Downtime and some data loss

Hello folks, you might have noticed that we have had some downtime issues over the last 24 hours. We have some bad news. We just lost some 12 -24 hours worth of data on the forums. We are back thanks to our backups, but really we should not h…

Hello folks, you might have noticed that we have had some downtime issues over the last 24 hours. We have some bad news. We just lost some 12 -24 hours worth of data on the forums.

We are back thanks to our backups, but really we should not have lost any data in the first place.

If you have registered in the last 12-24 hours, you will have to re-register and sorry about some of the posts. We've recovered whatever we could.

Really sorry about this folks.

Sorry accepted

But users like me who post twice an hour:biggrin: have suffered great losses :lookround:
especially I wrote a huge post on POH thread..which is no more there..

I am really really sorry. I feel rather embarrassed as well. Please continue posting and having fun

Sorry granted

But users like me who post twice an hour:biggrin: have suffered great losses :lookround:
especially I wrote a huge post on POH thread..which is no more there..

Its good to be back , every time this happens ,anticipations increase regarding the launch of new version 😃

i have lost all my subscribed threads due to this maybe. I had around 119 threads.All lost

@pk_gt1, I think you might have lost that because your email ID was bouncing.

Can you please elaborate the cause of the problem?

ankitrocks Says
Can you please elaborate the cause of the problem?

We run mysql master slave configuration on 3 servers. But the replication broke. While we write to one server, we read from either of the three to ensure faster access. But the broken replication also messed up the backups on two of the boxes (inconsistent data)

The only master server decided it was a good time to corrupt a table and the only choice was to reload from the last master server backup and here we are.
We run mysql master slave configuration on 3 servers. But the replication broke. While we write to one server, we read from either of the three to ensure faster access. But the broken replication also messed up the backups on two of the boxes (inconsistent data)

The only master server decided it was a good time to corrupt a table and the only choice was to reload from the last master server backup and here we are.

saar. install one extra server ,just in case 😃

But all's well that ends well.

LET INSANITY PREVAIL.........
WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND MISTAKES ARE BOUND TO HAPPEN ..

SO KEEP ROCKING

God bless the techies who would have had such a screwed up day...

I made a post in the life@NITIE thread at around 5am today morning...it's gone :(. Is the post gone forever??? 😞 :-(

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifenitie-25016721

Tears,
Satish 😞

pagalguy Says
@pk_gt1, I think you might have lost that because your email ID was bouncing.

koi upay hain sirjee.
I had registered with aol back in 2008,incidentally the mail id and the password is totally lost.
and now i use a gmail .
Can i get the subscribed links back anyhow ??
koi upay hain sirjee.
I had registered with aol back in 2008,incidentally the mail id and the password is totally lost.
and now i use a gmail .
Can i get the subscribed links back anyhow ??

Yep, so our system unsubscribed you first and then asked you to change your email ID. Sorry, but we can't retrieve your subscription. However we created a work around system for later users. You got caught in our initial testing - we improved the system later. I know its not what you want to hear, but .. others are leading a better life because of your beta testing
I made a post in the life@NITIE thread at around 5am today morning...it's gone :(. Is the post gone forever??? 😞 :-(

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifenitie-25016721

Tears,
Satish :-(

Very very sorry. But the bits have flown away.
mayankleo_1 Says
God bless the techies who would have had such a screwed up day...

In this case it was me the techie .. The 24 hours have been really bad!

Does this happens due to some kinda testing of new version or is this a result of different issue?
Is there any news regarding launch of new version? Aankhein thak gayei 😉

Alwin Saar \_________O__/

Lekin abhi tak shayad system stable nehi hua hai

I scribbled twice today afternoon
1. Bangalore PG meet thread (around 2 pm)
2. CAT 2010 Parajumble thread (around 4:30 pm)

Posts could not be found now :shocked:

Alwin Saar \_________O__/

Lekin abhi tak shayad system stable nehi hua hai

I scribbled twice today afternoon
1. Bangalore PG meet thread (around 2 pm)
2. CAT 2010 Parajumble thread (around 4:30 pm)

Posts could not be found now :shocked:

sir, those posts can't be recovered now....''jo beet gayi so baat gayi'' ;)

so relax and start posting again.....