Does IIM C have a 2nd list

Just wondering whether i can hope any longer…

Just wondering whether i can hope any longer.............................

no dude, only one list and thats it!

amazing motto there.. sumit...

As of know there is only one list but a big but..................., today is the lst date for submision of fee wait for few more days.

ashish

Did they give out a waitlist as well??

PaGuy Says
Did they give out a waitlist as well??

No they did not...

no there is no waitlist or second list any thing like that but they have sent call to around 450 ppl.

ashish

no there is no waitlist or second list any thing like that but they have sent call to around 450 ppl.

ashish

450 ??:wow: Thats a big number ! Do they assume that more than 200 guys would be common with A and B and most of them would pick A or B over C!
PaGuy Says
450 ??:wow: Thats a big number ! Do they assume that more than 200 guys would be common with A and B and most of them would pick A or B over C!

To be precise it is 492..and that is i guess for PGDM and PGDCM both which are around 320 seats..+130-140 common to A 20-30 common to B and 20 buffer..comes to 492

Pgdm + PGDCM both combined no of seats come out to around 250 not 320. there will be few people who have calls from both pgdcm and pgdm so this 492 will reduce to around 430-440. and c will have lot of overlap with A becoz all those who apply to A apply to C also ( in case of lik few people prefer to apply to A,B,C only and these people get selected also) moreover both c and have a very similar evaluation scheme. and offcource there will be more overlap with B becoz when it comes to b Vs C regional factor plays a role and with IT buzzing in banglore people prefer it and there is no comparision between banglore and kolkata.

Ashish

sanjay29j Says
To be precise it is 492..and that is i guess for PGDM and PGDCM both which are around 320 seats..+130-140 common to A 20-30 common to B and 20 buffer..comes to 492
Pgdm + PGDCM both combined no of seats come out to around 250 not 320. there will be few people who have calls from both pgdcm and pgdm so this 492 will reduce to around 430-440. and c will have lot of overlap with A becoz all those who apply to A apply to C also ( in case of lik few people prefer to apply to A,B,C only and these people get selected also) moreover both c and have a very similar evaluation scheme. and offcource there will be more overlap with B becoz when it comes to b Vs C regional factor plays a role and with IT buzzing in banglore people prefer it and there is no comparision between banglore and kolkata.

Ashish

this sounds logical but what i gave was informative knowledge which directly came from admin off via one of my frens at iiml who went there personally to drop his DD for registration/seatconfirmation...still i do not think c will come out with a 2nd list or w/l..as they have never done this before

ya sanjay I agree . My post only explains 492 calls but wether c will come with second list is a matter of speculation, but they do come out with second list i know one my friend in 2003 got pgdcm through second list/ personal call letter, i dont remeber but he was not in main list but was informed afterwards.

ashish

sanjay29j Says
this sounds logical but what i gave was informative knowledge which directly came from admin off via one of my frens at iiml who went there personally to drop his DD for registration/seatconfirmation...still i do not think c will come out with a 2nd list or w/l..as they have never done this before
ya sanjay I agree . My post only explains 492 calls but wether c will come with second list is a matter of speculation, but they do come out with second list i know one my friend in 2003 got pgdcm through second list/ personal call letter, i dont remeber but he was not in main list but was informed afterwards.

ashish

that is one more good news.. ..thnx asish..btw you ar ew/l in L as well right?

ya that is true infact u can check it out he was salil dani 2005 pass out placed with Ge capital was among toppers in L may be one of L current batch can verify it.

Ashish

sanjay29j Says
sanjay29j Says

L waitlist

Well let me clarify few things...
1. Its not 492 calls but 492 candidates some of which have both PGDM and PGDCM calls.
2. IIM-C traditionally comes with 1 huge list and thats it. (Even if that means teachin 200 or 300 students.)
3. Last Batch had around 250 students and thus it can be speculated that they are looking at 40-50% candidates not joining IIM-C
4. This yr there are around 180 people who have received a final call from both A and C (from a very reliable source )
5. Out of people who dont have A but have both B n C final calls, around half chooses B over C and the pther half C over B. But this junta is very limited (say 70-80 people my guess) because of bizzare calls IIM-B sent calls this year.
6. That makes it around 220 people leaving IIM-C or around 270 people joining IIM-C so I dont think there is any chance of a second list.

excellent analysis and it seems logical also, i have doubt on only one thing wether it is 492 calls or 492 candidates, rest all fit well.

And one more thing what can be the possible explanation of only 150 ppl filling up the database in IIM -c yahoo group, this group is almost offical as request was sent by student council to join the group and majority of janta after that took the group in a serious manner

ashish

Well let me clarify few things...
1. Its not 492 calls but 492 candidates some of which have both PGDM and PGDCM calls.
2. IIM-C traditionally comes with 1 huge list and thats it. (Even if that means teachin 200 or 300 students.)
3. Last Batch had around 250 students and thus it can be speculated that they are looking at 40-50% candidates not joining IIM-C
4. This yr there are around 180 people who have received a final call from both A and C (from a very reliable source )
5. Out of people who dont have A but have both B n C final calls, around half chooses B over C and the pther half C over B. But this junta is very limited (say 70-80 people my guess) because of bizzare calls IIM-B sent calls this year.
6. That makes it around 220 people leaving IIM-C or around 270 people joining IIM-C so I dont think there is any chance of a second list.
And one more thing what can be the possible explanation of only 150 ppl filling up the database in IIM -c yahoo group, this group is almost offical as request was sent by student council to join the group and majority of janta after that took the group in a serious manner

ashish

Hopes and hopes and hopes. Very very very optimistic hopes.:)

PS: Thanx for keeping mine up as well.

ya man i am a hardcore optimist.

cheers

Hopes and hopes and hopes. Very very very optimistic hopes.:)
PS: Thanx for keeping mine up as well.