Dissatisfaction regarding the education in private B-schools

Hi I am Amit, a first year MBA student from a private management institute in Hyderabad. This mail has been written in utter helplessness and despair regarding my prospects as a corporate manager. As we all know, private management insti…

Hi

I am Amit, a first year MBA student from a private management institute in Hyderabad. This mail has been written in utter helplessness and despair regarding my prospects as a corporate manager.

As we all know, private management institutions like ours are no match to the likes of premier B-schools like IIMs and XLRI in India. 100% placements is just a mirage that traps students like us. Now there is a huge gap that I percieve in the quality of education and exposure from what I expected to get.

I am doubtful of my basics in the fundamental core courses and I'm turning paranoid regarding my future prospects.

I would request the seniors in the premier management institutes to kindly shed light on what we are missing and how could the gap possibly be bridged. This is also a call to all the fellow students in similar colleges who are unsatisfied with their education.

Hi

I am Amit, a first year MBA student from a private management institute in Hyderabad. This mail has been written in utter helplessness and despair regarding my prospects as a corporate manager.

As we all know, private management institutions like ours are no match to the likes of premier B-schools like IIMs and XLRI in India. 100% placements is just a mirage that traps students like us. Now there is a huge gap that I percieve in the quality of education and exposure from what I expected to get.

I am doubtful of my basics in the fundamental core courses and I'm turning paranoid regarding my future prospects.

I would request the seniors in the premier management institutes to kindly shed light on what we are missing and how could the gap possibly be bridged. This is also a call to all the fellow students in similar colleges who are unsatisfied with their education.

Hi.....could you explain more in detail what those gaps are? which college are you from? and what do you perceive as a good exposure? and could you suggest a "mark" below which we should not seek admission?

P.S. i am an mba aspirant :

Hello,
I am just an MBA aspirant. But this is what i have to say:

There are people who have left FMS to join IIM. So you can try again. If you are worried about the fee, the b-schools of IIT and FMS don't charge a high fee.

I think doing projects and writing some research papers will help you gain an insight on the subjects. Most IIMs have a case based teaching method. Try to get hold of some good cases and solve them.

This is all i know. Sorry if you feel I am not the right person to answer your question. But i just tried to help.
There are some wonderful people here. I am sure they will guide you.
If you need some inspiration,go through the "All i wanted to say about the CAT" thread.

Regards,
Sriram.

@Amit: Im very glad u brought this up. This is a question that always haunts me. Im just an MBA aspirant but I have faced this problem in my Engineering college. An Institute's brand image and the promises of the quality of education that it makes seldom reflects the reality once the course begins.

I have already got a drop in engineering and even after finishing in 2010, I didnt take up a full time job, but concentrated on preparing for the MBA entrance exams. Havent done very well but hoping to get into atleast a top 30 college but Im really apprehensive about the kind of education I'm looking at. After a miserable 5 years in engineering, I really want to study in a college that lives up to atleast half of what it promises. But after reading about these accounts and stories about lack of quality faculty, Im really worried, especially because Im pretty desperate to do my MBA this year itself, though I have a full time job now.