Duke Fuqua - 2009

Folks, Lets use this thread for discussing Fuqua’s admission for class beginning Fall '09. I am most probably apping R1. Indian IT engineer with 730 on GMAT. Jump in and post your profiles. PS: Mods, if there is already a thread fo…

Folks,

Lets use this thread for discussing Fuqua's admission for class beginning Fall '09. I am most probably apping R1. Indian IT engineer with 730 on GMAT.

Jump in and post your profiles.

PS: Mods, if there is already a thread for Fuqua '09, please accept my apologies and lock this one! 😃

I'm applying to Duke this time as a re-applicant, in the early action round. Taking an on-campus interview in Oct.

Profile: Indian/ IT / 3 years WE till date / 720 / strong acads, extra curriculars.

Hi,
I'm applying to Fuqua too, for the Fall 2009 MBA program. Similar profile. Indian, IT, 3 years work-ex by the time i join, 700 GMAT, strong acads.

Hi,

Duke seems to be good, but is it a fact that the 'no-laptop-in-classroom' rule still holds good? :sarcasm: Though this is not a big factor to decide against, think it would change the classroom experience!!!

Deep 😉

Phew!!
All similar profiles! Its gonna be tough!!;)

Yeah looks like it. Lets see how things go. Guys, if you know any other threads going on for Fuqua 2009, please paste the links here.

Another IT applicant 5+ WE till date. Planning to apply in Early Action.

Guys, Any idea how important is it to go Duke campus and interview.

I'm in Atlanta. They don't offer off-campus interview for candidates in US ( except West Coast)

Here's one more for Fuqua!!
======== ======== ======== ======== ========
GMAT: 770 (Q51, V44) AWA 5.0
Work experience: 4 yrs at matriculation in top Software product dev companies
Undergrad: BTech(CSE) from NIT (Top 10%)
Extra curriculars : Very Strong
International Exposure:: None :(
Managerial experience:: None 😞
======== ======== ======== ======== ========

I'll be apping in R1.
(EA doesn't look manageable 😞 )

BTW, has anyone pinged the adcom on the International Loan program issue..
There seems to be some confusion on this front

Quoting from my own blog...

The info regarding the no-cosigner loan on their website has changed from guaranteed loans without a US cosigner to Information about the International Student Loan is forthcoming. What does this mean?? Are they planning to discontinue their International Student Loan ??
My apping to Fuqua will depend on answer to this Question. Ive written to them, but no response yet.
(FAQs page still confirms the availability, but Ill trust the finaid site more)

Can anyone please confirm this ASAP?? :boat::boat:

The Duke-Fuqua site has just been overhauled. The new link to the Financial Assistance is Types of Financial Assistance

Under the International Student loan program, it clearly mentions the eligibility for a loan without a US co-signer.

Hope it shudn't be a problem of paying the tuition after an admit...

hi
im applyin 2 fuqua as wel,fall 09
gmat-740(49Q,41V,5.5AWA)
2 yrs work ex by d time i join
pretty strong acads n xtra curriculars
wat u guys goin bout d essays
any1s taken counsellin?

Hi everyone! I am a doctor with 3.5 years experience applying for health sector management(HSM)-Duke.
Score - 750(Q50/V41) AWA-5.5
Guys I need your help...Do you know any medical professional in Duke who is doing HSM or has completed it. That will help me get an insight on whether Duke is the best fit for me or not
Thanks

Don't know whether i should apply to Duke...

Mr profile
GMAT 720 q49 v40 :2gunfire:
Engineer by graduation (ok acads):huh:
As a result, very ok ok extra currics

I work in India's largest NBFC's investment banking division in the proper proper investment banking section (not back office or research, but actual dealing with clients, financial modelling, structuring, etc)

Another IIM in !!

730, 4 Y, IT --

Guys, I am travelling to US next weekend. Is it better to have a campus visit first and then submit or submit app first n then intv on campus ??

The deadline I apply may vary with this.

Second, can we discuss the "leader of consequence' stuff ? I am stupmed by that ...

For people in US, is there any option of Alumni interviews?

I would prefer to interview on-campus on a Saturday.
However there are very few Saturday slots available.
I also noticed a weird thing.
For EA applicants, the slots available are: Oct 4, 11, and Nov 1.
But for Round 1 applicants only the Oct 4 and 11 are available.

Any idea on whether I can interview on Nov 1 and app for R1?

Regards,
Applicant

hi
im applyin 2 fuqua as wel,fall 09
gmat-740(49Q,41V,5.5AWA)
2 yrs work ex by d time i join
pretty strong acads n xtra curriculars
wat u guys goin bout d essays
any1s taken counsellin?

abhishek,
From my experience, I think 2 yrs WE at the time of joining, may be a stretch. Coming from a totally unconventional background, or experience, and some stellar essay writing (possibly, with a scheduled interview) might be needed.

Please take some more opinions on this. But if it is a dream option, then go for it. You never know, when it may click! :wink:

Another IIM in !!

730, 4 Y, IT --

Guys, I am travelling to US next weekend. Is it better to have a campus visit first and then submit or submit app first n then intv on campus ??

The deadline I apply may vary with this.

Second, can we discuss the "leader of consequence' stuff ? I am stupmed by that ...

April2007@ISB
I too am facing the same situation. Maybe the probability that they would have read your essays before you go there, might help make that choice better.

I'm having my on campus intw on Oct 2, so i thought i might as well visit the campus first, and probably add references to the visit somewhere in my essays :rolleyes:

any other pointers welcome

dasi
April2007@ISB
I too am facing the same situation. Maybe the probability that they would have read your essays before you go there, might help make that choice better.

I'm having my on campus intw on Oct 2, so i thought i might as well visit the campus first, and probably add references to the visit somewhere in my essays :rolleyes:

any other pointers welcome

dasi

Dasi,

Thanks for your opinion. I was infact thinking on the same lines, Interviewing on Campus when they know your story may close the deal either ways. And since I am thinking about EA round, Nov 1 seems to be good time to interview !!

Based on your experience to book slots, how proactive do I need to be ? Is the space really constrained or can I take call sometime around Oct first week ?
Dasi,

Thanks for your opinion. I was infact thinking on the same lines, Interviewing on Campus when they know your story may close the deal either ways. And since I am thinking about EA round, Nov 1 seems to be good time to interview !!

Based on your experience to book slots, how proactive do I need to be ? Is the space really constrained or can I take call sometime around Oct first week ?

Well, i haven't checked back since i booked my slot. I booked mine some time during the first two days of Sept, and I had pretty much of the slots for myself. I am here in the US for a short-term assignment, and could extend my trip here only until Oct 2nd - the first day of the intw, for when, I got a slot. So I picked it right away.

I'd say, the earlier you can book, the more choice you've got in terms of slots - don't know if the adcom actually notices the "pro activeness" in booking the slots earlier.
If you cannot decide before Oct, when you'll be able to take the slot for, then i think you could wait - the only catch is, the availability of the slots. So make sure, you keep an eye on that.

ATB!
dasi
Hi it seems like the world only has IT :unhappy:
I have applied for Dukes early action round. Here is my profile
GMAT 710 (Q50 V3
WE 4.5 (IT) (2 years international)
Acads Strong
Ext Curr Strong (Hope this proves to be my strength)
Rest, guys did all of you push the apps?