Duke Fuqua - 2010

Dear All: This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the Duke MBA program for entry in 2010 and beyond. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful. Regards Aseem!

Dear All:

This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the Duke MBA program for entry in 2010 and beyond. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful.

Regards
Aseem!

I am targetting round 1.
I am from IT,gmat 750

I am targetting round 1.
I am from IT,gmat 750

Gr8 score buddy.. All the Best!! How are you planning to send transcripts? I didn't see an option of sending it through post.. I think the only option is to scan it.. What do you say?

You need to upload the transcripts online.

connectansh Says
You need to upload the transcripts online.

Hmm.. yeah.. so since I have hard copy of transcripts, I guess I'll have to scan them first and then upload them.. Thanks!!

Yes, that's the great thing about elite schools like Duke. Most of the big US schools have paper less application system.

Targetting R1....

Profile:
GMAT - 710/6
7+ yrs exp in Avionics/Aerospace industry
acads - avg
extra curr - excellent
community service - very li'l

To Subscribe.

Hey fellows,
My profile, 680(34/49/4.5)/5 yrs IT(currently with Barclays,NY),
E.c.:In school extraordinary(35 International Competitions) but avg in college

My question here is I was about to start the app but then I thought with my score is it worth apping. Not to mention, the principle that if don't app then are chances r 0.I get the philosophy but on a serious note, its not just money but the emotions then one invests in a app. Has anyone seen indian IT male/gmat 680 or below getting in. Need your advice folks.

Hi guys,

nice to see a thread dedicated to Duke 2010. My profile:

GMAT: 740 (QA-50 VA-41 AWA-6.0)
Work Ex: 5 yrs by fall 2010 (IT) 2.5 yrs @ client location
Acads: Good
EC: Good (National Level prizes in tennis and music during school & college)
Community Service: Nothing noteworthy

How are the essays coming along?

Hey fellows,
My profile, 680(34/49/4.5)/5 yrs IT(currently with Barclays,NY),
E.c.:In school extraordinary(35 International Competitions) but avg in college

My question here is I was about to start the app but then I thought with my score is it worth apping. Not to mention, the principle that if don't app then are chances r 0.I get the philosophy but on a serious note, its not just money but the emotions then one invests in a app. Has anyone seen indian IT male/gmat 680 or below getting in. Need your advice folks.

@iLive_GMAT
You have a good GMAT score. I dont think you should be worried about GMAT score. And you have also mentioned that you have good EC's. If you can relate that to good experiences contributing to your personality then it would be great.
I read about a girl who got into HBS with a GMAT score of 660 ! Goodluck with your app.
@iLive_GMAT
You have a good GMAT score. I dont think you should be worried about GMAT score. And you have also mentioned that you have good EC's. If you can relate that to good experiences contributing to your personality then it would be great.
I read about a girl who got into HBS with a GMAT score of 660 ! Goodluck with your app.

Thanks a ton man for those encouraging words. and yes u r rite. The name of that girl is Jayeeta Bariwal.
iLive_GMAT Says
Thanks a ton man for those encouraging words. and yes u r rite. The name of that girl is Jayeeta Bariwal.

Its unbelievable to hear n see that someone with a score of 660 got into HBS....ofcourse she must have had a great profile.....

By any chance do you have her contacts.....or can ask her to guide fellow....puys.....who are in the process of apping.....
Its unbelievable to hear n see that someone with a score of 660 got into HBS....ofcourse she must have had a great profile.....

By any chance do you have her contacts.....or can ask her to guide fellow....puys.....who are in the process of apping.....

I don't think she got into HBS. I think it was Duke(fuqua). Pardon me if I am not rite.

I'm also giving it a shot
My profile

BE IT
Acads - Good, throughout First Class with Dsictinction
GMAT - 680 (5.5)
Workex - 5 + As Retail Business Analyst - Right now into IT sales
and pre- sales
1+ as a musician in a club (When i was looking for a job)
EX - Excellent
1) Professional musician/teacher - (From London School of Music)
2) Very strong EC's in school college in sports and event
management
3) Anchor for a number of stage shows
4) Intermediate level Salsa Dancer

- WILL MY GMAT SCORE BE A PROBLEM?

Thanks & regards,
- Siddharth

I am already feeling charged up seeing all you guys applying to B-Schools...
Seems like am late in the run... am planing for R2...

I am aiming for my GMAT on Oct 26th 09. Then shall be all set for the R2.

ATB guys !!

I'm also giving it a shot
My profile

BE IT
Acads - Good, throughout First Class with Dsictinction
GMAT - 680 (5.5)
Workex - 5 + As Retail Business Analyst - Right now into IT sales
and pre- sales
1+ as a musician in a club (When i was looking for a job)
EX - Excellent
1) Professional musician/teacher - (From London School of Music)
2) Very strong EC's in school college in sports and event
management
3) Anchor for a number of stage shows
4) Intermediate level Salsa Dancer

- WILL MY GMAT SCORE BE A PROBLEM?

Thanks & regards,
- Siddharth

@Siddharth, I think we guys have a commonplace profile. MIne being more, coz everywhere in the world I see IT consultants.
I had the same question in my mind. But I guess we have to follow our heart and give it r best shot. So the deal here is :
1. Living with the fact that our score is 680 or giving it another shot. For now I will stick to this.
2. The application has to be the strongest perhaps that we could ever write or else there r many applicants to fuqua every year.Trust me a ding hurts. Especially when you pour your heart out in the app.
3. In the process of drafting the application I am also willing to ground my "fly so high" ideas and presenting the best with my current experience on the resume.you know what I mean.

The above present a high level model for the app.
The age old saying....do ur best n leave the rest.
ATB
I am already feeling charged up seeing all you guys applying to B-Schools...
Seems like am late in the run... am planing for R2...

I am aiming for my GMAT on Oct 26th 09. Then shall be all set for the R2.

ATB guys !!

Good Luck !!! How r ur scores in GMAT prep ?

Where r the Gurus?
I am waiting for comments from the heavy weights ....
Guide the lesser mortals. You anyways will get into Fuqua.
This has become kind-a dream skool for me. Personal and professional reasons combined.