DSM Dtu 2011-2013

Hi all, This thread is for all those students who are interested in joining DSM. kindly post your queries and suggestions on this thread. Regards Sumit Bhutani MBA 2010-2012 Delhi School of Management Delhi Technological Universi…

Hi all,

This thread is for all those students who are interested in joining DSM. kindly post your queries and suggestions on this thread.

Regards
Sumit Bhutani
MBA 2010-2012
Delhi School of Management
Delhi Technological University
(Formerly Known as Delhi College of Engineering)

thanks sbhutani for the new thread...we can take the querries*(if any) of the students who want to take admission to dsm this year

abybaby86 Says
thanks sbhutani for the new thread...we can take the querries*(if any) of the students who want to take admission to dsm this year

woudnt aglasem team b doing the same?? & they r qyt gud

Hi guys,

I am unaware of aglasem team. But i would be handling the activities.

Cat is just one month away, aspirants of cat, i would like to apprise you with some imp info.

last year, the cut off for DSM was 70 %tile. this year it is expected to go up but you shouldn't expect a steep rise.

there are 75 seats for the program at present, but it could increase as well.

if you have any other query or suggestion then do post here.

Regards,
Sumit Bhutani
MBA 2010-2012
(Formerly Known as Delhi Technological University)

How is the college? Facilities? Is the notiification out? What about the placements? Where is the college located?

Hi Rajat,

This is the management department of Delhi college of engineering now DTU, so the infrastructure is world class. there is wide array of facilities provided for the students, with gymnasium, sports complex, r&d; labs, hostels,computer labs and library which contains over 2 lakh books and journals.

as far as the management department is concerned, since this is only the second batch, we don't have any separate block for management thus we at present have been studying in mechanical department.

The college is located in shahbad daulatpur road, bhawana. its 1o min form rithala metro station.

the placement is yet to begin but i can tell you about the internships. our seniors did internships from, gails, lg, samsung and many more reputed companies.

lastly, the notification is not out yet but keep looking at the website, and i shall be posting about the same.

Regards,
Sumit Bhutani
MBA 2010-2012
(Formerly Known as Delhi Technological University)

what r the specializations offered?

Hi,

This program has been designed specifically for engineers, thus the program contains all the aspects of management in addition to focus on domain based management knowledge.

The first year is subjects are similar to any subjects in other B schools but in third semester you can choose a specialization between Knowledge management, Information Technology Management & supply chain management.

In fourth sem, you can choose your minors between Finance, HR or Marketing.

Thus you being an engineer can still pursue career in your domain on higher organizational hierarchy rather than completely shifting your domain.

For any other queries or suggestion do post here,

Regards,
Sumit Bhutani,
MBA 2010-2012
Delhi School of Management,
(Formerly Known as Delhi College of Engineering)

well done Sumit 😃

is it not for people who are not Engineers? like people from Arts?

I am Sorry Rajat I dont have much idea about this, earlier i used to believe that the course is only for Engineers but a few B. Pharma guys are here .

I will have a look again and get back to you.

Thanks

raggarwal101 Says
is it not for people who are not Engineers? like people from Arts?
As i see, DSM (Delhi School of Management)

1) It's a Management Dept of DTU (formerly DCE).
2) The specialization offered are IT Management, Supply Chain and Knowledge and Tech Management along with Finance, Marketing, HR.
3) Though only 2 years old, the Profile of Students is surprisingly very good.
4) ROI(Return on Investment) is expected to be one of the best, anywhere.
5) Campus is very nice, come visit anytime :)
6) DCE is already a brand.
7) It's in Delhi.

To be continued with some more pros and cons... (watch out)
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/delhi-school-of-management-dtu-formerly-dce-25058906

we would be taking this thread now.
PS to me friends: for further queries call me.

Hi mods,

Can we have this thread closed as well.
PS Sorry for so many requests.

Thanks
Wasil