Discussion : MBA Oath - Is it relevant?

:: hello everybody, I am Lajwanti D’Souza, joined Pagalguy as a consulting Editor. Formerly was editor of India’s largest tabloid the Mid-day and before that wrote for the Times of India. I am writing an article on the MBA Oath which is toda…

hello everybody,
I am Lajwanti D'Souza, joined Pagalguy as a consulting Editor. Formerly was editor of India's largest tabloid the Mid-day and before that wrote for the Times of India.
I am writing an article on the MBA Oath which is today synonymous with just-named dean of Harvard Nitin Nohria. Would like your comments on the same.
Is the Oath a practical idea?
Would you want to start a similar excercise in your B school?
You think an Oath of this kind will change your perception to your life as an MBA.
Do reply, would love to know your comments
Laj

Oath as such might not serve the purpose .. even the oath taken by doctors doesnt have the desired effect in all cases .. what could be started is a morality check during the admissions stage in b schools say during the interview or the written test ..if implemented properly, that would serve the purpose

Hi Laj...My take on this...Oath gives you sense of responsibility towards your profession, so taking an oath might change few mindsets and align them to do what is expected.

"Change is inevitable.Change is constant."