DMS-IIT KANPUR QUERIES

anybody frm IIT kanpur to enlight PGites?? how are the placements and other stuff

anybody frm IIT kanpur to enlight PGites??

how are the placements and other stuff

with work ex what could be the lowest rank call expected here

well i found an aquantaince in IIT KNP and this is what he mailed me..

"Well curriculum theek hi hai. Too much
workload 😞 placements abhi tak to fine hain. last batch 100%
placements with max 7.00 (itibank and GE) min 3.6 lakh(AFF) p.a.
Still we r in a developing phase. Future looks bright. We are in the
process of building reputation.As per faculty --it's cool."

Dear all
Brain I Drain 's acquaitance told u almost d truth & nethin more i wud b happy 2 contribute
till then njoy
dangerously urs
cobra

Hi cobra,

Thanks for offering the help.

I have a JMET rank of 1464.

Do I have a chance of getting a call from IIT k?

What will be a chance of converting it?

I think rather than doin MBA from other second rung insti.s doing it from a lesser known IIT (like K,M,R, IIsc) will be beneficial in long run. What do you think? I have got a call from ICFAI.(46 th rank and scholarship of 1 lac Rs.)

How will you personally rate K, M, R, IIsc?

Please enlighten.

-Nilesh.

Hi cobra,

I think rather than doin MBA from other second rung insti.s doing it from a lesser known IIT (like K,M,R, IIsc) will be beneficial in long run. What do you think? I have got a call from ICFAI.(46 th rank and scholarship of 1 lac Rs.)

Please enlighten.

-Nilesh.

I second you. IITs will be better that other lower rung colleges like ICFAI

Hey all,
is the iit kanpur application only one page. There is no info about workex pls help
--Shiv

Hi cobra,

Please enlighten.

-Nilesh.

With 1464 you have a good chance of getting the call. converting it finally depends only on you & God {Luck}

& ya i personally feel that MBA @ IITs r goin 2 b big soon & @ IIT K looking at the results it is surely gonna b gr8. 4 other institutes u r free r form ur opinions :black:
Personally i feel that after K, if u r not in a hurry u shud give it 1 more shot
"enlighten" Dude there is no gr8er fool than 1 who believes he/she can do it, so plz let me b a friend only
& ya I like ur signatures.

Ullu.......... ur id is gr8 2

dangerously urs
cobra

can you plz tell us what was avg. and median salary last and this year and which were major recruiters?

A representative list of the corporate organizations associated with us
for final and summer placements are as follows:

ABN Amro
BHEL
Citibank
Eicher
Frost and Sullivan
HCL
IDBI
Ingersoll Rand
LG
Market Rx
Nestle
Pidilite
Reddington
SIDBI
TCS
Amul
Boston Scientific
Control Technique
Essar
Honda
ICICI Bank
IPMS
LML
Mastek
Noida Power
PFC
Reliance Energy
Siemens
Synovate India
Tavant Technologies
Ashok Leyland
BPCL
Dabur
GE
GSPL
ICRA
Indian Airlines
Jenson & Nicholson
Maruti
NIF
Pepsi
RBI
Saatchi & Saatchi
Tata Motors
TERI

Hi cobra,

Please enlighten.

-Nilesh.

With 1464 you have a good chance of getting the call. converting it finally depends only on you & God {Luck}

& ya i personally feel that MBA @ IITs r goin 2 b big soon & @ IIT K looking at the results it is surely gonna b gr8. 4 other institutes u r free r form ur opinions :black:
Personally i feel that after K, if u r not in a hurry u shud give it 1 more shot
"enlighten" Dude there is no gr8er fool than 1 who believes he/she can do it, so plz let me b a friend only
& ya I like ur signatures.

Ullu.......... ur id is gr8 2

dangerously urs
cobra

Thanks Vineet. A few days ago I had been to your website. As far as my memory serves me you left UBS for IITK. Right?
What I wanted to know from you was if 1866 AIR can fetch a call from there and what is usually asked in GD/PI? Plz Enlighten.
UKP Dude i must say u hav a terrific memory :oha: . Do v know each other or is it that u scavenged d info frm d net .
I also left a msg on d site 4 u.
@ ur air u stand a fair chance of gettin d call & as i say d conversion of it depends only on u & God {luck} .

amit_hawk though i dont remember d xact figsd safely speakin mean this year shud b 4.5 l+ ,last time this was 4.0 . ;median should b arnd this 2. the recruiters u can c 4 urself on r site {the placements link}

nethin else
i ll b there

cobra

Hey has any one received a mail from IITK givin dates for the gd/pi

The Group Discussion/Personal Interview schedule for the candidates
interested in IIT KANPUR MBA option is provided below:

Does this mean anyone can get a call?? I've got a very low rank 3920. Never expected it to be so low. Had done well.

Any idea guys?

Hey Cobra,

Thanx for the info yaar.

Hope to see you soon at K.

-Nilesh

hey cobra!
pleez tell me if i should apply to iit k with a rank of 2592! decent acads and 6 months work ex in a telecom firm! pleez tell me if there's even a slightest of possibility! and also if with this rank shud i be applying to any of the iits! waiting for a prompt response coz last date is very close now!
Thanks!

cat04
if u care 4 my "2 paisas", at this AIR the chances of getting a call r some what bleak. also plz note that 'decent' is a relative term
about appylin 2 other iits, buddy it all depends on ur career aspirations {& desperation}.So its best that u tak ur own call

nil
BOL & i ll b lookin 4ward 2 meetin 4 2.

urs
cobra

thanks cobra! i wanted ur frank advise dats the reason i posted my query to u! by decent acads i mean 81% in my graduation degree( bachelors of information systems (hons) from Indraprastha univesity) ,78% in 12th and 80% in 10th. and yes i have to join a bschool this very year only coz i already have kind of a gap year. with a cat percentile of 81 cudnt manage any decent calls! so pleez enlighten more!
Thanks a ton!

Hey Cobra,

When is the shortlist for GD/PI expected?

By the way I got a call from SCMHRD also. GD/PI on 1 to 4 th Feb.

Will let you know abt it.

-Nilesh

hi cobra m a mariner got 2015 rank do i stand a chance in iitk
?

regards sailor