Doms IIT Roorkee 2007-09 Q's

Hi Puys, Queries regarding DoMS-IIT-Roorkee admissions are welcome in this thread. Ask anything we will be glad to reply.

Hi Puys,

Queries regarding DoMS-IIT-Roorkee admissions are welcome in this thread. Ask anything we will be glad to reply.

Hi...
Do we need to fill up different forms for all the IIT's... Do u've any tentetive idea as to when the deadlines etc. are...
Thanks in Advance

hi!!
u hav single form for JMET. once you qualify JMET you will have to apply to all iits sand iisc seperately. thay wud be in the month of january

Well 4 all info on JMET nd pattern u r requested 2 post ur querries in da JMET thread. As my batchmate Sumeet said. Forms r available after Qualifying JMET, in Jan.

hi muscular_ceo

can you post least ranking to be called for interview last year for MBA in IIT Roorkee

Hi the last rank was around 2500 for ppl wid wk-ex and 2200 for freshers.
But when your Rank is low then you will have 2 perform exceptionally well in Gd/Pi.
As JMET is nearing, i wish all aspirants best of luck.

Hi the last rank was around 2500 for ppl wid wk-ex and 2200 for freshers.
But when your Rank is low then you will have 2 perform exceptionally well in Gd/Pi.
As JMET is nearing, i wish all aspirants best of luck.

Thanks for the info yaar. Can u also tell me whats the approx score reqd to get a call from IIT Roorkee, Kanpur & Madras....

Any info abt the placements stats abt IIT Roorkee??
Havent found any exact placement stats like Highest,median,average salary,batch profile etc from the Doms IIT Roorkee site as well so am asking it here.

Thanks.

Any info abt the placements stats abt IIT Roorkee??
Havent found any exact placement stats like Highest,median,average salary,batch profile etc from the Doms IIT Roorkee site as well so am asking it here.

Thanks.

Well darthcoder, Doms IITR has got excellent placements. We will keep the thread updated abt placements. As we r having the placement process for 2nd year scheduled on 15th and 16th of this month. From the pre-placement talks(da companys come 2 b-schools nd make ppts) that we had, companies offering 8.5 laks r bound to recruit in numbers. So as you see the median n average salarys r certain 2 increase from the previous year value.
If it is placements that u r looking @ then IITR is definitely the place 2 b.I would appreciate if u could hold on for another week, then we can come up wid the current figure and as a 1st yr student, i will b in a better position 2 answer the same after experiencing things 1st hand.

All the best 4 JMET.
yogs84 Says
Thanks for the info yaar. Can u also tell me whats the approx score reqd to get a call from IIT Roorkee, Kanpur & Madras....

I would say assuming the same difficulty level 4 Jmet, an attempt of arround 85 q's wid 85% accuracy will fetch u calls from most IITs. Anyhow it all depends on the difficulty level.

As far as the ranks r concerned last year the limits were
1600 4 kanpur
1650 4 madras, 4 freshers.
4 ppl wid work -ex it will go down by another 200 ranks.

Hi NarayanPrasad,

Any info on the placements and other stuff on IIT Roorkee??
Further info from the IIT Roorkee batch would help me make up my mind about the different B-Schools at the different IITs.

Thanks,
Darthcoder :).

Hi darthcoder, the placements were excellent..............salaries sky rocketing...... better than ever .........if placements r what u r looking @ , then IIT R is the place 2 b.

We have all the data regarding paypackets and i'm very well aware that u ppl are expecting me 2 give out the stats like mean, median nd mode(highest) salary .

But as is the case with every other b-school, the placement stats r presented 2 the press formally by the Dean of the respective institute and students are required 2 b silent wrt this issue, 2 the outside world, till that date...(last year sum1 4m IIMA revealed the data 2 the press b4 the official announcement........... it created controversy , remember??)
nd this date of official announcement by Doms IITR will most probably b in the second week of Jan.

So the only option available is 2 prolong ur wait by just a few more days, even though ur concerns are understandable.

