Does 1yr post graduate diploma qualify you for MBA in US if you hold a 3yr degree?

I am planning to purse a MBA in US in a years time. I interacted with admission officers from various universities about the admission criteria. Their view point have been unanimous - you need to have a 16yr education to qualify for the MBA progra…

I am planning to purse a MBA in US in a years time. I interacted with admission officers from various universities about the admission criteria. Their view point have been unanimous - you need to have a 16yr education to qualify for the MBA program - 12yrs schooling & 4yrs graduation.

I have a 3yr Bachelor degree from India. The ideal way for me to qualify to apply would be to do a 2yr Masters program. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of time...I was wondering if doing a 1yr post graduate diploma should mitigate that problem?

I was thinking of programs from NMIMS distant learning or the one offered by IMT. Both are starting courses in December. They are also Distance Education Council, Government of India (should this be good for American universities?)

Would really appreicate if you could advise on the robustness and practicality of the idea. Any alternate course of action to mitigate the issue? Thanks a lot!