DoMS 2014 2016 PI call getters thread

Hello Guys,Congratulations to all those who are shortlisted for the PI process. Wish you all the very best. This thread is to help resolve your clarifications if any, regarding the PI process.

Hello Guys,

Congratulations to all those who are shortlisted for the PI process. Wish you all the very best. This thread is to help resolve your clarifications if any, regarding the PI process.

WHAT SHOULD I FILL FOR THIS QUESTION.I DON'T HAVE WORK EXP,ANY PART TIME JOB OR INTERNSHIP????

Provide a chronological description of your work experience. Please indicate the organisation you have worked, the period of employment, and your job responsibilities and accomplishments. Also describe the major challenges you have faced in your work environment and the way in which you overcame them. In case you do not have work experience, you can mention any part-time job or internships done as a part of your graduation in this section

i just came to know the email ID of one of my referees was incorrect and he did not receive the mail.What to do now?? Please help

What are the PI dates for Kolkata? Those going to Kolkata, please share your PI dates here.

Please use the space below to make any additional comments that will help us in assessing the candidacy of the applicant for the MBA program at IIT Madras. (Please limit your response to a maximum of 200 words)

Is the write up optional or compulsory ? Seems this is optional. @flauntingale @AmalSMarian

Considering this time there is only PI ,are there going to be multiple interviews a.k.a Stress Interview/Normal Interview etc..

is there any way to change one of my referee ? since he didn't receive the mail.

is der anyone who has got any help regarding rescheduling of interview date.......plz help me

My interview date is 28th Feb and reporting time is 8:30 AM. According to mail from admission team interview process may take 3 hours. But is there any chances of interview process taking more than 5 hours. I have to return to Bangalore on the same day. @flauntingale

Does DoMS, IIT Madras provide on-campus accommodation to outside applicants?? As my interview is at 8:30 AM in the morning, I have to reach IIT Madras 1 day before the interview. @flauntingale

Hi,

I have been shortlisted for the PI round. One of my referee has some technical issues with his official mail ID and hence is unable to receive the mail regarding my recommendation.
Can you please let me know if it is possible to resend the mail to his personal mail id?

@flauntingale my references have not recieved the mail for providing their inputsi have written to DOMS but they have not reverted back yetwhat do i do as the last date is 21st feb

Pl Help

Hi all,

Many of you were reuqesting for rescheduling of interview dates. Its very difficult to rechedule as the number of request for rescheudling is pretty high. Kindly send in a mail to the official id, we can consider it. but we cannot assure you that it will be rescheduled.

Do we just have PI now.. No GD/WAT??

And one mre question... Do they focus too much on Technical questions??

@flauntingale :

For our second round of profile sheet, We have to answer following question.

"Provide a chronological description of your work experience. Please indicate the organization you have worked, the period of employment, and your job responsibilities and accomplishments. Also describe the major challenges you have faced in your work environment and the way in which you overcame them. In case you do not have work experience, you can mention any part-time job or internships done as a part of your graduation in this section. (Your response should be restricted to a maximum of 400 words.)"

For this question, can we use structured format of mentioning all the details in points ??

Example :

XYZ Company

Dec 2011 - Currently

Roles and Responsibilities :

- Developer ...

- Deigned ...

-

Accomplishments :

- Won ...

- Received ...

Major Challenges Faced :

- Resolved ...

-

As in this question all the details are factual and statistical, writing it in essay format will wastage of words because 20% of words will be wasted in connecting sentences and like that.

Your inputs in this regards will be very helpful.

Hi Guys,

Regarding Reference mails not delivered, pls ask your referees to check in the spam folder, or if its a gmail id, ask them to check in the social tabs that goes unnoticed most of the times. The reference letters are mailed in batches, and hence they may go into these folders.
If still there is no reference letter received, we ll get back with a soft copy of the reference letter to be filled on Monday. You guys can fill it and send.

I have received call letter on mail n speed post @ residential address. Will print out of mail suffice ???? @flauntingale

@vipulsp

I have received call letter on mail n speed post @ residential address. Will print out of mail suffice ???? @flauntingale

Hi Vipul,

The print out of the mail will do. Just make sure that you bring all the documents mentioned.
Regards,
Amal S Marian
DoMS Interface Team
Batch of 2015