DoMS, IIT Madras Admissions 2010-2012

Dear All, Please use this thread for all your queries regarding DoMS, IIT Madras. We will keep you updated with all the dates and the deadlines and help you out with all your queries regarding JMET in general and admission process specific to…

Dear All,

Please use this thread for all your queries regarding DoMS, IIT Madras. We will keep you updated with all the dates and the deadlines and help you out with all your queries regarding JMET in general and admission process specific to DoMS,IIT Madras. Looking forward to have a good time with you all. Thanks!!

JMET eligibility for GEN category is a 60% and above aggregate. This aggregate is computed after considering all your marks of all the semesters. This will also be verified once you come for the admission process.

IIT Madras accepts JMET as well as CAT scores for shortlisting candidates for GD/PI.

can you please tell the procedure for applying through CAT score??
visionIIM-ACL Says
can you please tell the procedure for applying through CAT score??

Please find the procedure related information at: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/44308-doms-iit-madras-admissions-2010-a.html#post1666869

Hi all,
can anyone tell me b.Pharm student could apply to iit madras DoMS?
As b.Pharm is 4 year course, may be equivalent to b.e. B.Tech

Hello Team,

I'm planning to apply under NRI category.

Could you guys please let me know what was the GMAT cut-off score for last year NRI candidate ?

Many Thanks,
Prabhu

Hello Team,

I'm planning to apply under NRI category.

Could you guys please let me know what was the GMAT cut-off score for last year NRI candidate ?

Many Thanks,
Prabhu

Hi, I got his excerpt from the site: http://www.doms.iitm.ac.in/documents/brochure-09.pdf

People staying abroad having Indian Passport (NRI)
a) If they have been staying abroad continuously for two years or more (as on 31 Dec 09) and possess minimum qualification prescribed above and have a valid GMAT score (there is no cutoff: shortlisting would be done internally)
will be eligible for admission.
b) Candidates who have stayed aboard for less than two years would be considered same as Indian students and will have to qualify through JMET.

Can you please let me know when would DMS,IIT M will come up with the profiles of 2009-2011 batch student? each IIT is now out with it....just wished to know the general profile of people over there???

bunny1986 Says
Can you please let me know when would DMS,IIT M will come up with the profiles of 2009-2011 batch student? each IIT is now out with it....just wished to know the general profile of people over there???

Its already updated on the DoMS website!

ohk thnx ...i guess it has been done only a couple of days back becoz it wasn't there earlier thnx again....hope to make it to IIT M dis tym after missing last year due to low score in DI section of CAT last year...

Thanks Bhawik Raja
I'm staying outside India for more than 4 years.
Last year what was the least GMAT score for any NRI candidate at IIT-Madras ?
I can prepare myself for the GMAT based on this info.

Many Thanks,
Prabhu

I applied for IIT Madras MBA programme through CAT scores nd not selected despite a perc of 96.25 due to low DI score. On this forum I found that people are worried about the CAT cut off last year. As a result I have quoted below the short-listing criteria that IIT M declared for their 2009-2011 selection programme. Hope it helps-
Our shortlisting procedure is presented below:
First, the applicants are sorted into three mutually exclusive sets:
a) candidates who have declared only JMET scores,
b) candidates who have declared both JMET and CAT scores,
c) candidates who have declared only CAT scores.

Both, JMET and CAT have the following sections Quantitative (Q), Verbal (V), Logical Reasoning (LR) and Data Interpretation (DI). JMET separates LR and DI, while CAT combines them.

JMET and CAT assign different marks to each section. Therefore, each declared CAT score, in each section, has to be scaled and normalized to obtain its respective equivalent JMET score for enabling comparisons.

Once this is completed, a single scaled and normalized list of sectionwise scores data would be available for comparisons using the JMET scale as reference.

The applicants scores (scaled and normalized) in each section are sorted in descending order and then the section cut-off percentiles are used to shortlist applicants sectionwise. The Common Merit List (CML) including all categories (General, OBC, SC/ST and PD) is then identified as the intersection of scores that are present in ALL THREE LISTS Q, V, and LR + DI. Naturally, there could have been applicants who scored very well in one or two sections but not the other(s). This would imply that their scores would be included in the shortlists of the one or two sections they scored very well (as they would be inside the cut-off percentiles), but would be excluded from the section(s) in which they did not score well (as they would be outside the cut-off percentiles). Such applicants would not be included in the CML, irrespective of the overall JMET ranks or net CAT percentiles.

The CML is then used to shortlist candidates from the OBC, SC/ST and PD categories according to the Government of India norms/guidelines.

For candidates in set (b), both JMET and CAT scores are taken into account and the better of the two is chosen for shortlisting. In general, DoMS_IIT Madras always uses the principle of granting the benefit to the applicant when the case arises.

Please note that if an applicant (Open category) satisfies any one of the following two CUT-OFF SCHEMES then he/she is in our list of candidates invited to the GT/PI process.

CUT-OFF SCHEME 1 (as per the JMET or the equivalent scaled and normalized CAT scores):

Q(17.99/30) and
LR and DI (considered together)(36.17/60) and
V(16.5/30)

OR

CUT-OFF SCHEME 2 (as per the JMET or the equivalent scaled and normalized CAT scores):

Q(16.68/30) and
LR and DI (considered together)(34.50/60) and
V(14.99/30)

AND

Q*(LR+DI)*V greater than or equal to 15450.

Please note the Boolean OR and AND conditions...
ALL D BEST!!!

First class is 60 % or 70%?

Do keep a tab on the doms iitm website and the students' blog for latest information related to admissions. My guess is that the application form should be available from january onwards.

Hi..
I am preparing for JMET. I want to know the JMET cut off mark for an OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidate last year. It will be really helpful to all OBC candidates, if someone from the current batch replies to this.

I have around 5 years of professional work experience in Cognizant. How far this work experience helps me to fetch a MBA seat in IIT Madras.

Thanks & Regards,
Balaji A

Hi..
I am preparing for JMET. I want to know the JMET cut off mark for an OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidate last year. It will be really helpful to all OBC candidates, if someone from the current batch replies to this.
I have around 5 years of professional work experience in Cognizant. How far this work experience helps me to fetch a MBA seat in IIT Madras.

Thanks & Regards,
Balaji A

OBC rank cut off was around 5500. Yes the 5 years of work experience will definitely make your profile stand out, but be rest assured that you will be quizzed on your motive for joining MBA after 5 yrs of work (that is, in case you qualify!). All the best.

Hi

Any other IIT accepts CAT or some other score apart from JMET?

Hi

Any other IIT accepts CAT or some other score apart from JMET?

As far as I know, its only DoMS, IIT Madras that accepts CAT scores along with JMET scores for its admission process. I am not aware of any other IIT acceptig non JMET scores.
bhawik Says
OBC rank cut off was around 5500. Yes the 5 years of work experience will definitely make your profile stand out, but be rest assured that you will be quizzed on your motive for joining MBA after 5 yrs of work (that is, in case you qualify!). All the best.

Thanks for your immediate reponse Bhawik Raja. Could you please provide me the details of the total mark for such ranking.