Duke vs Cornell (Fuqua vs Johnson)

Hi All, I am a software engineer with 7 years of workex with 2 leading US companies and including 3 years of workex in the US. I plan to pursue a career in management consulting and thereafter strategy planning. I am not sure what my fal…

Hi All,

I am a software engineer with 7 years of workex with 2 leading US companies and including 3 years of workex in the US.

I plan to pursue a career in management consulting and thereafter strategy planning. I am not sure what my fallback career option would be though. I would try to get into some sort of strategy planning role in the corporate sector.

I have the choice to join Fuqua or Johnson for my MBA starting this fall. As I sift through the internet and rankings, I am confused with mixed opinions on both. I understand that Cornell has a better brand name in India but I plan to work in the US for at least 4-5 years post-MBA till I payback my loan.

Any opinions/facts/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Congrats on your admits!! Both are great schools, however, in my opinion Fuqua would definitely be a better bet given you career goals. Fuqua has excellent placements in strategy consulting and particularly for MBB positions, if thats what your looking at. Also, from the feedback that I've got, the Fuqua 'MBA' brand is much stronger than that of Johnson in the US.

Unless you want to do something finance related (IB or IM) I believe Fuqua has a stronger MBA program overall.

Just my 2 cents.