DoMS-NIT Trichy 2011-2013 GD/PI Call getters Discussion Forum

Congratulations to All GD/PI Call getters 2011-2013 :: Get the pdf of the shortlist here: DOMS, NITT Welcome to the second stage of your entry into DoMS-NIT Trichy A mail has been sent your addresses with the date timing and venue…

Congratulations to All GD/PI Call getters 2011-2013

Get the pdf of the shortlist here: DOMS, NITT

Welcome to the second stage of your entry into DoMS-NIT Trichy

A mail has been sent your addresses with the date timing and venue of the GD/PI.

If the dates clash with any other GD/PIs then you can also change the centre.

You can drop in your queries regarding any concern on GD/PI

All the best:cheerio:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mindscape

I did not get any mail form NITT .I am selected for GD PI on 27 march
plz help

Got a call @ 68 %ile(TN-OBC).
My GD/PI is scheduled on March 19th @ Trichy. Is there any possibility of rescheduling it on March 20th?If yes how to do it?
@Seniorz : Also it will b helpful if you give me some past GD topics and a few insights abt the interview process...

Congratulations to All GD/PI Call getters 2011-2013

Get the pdf of the shortlist here: DOMS, NITT

Welcome to the second stage of your entry into DoMS-NIT Trichy

A mail has been sent your addresses with the date timing and venue of the GD/PI.

If the dates clash with any other GD/PIs then you can also change the centre.

You can drop in your queries regarding any concern on GD/PI

All the best:cheerio:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mindscape

Sir i did not receive any mail GDPI 26th march DELHI
I also want to know what were the gd topics in the previous years
also what is the nature of interview , i mean is it technical based interview or a normal one.???
And sir this time the cutoff for general candidates is 90.xx percentile and
they have called only 408 candidates i.e. 4:1 . so i think due to less range in the percentiles of candidates called , i think the gdpi will play a very big role in conversiion . SENIORS PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

i hav not yet received the letter.....!
n thus im not aware of the time slot.......venue at hydrebad.....20th..!

im having another pi on 19th kolkata....!!

how to change the date or venue..........!

which is a week later...!!

and seeing the scenario guess the letter wont be reaching within a couple of days too.....!!!

senior do help....!!!

at least a email would hav helpd a lot to frame a schedule for myself...!!!!

I did not get any mail form NITT .I am selected for GD PI on 27 march
plz help

i hav not yet received the letter.....!
n thus im not aware of the time slot.......venue at hydrebad.....20th..!
im having another pi on 19th kolkata....!!
how to change the date or venue..........!
which is a week later...!!
and seeing the scenario guess the letter wont be reaching within a couple of days too.....!!!
senior do help....!!!
at least a email would hav helpd a lot to frame a schedule for myself...!!!!

Hi by mail what i meant was the mail in the physical form..
The complete schedule is given in the letter. For your information the GD/PI process started at 10.00 a.m last year.

Got a call @ 68 %ile(TN-OBC).
My GD/PI is scheduled on March 19th @ Trichy. Is there any possibility of rescheduling it on March 20th?If yes how to do it?
@Seniorz : Also it will b helpful if you give me some past GD topics and a few insights abt the interview process...

Guys
The GD/PI can be rescheduled. What you need to do is email the team and also call them after some time or a day and confirm that you have been realloted to a new slot.. Do this so that you will not face any hassles later.

Sir i did not receive any mail GDPI 26th march DELHI
I also want to know what were the gd topics in the previous years
also what is the nature of interview , i mean is it technical based interview or a normal one.???
And sir this time the cutoff for general candidates is 90.xx percentile and
they have called only 408 candidates i.e. 4:1 . so i think due to less range in the percentiles of candidates called , i think the gdpi will play a very big role in conversiion . SENIORS PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

With each passing year the college decides to get higher up the ladder. And this may be a step to attain this. GD/PI is an important process and high percentiles does not guarantee a conversion. So do your best. :cheerio:
The interview may be a technical one or a mix of techie and HR. It depends on the panel and your luck also. Be confident in whatever you say. This is very important.
Your knowledge of Current affairs can boost your chances of better performance. The GD/PI may include topics in Budget, Libyan crisis, Indian economy, Japan rebuilding. Also sharpen your resume and the normal questions like Why MBA, where do you see yourself after 5 years?
Be realistic while answering the questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards
Jinson
GoodWillHunterz
(the PR cell)

can u pls post the email id....???????

or is it the same as in the website..???

Seniors, could you suggest some GD topics for us? I guess CAT percentile gets 70% weightage... am I right ?

My G.D/P.I has been scheduled on 19 the march at Trichy but at the same day i had G.D/P.I of other college at Bombay.

so what is the procedure to change the schedule???

plz reply seniors.....

got a interview call..27th in IIT chennai...

1. Do they let us select the stream that we want up front or is it based on 1st year performance?
  2. Can you please shed some light on the current batch's (09-11) avg. package? (esp. finance if possible.) How good is the finance stream in NITT?
  3. My %ile is 84.96(TN Gen.) So there are 24 seats i guess. Any idea whether my %ile is above avg. or below avg. for my category (TN Gen.)

TIA

how are placements in nit

Ne one know What is time to report for GD /PI
What documentwe need to carry ?
Do they ask for original doc also

I got the letter from NIT. PFB the details of the letter.
Reporting Time: 9:00 AM (Expected to stay till 5:30 PM)

1. Original CAT Scorecard (Guess the print out of the PDF that we downloaded from IIM site)
2. Four copies of the enclosed candidate profile (There is a sheet for that sent in the mail)
3. Experience certificate from employer if any
4. Original mark sheets (10th,12th, UG)

Venue: Dept of Mgmt Studies (Silver Jubilee Building), NIT, Trichy.

Ii have sent a mail for rescheduling,but have not got a response till now.MY gd/pi is on 20thin hyderabad and it is clashing with IIT-M gd/pi in mumbai.Have asked to reschedule it to Delhi centre.

Dear All,
Those who want to change their GD/PI centres please send a formal mail to [email protected] ASAP

1. Do they let us select the stream that we want up front or is it based on 1st year performance?
  2. Can you please shed some light on the current batch's (09-11) avg. package? (esp. finance if possible.) How good is the finance stream in NITT?
  3. My %ile is 84.96(TN Gen.) So there are 24 seats i guess. Any idea whether my %ile is above avg. or below avg. for my category (TN Gen.)

TIA

1. the spl is purely based on ur choice no restriction are there in DoMS NITT
2. the avg salary is above 6 this yr
3. your are above avg to my knowledg
Ne one know What is time to report for GD /PI
What documentwe need to carry ?
Do they ask for original doc also

all these details will b clearly mentioned in ur GD/PI call letter take a look at it , hope u received it
vamsikrishnaaav Says
hmmm i thought of not post anyhting but situation is asking me to do so ....i have nit-t and xime on sunday i.e., 20 th i took decision to attend the nit-t but i havent recieved any post from them .. i will be leaving to blore tomoro and then to mumbai and then to hyd ...so is iot ok to attend the gd/pi without the letter ...pls reply else i have to shift the interview

considering your situation u can bring the cat score card and the application of DoMS NITT hard copy along with you. It is better if you send a mail regarding this to nit mail to be on the safer side on ur part. I really wonder why u thought of not posting anything.

Karthik
Goodwill Hunterz
DoMS-NITT