We will always be there 2 help u out.

Hi darthcoder, the placements were excellent..............salaries sky rocketing...... better than ever .........if placements r what u r looking @ , then IIT R is the place 2 b.

We have all the data regarding paypackets and i'm very well aware that u ppl are expecting me 2 give out the stats like mean, median nd mode(highest) salary .

But as is the case with every other b-school, the placement stats r presented 2 the press formally by the Dean of the respective institute and students are required 2 b silent wrt this issue, 2 the outside world, till that date...(last year sum1 4m IIMA revealed the data 2 the press b4 the official announcement........... it created controversy , remember??)
nd this date of official announcement by Doms IITR will most probably b in the second week of Jan.

So the only option available is 2 prolong ur wait by just a few more days, even though ur concerns are understandable.

We will always be there 2 help u out.

hi narayanprasad, this is pavan from hyderabad, i have 2 years of software experience, well could you please tell me does iit roorkee insist on having a first class percentage i.e above 60% for work ex. guys , i am eager to take the 2007 jmet examination and i would have 3 years by then, plz do inform me as i am in a fix, also could you please e-mail me ur private e-mail i.d and ur phone number to [email protected], incase if u wanna call me , then plz do call me @ 09948238558
bignoog111 Says
hi narayanprasad, this is pavan from hyderabad, i have 2 years of software experience, well could you please tell me does iit roorkee insist on having a first class percentage i.e above 60% for work ex. guys , i am eager to take the 2007 jmet examination and i would have 3 years by then, plz do inform me as i am in a fix, also could you please e-mail me ur private e-mail i.d and ur phone number to

Hi there
Public display of e-mail ids and phone numbers is strictly prohibited. Please edit your post using the EDIT option. Also read the PG Noobie guide and Rules by clicking on the respective links in my signature

Mridul

Hi Pavan,
I see that u are very serious abt ur MBA and also that u have a 3yrs of nice wk-ex (which goes a long way into deciding da ease of admission into a b-school nd also the paypacket/profile u get after passing out).

Like what Ms.Mridul has pointed out , it is not a standard practice 2 mention e-mail id's or ph.no directly in a public forum such as pg. So i would appreciate editing ur previous post.

And 60% minimum aggregate in all sems/yrs combined is MANDATORY for admission into the IITs 4 da MBA programme 4 every1 in GEN catagory, basically intended 2 filter out ppl who lack sound academic record. Personally i have serious apprehensions abt the effectiveness of this rule in judging future managers, based on their subjective knowledge of BTech subjects and the respective aggregate marks obtained. I'm fairly certain that this rule will b scrapped in the years 2 come, but as of now the rule stands.

Again there are fundamental limitations 2 like university's r not comparable across a common platform( i.e a BTECH 4m IIT wid an aggregate of 55% is way better than a topper from a shady college wid a % >60, but as per this rule its plane simple the iitian is not eligible!)

Institutions like iit's n iim's have 2 go by rules nd if ur % was another 10 pts less , then u would have 2 forget iims even, regardless of ur work-ex. I sincerely wish u best of luck.........don't b de-motivated there are other good b-schools which do not insist on cutoffs and if u keep the same momentem going u will hopefully convert one of them.

Wishing u all the best.

thank you narayana prasad for ur valuable suggestion

hi seniors,
its a nice initiative...
i had one doubt the avg salary etc is not mentioned on the website can u please enlighten us on that..

regards

hi
ankitg86

the avg salary for the last outgoing batch was 6.10 lacs

the placement process for this year is over , but as ppl hav got multiple offers and few companies still revising thier packages, a lot more number crunching is left . but its very well poised to be in the 7 +circuit ..

please be patient for the official press release which will divulge all the statsitics

Hope this answers your queries

:)

Regards

AJIT SINGH

hey My score in this yr JMET 2007 is 45.75 and iam a guy with 6 months experience, 2006 passout.

Can any one voice thier opinions , will i get a call from IITR, is there any chance or from any other IIT ?

What was the trend last year ?