Doing MBA in mid-career - How does/did it help?

Puys, First of all I would like to say that this is not intentional spam, I couldn’t find anything useful for questions lingering in my mind after surfing a lot; so I decided to start this thread.I request moderators to keep this thread alive…

Puys,

First of all I would like to say that this is not intentional spam, I couldn't find anything useful for questions lingering in my mind after surfing a lot; so I decided to start this thread.I request moderators to keep this thread alive or unclosed for sometime or otherwise please post a more relevant thread to shift talk from here.

Let me introduce myself - I am Software Engineer, with six and half years experience of technical product development; have worked in three well known silicon valley product companies

I know for sure I would not be or can not be part of some parts/processes of Software Development unless I have MBA e.g. I have worked from design to delivery phases of product but phases before that are totally unknown. I aspire to stay in Software industry only perhaps in some other role with more responsibilities and visibility; preferably in product development(more specifically in telecom)

Have you done MBA or are deciding to do so at similar juncture of career(6+ years of exp)? Does it make sense to quit the job after "settling" in to workplace for study,
To take loan for studies leaving 1 or 2 years salary(loan amount may be equal to two year's salary)?
Last but least; will I get salary at least equal to what I am getting now?
What kind of profile can one expect post-MBA?
In ISB there is PGP-X, is it for only CEOs or anyone with minimum experience is qualified for it? Do people get placed with that course through ISB or placement cell is only for other courses? What role do they get? Any specialization suggestions for one who want to stick to telecom/product companies and like to have broader view of working

I aspire (or dream) to study from ISB,Hyd as its more costly to study in foreign and if there is no ISB or other reasonably priced MBA course abroad I would not be joining it. If you're in similar dilemma please putforth so or if you are alumni of some college which you joined after GMAT and have experience (positive/negative) please share.

I am myself a MBA aspirant like you but with more experience. The idea of doing a MBA fits my long term and short term goals. I needed a break from work and a good post grad degree. I wanted to move to a role which is more challenging in IT and a MBA will help me move to that level which would have taken another 4-5 years if I continue with my career.
After speaking to alums i realized that a MBA will not eject me to the role I want to unless I take the efforts and take up courses in the field i like. For placements I will need to network with alums to get the desired job and not rely only on placement cells.