and he whole heartedly supported me when I asked him whether PG meets could be implemented in Durgapur. Thanks to his support, I now officially declare the PG Meets open in the green, lush city of Durgapur.

I would also like to thank Siddarth sid2222000 and Dhiresh Dhiresh1009 for taking the initiative and coming forward with their ideas on conducting PG meets in Durgapur.

So guys do come forward with your views and suggestions and post them in this thread. Help us make Durgapur PG meets a success. :cheers:

P.S.- If you are in or around Durgapur and can make it to the PG meets, then please do attend. Its a humble request from our side, since we need more participants to make this event a success. Feel free to contact me, Siddarth or Dhiresh regarding the same. 😃

Guys, we have selected a Tentative date for the First Meet:
6th October, 2010.

Timing: 5 pm onwards. :D

Venue:
Wonder Vatika, 89 cinemas/INOX, City Center..

Do post in your suggestions regarding the same. Special request to Siddarth and Dhiresh..

Ur hardwork is finally paying off dude.....we ll there.....jst one request cn we plz change the tym to 6pm instead of 5.....coz ppl will b having classes then.....:)......thnx a lot fr a warm acnowledgement but guys satwinder has reeli worked very hard fr this n deserves a pat on trhe back fr his efforts...:)

@siddharth: dude dat wud b vry tough since d last bus to our colg leavs city centr at 6:30.
@satwinder: dnt wrry, dis meet wud b a success.

Which college are u frm dude??

sid2222000 Says
Which college are u frm dude??

m 4m diatm.

hmmm.......dont u have buses leavin fr burdwan every now n then??.....i m emphasizing so much on 6 coz @ nit we have our last class till 5:30.....n ppl wont turn up bfore 6....satwinder ur call dude...!!

Why dont we have a compromise? We will start from 5:30 but NIT guys can join from 6 pm.

Dhiresh can leave before 6:30.

Or do you have another date in mind? Other than 6th? 😃

kul .....done....:)

d idea u proposd is quite gud..v cn also try 7th..dat day is mahalaya i thnk so colg wud b off 4 evry1..

dude....the janta of our college is leaving on 7th of october fr their pujas....so 6th is d most appropriate date we cud cme up wd.....n nw i feel its 2 late to change the date as evrybdy has been informed.....:)

dude most of the ppl frm nit will b leaving fr puja vacs on 7th.....cnt guarantee anybdy's participation on tht day.......

Okay, its 6th as of now. Dont worry Dhiresh, the first meet will only be an Introductory one. Will try to manage the time properly from the 2nd meet onwards..

so 6th it is....am luking 4ward to meeting all d puys out dere.....

The meet is On- scheduled for 5:30 pm today. Hoping to have a Great Time..

Will write the Review after I get back..

Hello Puys...

From this year onwards, we will be having PG Meets in Durgapur, the Steel City.

Durgapur is a rapidly developing city, known mostly for its steel plants. But recently, it is also developing into a Premier Education Hub attracting students from all parts of West Bengal and outside. In fact, it is currently the 2nd choice of most students in West bengal when it comes to selecting a college. :)

Currently it has Colleges in all departments- Engineering, General, Medical, Law, Management, etc. So no wonder it has many MBA aspirants as well..

Considering that in mind, I had a talk with Rohit and he whole heartedly supported me when I asked him whether PG meets could be implemented in Durgapur. Thanks to his support, I now officially declare the PG Meets open in the green, lush city of Durgapur.

I would also like to thank Siddarth sid2222000 and Dhiresh Dhiresh1009 for taking the initiative and coming forward with their ideas on conducting PG meets in Durgapur.

So guys do come forward with your views and suggestions and post them in this thread. Help us make Durgapur PG meets a success. :cheers:

P.S.- If you are in or around Durgapur and can make it to the PG meets, then please do attend. Its a humble request from our side, since we need more participants to make this event a success. Feel free to contact me, Siddarth or Dhiresh regarding the same. :)

Hey - this is coincidental - but I was in Durgapur taking classes at Durgapur Women's College last weekend - 3rd October - Sunday..

Was my first visit to the city - and quite enjoyed it - both in terms of the City itself - and the quality of students -very positive bunch of aspirants -

Wish you guys many fantastic meets ahead...

Regards
Tanveer

Had a vry fun ride on my way bak..missd d last bus by a whisker.. 😐 ..was a bit tensed, wen i hit upon dis brilliant plan..in india, dey say, money pays 4 evrythng..so i went ahead and bribed d bus conductor of d lst sbstc bus 2 kolkata nd m nw on my way..

PS: a bit of emo wid litl aplicatn of psychology can do miracles..

Hey - this is coincidental - but I was in Durgapur taking classes at Durgapur Women's College last weekend - 3rd October - Sunday..

Was my first visit to the city - and quite enjoyed it - both in terms of the City itself - and the quality of students -very positive bunch of aspirants -

Wish you guys many fantastic meets ahead...

Regards
Tanveer

Thank you Sir. Am glad you enjoyed your stay in Durgapur. We are very much looking forward to coming back again and joining us in the PG meets.

We would definitely gain a lot from your suggestions. :)

By the way- Durgapur Women's College is very close to NIT Durgapur, the probable venue of future PG meets.

Lolz Dhiresh, dont know what to say, its sad that you missed the bus, but then you hit upon a Brilliant Strategy.

Here goes the Review of the First Ever Durgapur PG meet-
6th October, 2010

I was the first to arrive.. Waited for over 30 mins at the venue.

Dhiresh arrived next. Had a brief conversation with him. Which included the screw-up of SIMCAT 8..

After 15 mins, Siddarth arrived with a 2nd year junior.

After a while, we had a Total turnout of 12 people..

Most of them have either not made a PG id yet, or are not active. So am not giving their PG ids now.

Dhiresh left early.

Gave a short speech- Introduction to PG, What Madcapz do, about PG meets, Plans for Durgapur PG meets, Reading Habits, How PG can help you, Introductions, Why MBA, etc, etc..

Got a good response. All guys present except for Dhiresh and me were from NIT. They suggested that we hold the future meets in NIT, and I guess its a good idea. :cheers:

Will probably have the next meet after Durga Puja ends. Towards the end of October maybe. Lets see. :)

PS- Will upload the pics soon. :D

Thanks a lot to Siddarth and Dhiresh for helping in.