Draconian Laws which make you say Ooh Aah Ouch!!!

Hi PGites, In our daily lives,sometimes we face a situation when our work or desire gets stucked due to some stupid laws. For example: we had planned a treat from a friend of mine who got into IIMB tomorrow.But we came to know today that tomor…

Hi PGites,
In our daily lives,sometimes we face a situation when our work or desire gets stucked due to some stupid laws.
For example: we had planned a treat from a friend of mine who got into IIMB tomorrow.But we came to know today that tomorrow is a labour day and thus it is a dry day
So it is cancelled..boohoo:2gunfire:!!!
During elections and on some special days ,we have a dry day. I dont see any logic in it.Why the govt. needs to make us sober on these special days?

So let us know when you have felt frustrated and bamboozled due to some stupid laws?

somebody feels frustrated that one day plus election day in a year is a dry day..
and for someone 365 days are dry days.. Beat that!!

this is one draconian law indeed!!

cheers,(oops!!)
shalin..

PS; One more draconian law... Spamming not allowed!!

PS; One more draconian law... Spamming not allowed!!

hmmmm.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

anyways
one thing that really pisses me off is the times when i have to wait to cross a street when a big shot is about to pass. wtf is that all about. big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

worst draconian law in college----------submission of assingment is it necessary to make assignment n inetrnals

cheers!
ps:if this thread will locked then it will a good example of dr*** law

draconian law eh....
25 being the legal age for drinking.

i was politely asked to leave pegasus bar, (i should mention here that it was 12 am, i was wearing shorts and floaters )

Draconian laws....
Well peepz some r gud...

Consider that ppl in singapore are charged for spitting on the road n spreading garbage...

This may be a boon for india considering the ever increasing population of mobile pan wallahs......

Cheers

Yogi

HaHa You've get me to do a dirty mind here.

I personally believe that the stupidest law is the one which says a**l sex is illegal.
I read it in a mag long time ago. Ofcourse, very difficult to enforce eh? The Ooh Aah Ouch got me to think this one so pardon my limited worldliness...

Other than that Draconian is the general mindset and not the laws. The laws are the result. Ofcourse the mindset is partly controlled by history, religion and the economy among other things...

K

Do you mean 21? :shocked::oha:

well if im not mistaken 25 is the legal age in delhi...was there at this Law Firms party in delhi and they were makin fun of some associates who were under the legal age...thats when i realised...ofcourse they all got sloshed..legal or illegal!!
donB Says
well if im not mistaken 25 is the legal age in delhi...was there at this Law Firms party in delhi and they were makin fun of some associates who were under the legal age...thats when i realised...ofcourse they all got sloshed..legal or illegal!!

25 is indeed the legal age for drinking, atleast in delhi.. a few years ago , there was this programme on Star News which showed that how the bar owners completely disregard this law which was first enacted in 1915.. I think it was some Punjab act of 1915 or something, and the offender(in this case, the bar owner) had to pay some 500 bucks which still hasnt been increased.

shalin..

guju state is a dry state..
this law sucks man!!

kerala the good follower of law!!!:huh: here everything has to be abide by the law,

n strikes in kerala if a single person will say today its strike then whole town will be closed such a unity is here for strikes;

Gud place dump our frustration.

But let me ask how many times have us seen ppl brking those laws which they can abide??????????

just as an example how many times have us seen ppl breaking traffic rules.......
havent those ppl make those traffic policewalaas going ooh aah ouch?????

so, thr has to be some laws which will cause the same ohh ahh ouch effect on the public

Do you mean 21? :shocked::oha:

Yes YogiBaba,
thats an good idea for governement to generate revenue,but again i guess the money will ultimately go in our dear "mama's " pocket!!!

it's 25 in delhi...
21 elsewhere.

regarding gujrat.... some people are really happy about it.
one of them being my friend. whenever she comes back to delhi for holidays, she takes a few bottles of booze back to gujrat. voila !! instant profits

someone should make a law about peeing in public places....
it's a national pasttime here...

well i believe that the one kid rule in china is really coercive and draconian,,,...no doubt ithashelped control the population but at the same time it has made people abuse their own country...and their leaders.

i beleive rather than forcing ppl ..it should be making ppl aware of the consequencies of huge population......in an effoer to expedite the whole process china is missing out a big trick..ie to keep the masses happy content with the laws of a country.

regards

anuj

oh yeah how cud i forget this one...one totally draconian law wud be

IMPLEMENTATION OF CAS IN CHENNAI when every other damn metro in the country got away with it...there is a thread dedicated to this atrocity on PG