Don't Join SIBM Bangalore Executive MBA Program or Part Time PG Program

I am posting this for people from Bangalore with work experience who are interested in pursuing Executive MBA program. *Please don’t join SIBM Bangalore. This is a view shared by * To introduce myself, I am currently pursuing 30 month Executi…

I am posting this for people from Bangalore with work experience who are interested in pursuing Executive MBA program. Please don't join SIBM Bangalore. This is a view shared by

To introduce myself, I am currently pursuing 30 month Executive MBA program at SIBM Bangalore. I am an Engineer working with one of the IT companies in Bangalore and has a total of 7 years of work experience. I have made a biggest mistake of my life by joining SIBM Bangalore's Executive MBA program.

Only reason for which I joined this course was Learning ( as no placement assistance is provided for the program) I did some due diligence and heard that SIBM Bangalore has got a very good pool of faculties. But what I heard has been proved totally wrong. The good faculties from IIMs /XLRI etc are provided only for regular program.

The institute gives step motherly treatment to it's Executive MBA program and one year PG programs. The courses for executive and Part-time programs are conducted by worst faculties. These faculties teach 3rd grade b-schools in Bangalore and are being called to teach for us. SIBM Bangalore may be the only institute where the faculties who teach for regular program do not teach for Executive and PG programs.
I and my batchmates work hard throughout the week and go to attend the classes during the weekend sacrificing our family lives. The only objective is to learn and exposed to managerial concepts. But we end up wasting our time as the faculty are so bad.
What hurts most is the institute provide some very good faculties to their regular 2 year program. Our batchmates and our senior batchmates have discussed this with concerned authorities many times over the last 2 years but to no avail. That's why we have decided to post this message.
So for all those with work experience who want to pursue Executive MBA and part time PG programs, please don't join SIBM Bangalore.

Hi,

This is to clarify that at SIBM Bangalore,the Executive MBA program is carried out with the same academic rigor and we have faculties coming from IIMs, XLRI , SP Jain Dubai Singapore etc teaching the E-MBA students. However, if in case there are any issues/concerns about the program, it is requested to be voiced through the right channels.

Thank you,

I want to do executive MBA from SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT,Bangalore.
Please guide me through this,PROS and CONS of this EMBA in SIBM,bangalore.
After spending around 4 lakhs whether this degree is really gonna help or not???

After reading this thread I am really confused.
I have gone through the EMBA program details.And I am suitable for that.
I am having 3 yrs of work experience in IT and want to do EMBA for future growth.

Please reply anyone who is currently doing it or has done it.
Please please please reply soon.:

This thread is pretty shocking to see as i was planning to get EMBA from SIBM.....
Can anybody please help me out??

I have 1yr experience in IT from reputed MNC should i go for regular mba or SIBM EMBA??
as many other colleges ask for atleast 3yr experience for EMBA....

@[586129:srinss] Hi,

Even for SIBM B EMBA program you need 3 years of work ex, and for PGDM courses there are no work ex requirements.. As far as the info posted above, please talk to the current students @SIBM B, check the rankings and reputation of the institute before forming any kind of opinion.. We are proud to say that we are one of the fastest growing B schools in the country in terms of Industry exposure, Events, Faculty and lastly, placements.. Call the Admissions office for more info.
@nikhilbrad said:@srinss Hi,
Even for SIBM B EMBA program you need 3 years of work ex, and for PGDM courses there are no work ex requirements.. As far as the info posted above, please talk to the current students @SIBM B, check the rankings and reputation of the institute before forming any kind of opinion.. We are proud to say that we are one of the fastest growing B schools in the country in terms of Industry exposure, Events, Faculty and lastly, placements.. Call the Admissions office for more info.
Thanx for the info. ya 3yr experience is a hindering disadvantage that i am facing currently...!!!
Ill check in SIBM thread for more details about the collge as suggested by u. 😃 😃
@mortgageadvisor Hi, I am keen to pursue the PGDHRM from SIBM- Bangalore. I have 12 years work experience and and MBA in finance. I have been on sabbatical leave for last three years and now I am actively looking to join back the work force. I am from Banking industry and the only offers coming my way are of sales role and I am not too keen to join a revenue target profile and my inclination is towards joining HR vertical. Due to these reasons I am keen to pursue PGDHRM as it will provide value addition to my existing skill set. However, I have read the above comment by an ex-SIBM and now I am concerned whether I am making a right choice. If any other ex-SIBM's could clarify this situation. Additionally, I would also like to know with the background I have, if this qualification would generate some opportunities for me in HR vertical. Any kind of suggestion and advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey bro, one of my cousins is a SIBM pass out and he has been telling me that the faculty of SIBM B is top-notch. I don't say that whatever you dealed with is appropriate, but I don't think the things you have shared about the faculty is acceptable.This is because i haven't heard about their expertise from my brother alone but from others too.