DOMS, NIT Trichy

Hi , Does anybody have any idea regarding the following? 1. What is the placement prospects in DOMS ,NIT Trichy? 2. How is the institute with regard to MBA education? 3. Fee structure and selection procedure? 4.Hostel and other infr…

Hi ,
Does anybody have any idea regarding the following?
1. What is the placement prospects in DOMS ,NIT Trichy?
2. How is the institute with regard to MBA education?
3. Fee structure and selection procedure?
4.Hostel and other infrastructure facilities

Krishna
Hyderabad

I too was wondering about this institute and the value its MBA carries. I have a JMET rank of 1866 and having double thoughts on applying to this institute and am seeking advice

hi i think nit trichy is through ATMA exam which is on 6th feb
and not through jmet!!!!!!!!!

It also accepts JMET scores. Anyway tell me is it good?

i really doubt the fact fact that NIT Trichy acccept JMET score.It accepts only ATMA and i am still regretting missing ATMA. As NIT trichy is a real good institute..

I Is there any wayi can fill up ATMA form now..??

Last date being 13 Jan..
: : : : : : : : :

hi,
I have received good feedback about the Institute and am applying this year.It seems to be highly cost effective.Total cost for 2 years less than 1 lakh .

how about placement and ranking?

Kumar

Placement is good this year for all the B-Schools.I heard ,already more than 95% have been placed.

i really doubt the fact fact that NIT Trichy acccept JMET score.It accepts only ATMA and i am still regretting missing ATMA. As NIT trichy is a real good institute..

I Is there any wayi can fill up ATMA form now..??

Last date being 13 Jan..
: : : : : : : : :

I am very sure it also takes JMET scores. My facult at TIME told me.

NIT Trichy accepts only ATMA score.
Check this link.
http://www.nitt.edu/courses/2005/mba.shtml

i second that

jaatjaat Says
i second that

I second that, when Akshat suggests that you shd get your 1st official warning.

I am having 3 years work experience.Will that get additional weightage?Thre is no mention about this in the application.Which are the places for GDΠ ?Can I get clear information about these?.

Does it accept mat conducted in may

I don't think they will accept MAT Scores.In any B-school,work experience will definitely get weightage in the selction process if they don't take only the written Exam score.

What was the ATMA cut off score for OC last year ?

hi guys,

guess i could pen in a little of what i know...i am an engg passout from REC trichy(presently NIT Trichy)...MBA is not as renowned as the engg out there, but still placements are decent...there is very good infrastucture, a 24 hr computer centre, gym, swimming pool, library n whatever u require...but the only hitch is the salary offered...even though everyone gets placed salary highs don't usually go above 3-4lpa...otherwise u can consider NIT Trichy as an option as well 😁

cheers
Hawkeye

hi guys,

guess i could pen in a little of what i know...i am an engg passout from REC trichy(presently NIT Trichy)...MBA is not as renowned as the engg out there, but still placements are decent...there is very good infrastucture, a 24 hr computer centre, gym, swimming pool, library n whatever u require...but the only hitch is the salary offered...even though everyone gets placed salary highs don't usually go above 3-4lpa...otherwise u can consider NIT Trichy as an option as well 😁

cheers
Hawkeye

Hi all,
I second what HAWKEYE has said. Eventhough the initial salary is somewhat lesser than the top 15-20 B-schools but it is always better than any AMITY or BIMTECH or even ICFAI (other than Hyderabad) . The faculty is no doubt better than the above said B-schools and there is an environment for studies.
I had a final call from NIT TRICHY. Last yr there was no GD PI :shock: : I had got the admission based upon ATMA score and my experinence. (I did not joined NIT Trichy)

cheers
anup

Hi Friends,
I am from trichy and would suggest you to opt for BIM ie Bharathidasan Institute of Management. It is the number one B-school in Tamil Nadu and enjoys a very good reputation. Placements is also good ,as given in buisness world,it is 14th in placements....If you r considering NIT , you better apply for BIM instead. No doubt NiT is good for engineering,but for mba ...BIM!!!! And I think BIM entrance test is thru XAT.

Best of Luck

Hi,
I am doing my first year M.B.A in N.I.T ,Trichy.
I am glad to answer some of the queries posted here and hope it is not too late.

Many students have the perception that NIT is only famous for U.G courses. To some extent this may be true. But the M.B.A programme is having some inherent strength that no other B-Schools except IIMs and some other top B-schools can boast about.
NIT , Trichy M.B.A is the only HRD ministry funded programme among the 17 NITs .That makes this as one of the most cost-effective M.B.As in India. The money invested can be gotten back within 2-6 months depending upon the work experience and competency level.
The number of faculty members with PhDs and the total number of permanent faculty members are certainly higher than any other B-Schools in Tamilnadu. Infrastructure facilities are at par with any other top B-Schools in this country. You can 100% rely upon the information provided in the website in this regard.
Almost all the top companies come for campus recruitment. Every year 100% placement is achieved.
Since the selection process starts late, some students may face the dilemma whether to join or not after they have paid fees in other colleges. I would suggest that even if you have to forego Rs. 2,00,000 in those colleges also its still worth joining here .Not only you will save a lot of money but also you will get the quality education and clear vision about life.
I will be very happy to answer your specific queries, if you write to me.
Regards,
S.T.Durai