Do I need to drop an year for CAT preparation

I am an CAT aspirant.In the final year of my college I took up self preparation for CAT which ended up with disastrous results in both MBA entrances and academics.Actually I could not go for coaching because of the timing constraints and the rigid…

I am an CAT aspirant.In the final year of my college I took up self preparation for CAT which ended up with disastrous results in both MBA entrances and academics.Actually I could not go for coaching because of the timing constraints and the rigid and rigorous schedule of my college.

After giving CAT I realized it was tough and merely self-study won't make it.So after I got placed in TCS I started again preparing for CAT but it was hampering my academics.So I left it and started working on improving my aggregate.Because I have heard this is also a criterion of getting calls from IIMs.

Now I will be going going for the job in December.I thought about preparing after completion of b.tech.But after completion I started preparing for better companies and PSU's. So the idea of belling the CAT faded away from my mind.But now it has revived.

Right now I am preparing for PSU's .So don't have much time for the preparation.So I am planning to give CAT in 2012.I will be working then.I would have dropped an year for CAT but I realized it was tough for me to crack.So I thought it would be wise to take up some job and prepare for CAT by side.But the work pressure is very high in companies.

Right now I won't drop.But Can anybody tell me do I need to drop an year in future to prepare for cracking the CAT or side by side preparation will do it?Has anybody on this thread made it to the IIMs while working.

I am an CAT aspirant.In the final year of my college I took up self preparation for CAT which ended up with disastrous results in both MBA entrances and academics.Actually I could not go for coaching because of the timing constraints and the rigid and rigorous schedule of my college.

After giving CAT I realized it was tough and merely self-study won't make it.So after I got placed in TCS I started again preparing for CAT but it was hampering my academics.So I left it and started working on improving my aggregate.Because I have heard this is also a criterion of getting calls from IIMs.

Now I will be going going for the job in December.I thought about preparing after completion of b.tech.But after completion I started preparing for better companies and PSU's. So the idea of belling the CAT faded away from my mind.But now it has revived.

Right now I am preparing for PSU's .So don't have much time for the preparation.So I am planning to give CAT in 2012.I will be working then.I would have dropped an year for CAT but I realized it was tough for me to crack.So I thought it would be wise to take up some job and prepare for CAT by side.But the work pressure is very high in companies.

Right now I won't drop.But Can anybody tell me do I need to drop an year in future to prepare for cracking the CAT or side by side preparation will do it?Has anybody on this thread made it to the IIMs while working.

First amongst all, decide ur priorities in life...TCS or PSU or CAT....which comes no. 1?? Give ur heart and soul to it. Stop worrying about other options or else u'll end up with them only.
Second, dropping a year can be done but if u are concerned about hectic work schedule, leave TCS and go for a light job something apart from software services where u'll get time to study...just my opinion though..!!

Dude, make up your mind CAT or job....specifically IIMs or jus' a job...if u wish 2 end up at IIMs...forego job..as it doesn't adds much value unless u r profile is exuberanly different!! ATB!!